Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

I think you confuse introversion with social phobia

I'm not confused about either. I don't believe Morrissey is socially phobic in the slightest nor do I believe he is an introvert. He has definite characteristics of someone who is extrovert and I know for a fact he likes being socially active.

What a wonderful post...
I love your first line especially, it’s like a trailer for a new movie....
in some parts of your post it’s as if you’re speaking to five year old children... and in many respects you are...

I agree with you , morrissey, I’m sure reads this site.. he would never turn his back on people who quote, slander or adore him. He misses nothing..
Unfortunately there are several on here who have , over the last week went into overdrive with their venom, pouring from every orifice....
I’m sure that if/ when the dust settles his next concert will be his most passionate, and emotional one ever.. and the ones who seep constant venom shall, no doubt be at the front of stage with hand held aloft waiting for the kings touch... indeed unprecedented times we all live in....
Carlis: I'm going to attend you....
I 'll explain ,i know little english, i'use a translator and it is complicated ,i must use basic words to put together simple sentences.
If you knew how to speak spanish, you would realize how my way of writing is..
If you like my words better and if not sorry, i am a WOMAN and the translator insists on changing my sex...
Translating is difficult for me but is helps me to learn english.
Simple and clear messages sometimes serve more than many nonsense words....
I short straight.
You many think that i am intellectually inferior because i belong to the 3rd world, but if you knew me ,you would change your opinion inmediately i do not consider myself neither from the 1st nor from 3rd world i have a university degree that i am awarded by the public university of which i am proud where 3 nobel prizes came out,2 in Medicine and one in Chemistry...
I'm sorry you attack me again.
Best regards.

You're absolutely tripping if you think he's an extrovert.

Or that walking in Manchester & posting on your own website is Limelight.

I feel my profession has been insulted. And it takes a hell of a lot to do that because it's a pit.

You are putting words in my mouth, again.

I did not say that walking in manchester was an example of being in the limelight.

I said walking around manchester in a manner that that gets attention, with a hearing aid and wire hanging down and national health glasses when going to meet people is a characteristic of an extrovert not an introvert. It is someone who wants to stand out in a crowd.

An introvert also doesn't walk around the back stage areas at Glastonbury wandering to meet other artists carrying a china tea cup with his woman aide, Sarah, walking slightly behind him carrying a specially made china tea cup lid. Definitely characteristics of an extrovert, not an introvert.

Socially he has been quite the opposite of an extrovert. Often impulsively wanting to get in a car with friends and drive far to get to a social scene where he becomes the life and soul.

This image that you have of the shy retiring introvert sat in his bedroom is an image that people like to have in their head but it is far from reality. It may well have been a bit like that as a child but that is not the definition of the adult and wasn't for the most part in Manchester as an adult.

Yes he doesn't often like to be around large groups of strangers but he thrives in social situations with friends and is a bit of a party animal in those groups. On this point you are probably confusing shyness with socially distant. Yes he can be shy but that is not the same as socially distant and introvert people are socially distant and he is not. I am shy but I crave social scenes and often seek them out.

One of the other main characteristics of an introvert by definition is restraint. They will always think things through over and over before saying anything and often decide to restrain from saying what they have in their heads for fear of a reaction they don't want.

I think Morrissey has demonstrated many times over that restraint is not a characteristic he has. His tendency is the opposite which lies as a characteristic of an extrovert.

I know this doesn't fit into the model or image that is portrayed in books etc but that model isn't reality. You speak as though you know him and I can assure you, you don't. You know what he allows you to know and what other people, people generally that he doesn't like, say he is like. It isn't the truth or the whole story.

To the truly depraved and warped individuals who take the time to post on a Morrissey fan site criticizing a response he posted whilst grieving the death of his Mother? You’re a complete and utter Loser who is getting off on the inflamed reactions of others. I’m not a fan of everything Morrissey says and does but he’s not “Pope” Morrissey he’s a singer who is famous for Singing not being a moral or spiritual compass. For anyone to look to celebrities whether they be singers, artists, actors etc. for any type of wisdom or guidance is laughable. We are all fallible human beings. The cancel culture and stamping of feet because you don’t like what someone has said is utter nonsense. Why not go out get famous for something - anything and then you too can spout your fallible ideas and be called out for it, made to grovel and “apologize” for what? What lesson was learned? Twitter is the perfect example of this a famous person posts something offensive - after someone points out to them whatever it was that was offensive- they then post a cringeworthy groveling “apology” how they promise to now be more “woke” End of Cycle until they do it again and again- wash rinse repeat......

MOZ is an extrovert with desinhibitors,he reads alcohol ,sober he is a device ,he is clearly and conspicuously Shy, see how he feels in interviews i bet his hands perspire ,he gestures ,he moves,his gestures are apparatus☺☺
I love him the same
Moz my Aparato
Aparato = ridiculous .
I love my ridiculous 😍😍😍😍

Carlis: I'm going to attend you....
I 'll explain ,i know little english, i'use a translator and it is complicated ,i must use basic words to put together simple sentences.
If you knew how to speak spanish, you would realize how my way of writing is..
If you like my words better and if not sorry, i am a WOMAN and the translator insists on changing my sex...
Translating is difficult for me but is helps me to learn english.
Simple and clear messages sometimes serve more than many nonsense words....
I short straight.
You many think that i am intellectually inferior because i belong to the 3rd world, but if you knew me ,you would change your opinion inmediately i do not consider myself neither from the 1st nor from 3rd world i have a university degree that i am awarded by the public university of which i am proud where 3 nobel prizes came out,2 in Medicine and one in Chemistry...
I'm sorry you attack me again.
Best regards.

You have no need to explain to anyone, your English is understandable and conveys your passion for Morrissey very well.

You are putting words in my mouth, again.

I did not say that walking in manchester was an example of being in the limelight.

I said walking around manchester in a manner that that gets attention, with a hearing aid and wire hanging down and national health glasses when going to meet people is a characteristic of an extrovert not an introvert. It is someone who wants to stand out in a crowd.

An introvert also doesn't walk around the back stage areas at Glastonbury wandering to meet other artists carrying a china tea cup with his woman aide, Sarah, walking slightly behind him carrying a specially made china tea cup lid. Definitely characteristics of an extrovert, not an introvert.

Socially he has been quite the opposite of an extrovert. Often impulsively wanting to get in a car with friends and drive far to get to a social scene where he becomes the life and soul.

This image that you have of the shy retiring introvert sat in his bedroom is an image that people like to have in their head but it is far from reality. It may well have been a bit like that as a child but that is not the definition of the adult and wasn't for the most part in Manchester as an adult.

Yes he doesn't often like to be around large groups of strangers but he thrives in social situations with friends and is a bit of a party animal in those groups. On this point you are probably confusing shyness with socially distant. Yes he can be shy but that is not the same as socially distant and introvert people are socially distant and he is not. I am shy but I crave social scenes and often seek them out.

One of the other main characteristics of an introvert by definition is restraint. They will always think things through over and over before saying anything and often decide to restrain from saying what they have in their heads for fear of a reaction they don't want.

I think Morrissey has demonstrated many times over that restraint is not a characteristic he has. His tendency is the opposite which lies as a characteristic of an extrovert.

I know this doesn't fit into the model or image that is portrayed in books etc but that model isn't reality. You speak as though you know him and I can assure you, you don't. You know what he allows you to know and what other people, people generally that he doesn't like, say he is like. It isn't the truth or the whole story.

Oh, you're that one again. 🙄

You have no need to explain to anyone, your English is understandable and conveys your passion for Morrissey very well.
Absolutely.
Plus her spelling is much better than carlislebaz's...

No. Bless your heart you'll go on forever... but you'll probably catch me unawares some time in the future.

No bless you. Going on forever is something who are known for but I am sure who will have some more stated analysed facts coming our ways sometime soon. The fly on Morrissey's wall, knowing all.

An introvert also doesn't walk around the back stage areas at Glastonbury wandering to meet other artists carrying a china tea cup with his woman aide, Sarah, walking slightly behind him carrying a specially made china tea cup lid.

... And now she sings "if you liked it you should have put a lid on it" in karaoke bars in Caradown Town...
When you've got "Morrissey's Personal Cup Lid Carrier" on your CV, the world is your oyster.
Imagine if you carry the whole teapot.

The American Presidency. At the very least.

he reads alcohol

o_O

...Doesn't vodka blur his vision a bit when he does?

Aaanyway.
TOTD: when your mum leaves, it's like when half your audience leaves.

I'm not confused about either. I don't believe Morrissey is socially phobic in the slightest nor do I believe he is an introvert. He has definite characteristics of someone who is extrovert and I know for a fact he likes being socially active.

A normal extrovert would dread spending days and weeks in his own company, but this has always been important for Morrissey. Introversion is more correlated with creativity and art than extroversion is. And it's not black and white either, like a switch, like all other personality traits it exists on a spectrum and is affected by all other personality traits

A normal extrovert would dread spending days and weeks in his own company, but this has always been important for Morrissey. Introversion is more correlated with creativity and art than extroversion is. And it's not black and white either, like a switch, like all other personality traits it exists on a spectrum and is affected by all other personality traits

And you know it is more important for him to spend weeks alone how?

I can assure you he likes company and has a social life that he organises. This idea that he sits for weeks in his room is old school and not reality.

You are generalising big time if you are seriously saying creative people are introvert. It simply is not a general rule and a lot of introverts would never seek out a career that involves being around people and certainly not stand on a stage in front of 1000s night after night after night.

An introvert would dread spending months on stage in front of 1000s of people and having to be social night in night out.

Many extroverts are very creative and many famous artists have been or are full on extroverts. You can not generalise like that.

You are trying to mould the model around the man and it isnt real.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom