Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

please some of you cant you give him a break, he is going through the worst time of his life, he will be ok in the end his family right now will close ranks it is what families do, the healing process is long and painful and usually starts with them sat around looking at old photos and recalling stories/events, so please be kind, best regards, Manc Lad

we all know. Many of us have lost parents

Moz is very sad and in a bad mood,but in the end he finds love!!.
He feels thats some in his country are ungrateful with him and with career.
MOZ needs his fans ,that's why he publishes and talks to us ,he asks for support he needs words of support ,he wants love!!!.
MOZ hates people who mistreat him on this site and don't understand it,but Morrissey knows that here you can find people who love him too much!.
I am sure he reads what we write....
Moz feels bad leave him alone ,he needs to see some light,his duel has just begun.
Don't hit him when he's down...
Moz is like that ....so man and so child!!..and right now he feels very helpless!!!.
Unconditional love for my Moz❤❤

Moz has attacked many people's careers all his life so it would be weird to then not like it when people criticise his don't you think.

He has attacked more artists and people in the industry than most. Did he listen when fans of those artists told him to be silent. No. You get what you give

Moz is very sad and in a bad mood,but in the end he finds love!!.
He feels thats some in his country are ungrateful with him and with career.
MOZ needs his fans ,that's why he publishes and talks to us ,he asks for support he needs words of support ,he wants love!!!.
MOZ hates people who mistreat him on this site and don't understand it,but Morrissey knows that here you can find people who love him too much!.
I am sure he reads what we write....
Moz feels bad leave him alone ,he needs to see some light,his duel has just begun.
Don't hit him when he's down...
Moz is like that ....so man and so child!!..and right now he feels very helpless!!!.
Unconditional love for my Moz❤❤
What a wonderful post...
I love your first line especially, it’s like a trailer for a new movie....
in some parts of your post it’s as if you’re speaking to five year old children... and in many respects you are...

I agree with you , morrissey, I’m sure reads this site.. he would never turn his back on people who quote, slander or adore him. He misses nothing..
Unfortunately there are several on here who have , over the last week went into overdrive with their venom, pouring from every orifice....
I’m sure that if/ when the dust settles his next concert will be his most passionate, and emotional one ever.. and the ones who seep constant venom shall, no doubt be at the front of stage with hand held aloft waiting for the kings touch... indeed unprecedented times we all live in....

How sanctimonious.

This is an internet forum where people are allowed to discuss and express whatever their views may be. Morrissey isn't on here since he has expressed his hatred of this site many times and asked people to boycott it so maybe you are therefore being slightly disrespectful by being on here?

There is unconditional love and then there is love which is far from unconditional. Two very distinct things.

If he doesn't want people to react to his posts then maybe he shouldn't post? If he posts things in the public eye then by its very democratic nature people will react and that will be both negative and positive. Most people don't post public posts when their parent dies and if they do they don't use it as a platform to fuel his old hate of media etc

So you could just ignore posts you don't like instead of coming up with this signalling positivity post claiming people are dragging him down. He is a celebrity and he is posting messages in the public eye which are them posted on a site he hates for 1000s of people to see. To think people won't criticise the content of these posts if very naive to say the least.

Just ignore them if you don't like them. Otherwise you really just fuel them.
You’re right. I’ve fuelled your reply for example so yes I should’ve just ignored. In total honesty I’m not in the best place and only came here for some interaction and was trying to inject some positivity at the same time but instead I’ve come across as sanctimonious. Also you’re right in Morrissey expressed opinion of the site so another reason why I should go away...the main reason of course being that I’m far better than you. Love to you Morrissey, hopefully see you again someday x

Moz has attacked many people's careers all his life so it would be weird to then not like it when people criticise his don't you think.

He has attacked more artists and people in the industry than most. Did he listen when fans of those artists told him to be silent. No. You get what you give

He does it in a fey way & it's usually when they're doing well or they've eaten a burger.

He doesn't do this kind of targeted harassment, he doesn't kick when they're down & he doesn't go on until they're destroyed.

I thought of Morrissey's Mother this morning while "rescuing" assorted bugs that are attracted to my bathtub and need to be relocated before turning on the shower. (old house, rural area) I think I remember Morrissey saying somewhere that his Mom was always scooping up insects on a piece of paper and putting them in safer place. I've seen a video on YouTube of Morrissey doing that mid-song during a concert! I admire them both. Elizabeth will be remembered kindly by many, many people that never even met her for all sorts of wonderful things.

He's made his bed and has to lie in it.

On Idiot Culture - interesting podcast with Danny Baker about his career & the Royal picture scandal that (so far) ended his time at the BBC.

He does it in a fey way & it's usually when they're doing well or they've eaten a burger.

He doesn't do this kind of targeted harassment, he doesn't kick when they're down & he doesn't go on until they're destroyed.

That is a matter of opinion. he has continually dissed pop stars but that aside. The criticism is what media is about. If you cant handle attacks in the media which are part and parcel of being in the limelight then stop posting stuff without thinking about the response that will come.

If my despair was that people always disagree with me my choice would be to not post stuff that ends in that disagreement or to accept that the disagreement will come.

Not everyone is going to always be on side. It is part and parcel of being a celebrity, especially one who likes to be controversial. If you cant handle that don't be controversial.

Morrissey is easy pickings for the press because he says so much stuff that entertains them but not in a good way. The press do what they do and always have. Most people don't get this kind of response because most artists don't post stuff like this on their own website and certainly don't allow a nephew with rather strange ideas of PR to post on their behalf.

Mostly the press just need to quote his words. It is easy for them and it apparently sells and without it it wouldn't have all these adoring fans kneeling in front of his words and ready to buy any ticket or album that comes out.

As I have said before everyone comes to his aid when people criticise him but without this criticism what would he do? He thrives on it and it results in more adoration and love which fuels his need. Without all this attention on here and people being negative the extreme positive posts would be less so and that isnt what he needs. He needs more love which comes from more negativity. One isn't fuelled without the other.

I thought of Morrissey's Mother this morning while "rescuing" assorted bugs that are attracted to my bathtub and need to be relocated before turning on the shower. (old house, rural area) I think I remember Morrissey saying somewhere that his Mom was always scooping up insects on a piece of paper and putting them in safer place. I've seen a video on YouTube of Morrissey doing that mid-song during a concert! I admire them both. Elizabeth will be remembered kindly by many, many people that never even met her for all sorts of wonderful things.

I always move the spiders before getting in the bath. Can't remember killing an insect deliberately.

Omg calm your tits. The sea wants to take me is a metaphor for crying salty tears. He’s not going to kill himself jesus.

And the next line about how the knife wants to slit me, is that about an unfortunate accident whilst making toast?

Indeed. As I mentioned before - even now - it's "this country stinks"

To be fair, you could start every single post 'As I mentioned before...'

That is a matter of opinion. he has continually dissed pop stars but that aside. The criticism is what media is about. If you cant handle attacks in the media which are part and parcel of being in the limelight then stop posting stuff without thinking about the response that will come.

If my despair was that people always disagree with me my choice would be to not post stuff that ends in that disagreement or to accept that the disagreement will come.

Not everyone is going to always be on side. It is part and parcel of being a celebrity, especially one who likes to be controversial. If you cant handle that don't be controversial.

Morrissey is easy pickings for the press because he says so much stuff that entertains them but not in a good way. The press do what they do and always have. Most people don't get this kind of response because most artists don't post stuff like this on their own website and certainly don't allow a nephew with rather strange ideas of PR to post on their behalf.

Mostly the press just need to quote his words. It is easy for them and it apparently sells and without it it wouldn't have all these adoring fans kneeling in front of his words and ready to buy any ticket or album that comes out.

As I have said before everyone comes to his aid when people criticise him but without this criticism what would he do? He thrives on it and it results in more adoration and love which fuels his need. Without all this attention on here and people being negative the extreme positive posts would be less so and that isnt what he needs. He needs more love which comes from more negativity. One isn't fuelled without the other.

It's a changed media landscape though - scandals are now click driven & gamified.

Person X says something & then hot-takers will keep attacking until they get them fired, venues cancelled etc etc. Once it's over they move on to the next scandal. They don't need celebrities because anyone can become a target just by being in a viral tweet or video.

Amy Cooper, the Central Park Karen 🙄 is the same as Morrissey is the same as Ellen DeGeneres (currently getting a kicking for not being Nermal) to these people. And even the counter hot-takers are only using them & will mostly not care if they're compounding the person's career troubles.

Whereas I think (this is what I've been picking up, I wasn't around) - Moz's generation of Indie stars seemed to think there was a more honest way of being famous. That you could say what you felt & express your inner world & that it didn't need to be sanitised, standardized & sold like a tin of baked beans.

Then somewhere in the 90s the entire industry went Disney Factory on them. Britney Spears is iconic because she couldn't take how inhumane niceness is & ended up shaving her head & hitting a car with an umbrella.

Moz's social media is hopeless & he can't or won't shape himself to the news agenda (which avoids most pull-quote horrors) - but I think there should be limits on just how much abuse you can heap on someone who doesn't seem to have done much except sing, become aghast & drink tea.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom