Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

I could never kill myself. Who’d remember the people we loved then. They’d cease and the light really would go out.

Please do tell.....................

Well, how John's mother Julia had him taken off her to live with her sister Aunt Mimi and their interesting relationship. Julia was killed by an off-duty copper, just round the corner from Mimi's house which traumatized John for yrs. It's all in the movie Nowhere Boy.

What is he insinuating by "the boy’s traditional right"? To do as Jimmy Clitheroe did? Even if he's only being melodramatic, whoever runs that site should not have let him post that crap.

If nothing else it's fascinating to watch a man, who for all of his artistic life has described every minor setback in his life in overblown, melodramatic, tragic terms, deal with an actual tragedy in his life. My view is that a period of dignified silence on his part would not go amiss right now.

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

Morrissey remember stay strong take solice in music, sorry to be Corney but Rubber Ring comes to mind

Brilliant. I keep meaning to go on the tour.

My mate had a mate who lived local, so he just showed us where everything was...but if you have the cash...I'd go on one of the proper tours with a guide. Worth it i reckon. And if you go...go to the Beatles pubs at night.

He wrote a song for his Mum. She was called Julia.

Plus "Mother". Although it's less of a song, more primal scream therapy detox.

There's a lot of guilt & anguish there - but he's ended on love, so I think he'll get through.

Well, how John's mother Julia had him taken off her to live with her sister Aunt Mimi and their interesting relationship. Julia was killed by an off-duty copper, just round the corner from Mimi's house which traumatized John for yrs. It's all in the movie Nowhere Boy.

Paul, too - his Mum died when he was 14.

"
the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod" - … can you relate to that Skinny?

What is he insinuating by "the boy’s traditional right"? To do as Jimmy Clitheroe did? Even if he's only being melodramatic, whoever runs that site should not have let him post that crap.

I had to look it up - God, Jimmy Clitheroe died on the day of his Mum's funeral.

I reckon "flowers arriving at the house". I reckon California's Son never said it was his California Mom's house. I reckon he couldn't call it "the Airbnb". :laughing: I reckon he also has to take his customary parting shot at Ingland or Brittin or whatever they call it saying he can't stand your country with a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary to stick up your Brittish Protestant asses. I reckon the USA was left off the list, because we know in Moz Angeles where his California Mom's real house is to send flowers to. You idiots are the list of the lost me mate inn nn nnn n nnnn n nnnn n it.

I reckon "flowers arriving at the house". I reckon California's Son never said it was his California Mom's house. I reckon he couldn't call it "the Airbnb". :laughing: I reckon he also has to take his customary parting shot at Ingland or Brittin or whatever they call it saying he can't stand your country with a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary to stick up your Brittish Protestant asses. I reckon the USA was left off the list, because we know in Moz Angeles where his California Mom's real house is to send flowers to. You idiots are the list of the lost me mate inn nn nnn n nnnn n nnnn n it.
Morrissey couldn't be more British

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom