Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

Am I the only one who assumed he meant overtaxed in the other sense? Either way show some respect surely? A man grieving is trying to articulate how he is feeling. If his messages are not your cup of tea fair enough but for now, considering the circumstances just let the hate go...
Love and strength to you Moz.

Isn’t it his hate that is being expressed? Are you trying to silence people’s views? If he let the hate go things would be easier for him

Isn’t it his hate that is being expressed? Are you trying to silence people’s views? If he let the hate go things would be easier for him
No wish to silence anyone, just writing what I was thinking I suppose. I don’t really see the hate he’s expressing personally, he in fact mentions the opposite twice, Love. I mean the idiot culture....don’t tell me you don’t see it?
There is plenty of love in that message as well as slithers of anger (mother just died, let it go?) I suppose I clung to the hopeful parts of the message while others cling to the negatives....and then of course there’s those others who even if the whole message was love and peace would be digging away with a shovel trying to find something to drag him down for.

Angel, angel, together down we go.... If you don’t understand us, we don’t care... you post your hate, but our LOVE for the songs that changed our lives, for the ones who wrote them will never be diminished...You get an A+ for trying, but we never cared much for school...❤️

Content.

Can’t he just grieve and not worry about why the press aren’t that interested in his mother? His posts have appeared in articles in many places and most fans will know about it. Why does it matter?

We all know he hates the press but surely give it a rest right now.

It makes him look obsessed about his hatred rather than his love of his mother.

It's bathos - it's his style. The point he's making is that life is cruel but love goes on. There's no hatred or anger there.

I sometimes think it might help if he had a drag name for his prose like - Morrsashay.

It's bathos - it's his style. The point he's making is that life is cruel but love goes on. There's no hatred or anger there.

I sometimes think it might help if he had a drag name for his prose like - Morrsashay.

But you state the point he is making as though you know for sure, like he just phoned you to explain and I doubt that.

Nothing he says is clear and is and has been interpreted in many different ways by many people.

It is designed to not be a point.

One day he will just be open and clear instead of spending his life being coy and hidden.

But you state the point he is making as though you know for sure, like he just phoned you to explain and I doubt that.

Nothing he says is clear and is and has been interpreted in many different ways by many people.

It is designed to not be a point.

One day he will just be open and clear instead of spending his life being coy and hidden.

We could argue over the exact meaning of some of the phrasing, but I know the style & I can get the gist.

I love the way he writes - he's a rare example of gawky camp.

It just needs a bit of context in social media. He's really not wrong about Idiot Culture.

One day he will not be Morrissey.

There's always time to change son.

It's like blaming blue for not being green.

Last edited:
are you bitchfaces still grumbling about steve's sexuality? i told you that he's queer. what is wrong all of you?

do you know what being queer means?
Our Steve’s not gay at all, he’s just attracted to cross dressers, like the New York dolls , and Jon Daley.....

please some of you cant you give him a break, he is going through the worst time of his life, he will be ok in the end his family right now will close ranks it is what families do, the healing process is long and painful and usually starts with them sat around looking at old photos and recalling stories/events, so please be kind, best regards, Manc Lad

You're right, even the dumbest of views shouldn't be silenced ... And I don't mean Morrissey...

No wish to silence anyone, just writing what I was thinking I suppose. I don’t really see the hate he’s expressing personally, he in fact mentions the opposite twice, Love. I mean the idiot culture....don’t tell me you don’t see it?
There is plenty of love in that message as well as slithers of anger (mother just died, let it go?) I suppose I clung to the hopeful parts of the message while others cling to the negatives....and then of course there’s those others who even if the whole message was love and peace would be digging away with a shovel trying to find something to drag him down for.

How sanctimonious.

This is an internet forum where people are allowed to discuss and express whatever their views may be. Morrissey isn't on here since he has expressed his hatred of this site many times and asked people to boycott it so maybe you are therefore being slightly disrespectful by being on here?

There is unconditional love and then there is love which is far from unconditional. Two very distinct things.

If he doesn't want people to react to his posts then maybe he shouldn't post? If he posts things in the public eye then by its very democratic nature people will react and that will be both negative and positive. Most people don't post public posts when their parent dies and if they do they don't use it as a platform to fuel his old hate of media etc

So you could just ignore posts you don't like instead of coming up with this signalling positivity post claiming people are dragging him down. He is a celebrity and he is posting messages in the public eye which are them posted on a site he hates for 1000s of people to see. To think people won't criticise the content of these posts if very naive to say the least.

Just ignore them if you don't like them. Otherwise you really just fuel them.

Angel, angel, together down we go.... If you don’t understand us, we don’t care... you post your hate, but our LOVE for the songs that changed our lives, for the ones who wrote them will never be diminished...You get an A+ for trying, but we never cared much for school...❤

Wow now who is posting about hate. Personally I don't see it. I see people having the free will to criticise. Far from hate. I can see you never cared too much for school.

We could argue over the exact meaning of some of the phrasing, but I know the style & I can get the gist.

I love the way he writes - he's a rare example of gawky camp.

It just needs a bit of context in social media. He's really not wrong about Idiot Culture.

Gawky camp may work in lyrics or books with no punctuation but as a statement type post trying to be informative it fails to inform.

And this idiot culture exists only in England? I don't see any change to culture unfortunately that is only evidenced in England or is he just bitter again? Media criticism appears in media globally so what is he talking about. That is a rhetorical question because I am sure you statements that state what it is but the interest we all have is what he is stating it to be not you.

Many would say the idiot culture has been expressed perfectly on Morrissey Central for quite a while now.

He loves these vague statements like Idiot Culture. It gives him the alleged defence against anything that criticises him.

It means nothing, he brings no explanation as to what it actually means or refers to.

It gives his blind rather scary idolising fanatics a phrase to back up their view that anything that dares to criticise him is part of this made up culture. It gives their view credence without actually stating what it actually is.

It is meaningless and as meaningless as other such terms like "snowflake generation" or "virtue signalling" etc etc etc.

The very creation and existence of these words over the past few years to a lot of people are examples of the very culture that is very idiotic.

Moz is very sad and in a bad mood,but in the end he finds love!!.
He feels thats some in his country are ungrateful with him and with career.
MOZ needs his fans ,that's why he publishes and talks to us ,he asks for support he needs words of support ,he wants love!!!.
MOZ hates people who mistreat him on this site and don't understand it,but Morrissey knows that here you can find people who love him too much!.
I am sure he reads what we write....
Moz feels bad leave him alone ,he needs to see some light,his duel has just begun.
Don't hit him when he's down...
Moz is like that ....so man and so child!!..and right now he feels very helpless!!!.
Unconditional love for my Moz❤❤

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom