Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

No one pinched anyone. It was just the love interest reacting to being touched around the waist by Dave. You mislead me to believe there'd been some pinching.
"Pinching" in the sense of "stealing". She gets in the car with the Boy Racer towards the end of the video.

Seeing Gripper in that video makes me feel ancient.
Regards,
FWD.

Regards,
FWD.
Do you know if the actor playing the Boy Racer is Jason Rush (from the Playboys video)? I've read that a couple of times but I can't tell if it's him and couldn't find any info on the actor.

Regards,
FWD.
@Famous when dead ...FWD I'm actually surprised you hadn't flagged up the 25th anniversary of DD already & dedicated a separate thread to celebrate it (him) where we all could have waxed lyrically about it? You normally have yr finger on the pulse with such things...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are DDave & The Boy Racer the same character, you think? Both London or Essex-type chavs, both 'geezers', & popular with the ladies...but you get the general idea.

Probably! I think he'd like to have been a geezer. Like Sylvia Plath wanted to be Betty Grable but couldn't stop writing furious poems about her Dad.

I guess it's spoken about in various JL docs on youtube but I'd watch Nowhere Boy, the movie.

I have seen the movie...again it's not a documentary about his Mother? Like she is not the star of the movie John is. Morrissey is implying that his mother be the lead in a documentary about herself.

Do you know if the actor playing the Boy Racer is Jason Rush (from the Playboys video)? I've read that a couple of times but I can't tell if it's him and couldn't find any info on the actor.
Not credited despite speculation here. That would make 3 Eastenders in the video - here's the best comparison I could cobble together:

20200821_213701.jpg

I believe his stint on Footballer's Wives might provide a better facial image if anyone wants to trawl those vids.
Regards,
FWD.

Not credited despite speculation here. That would make 3 Eastenders in the video - here's the best comparison I could cobble together:

View attachment 58586

I believe his stint on Footballer's Wives might provide a better facial image if anyone wants to trawl those.
Regards,
FWD.
Close enough. Thank you. 🙂

I have seen the movie...again it's not a documentary about his Mother? Like she is not the star of the movie John is. Morrissey is implying that his mother be the lead in a documentary about herself.

He's a film fanatic, there's bound to be something he's thinking about that we couldn't guess without knowing what he's been watching.

Stardust was on the other day, with Jim's OTT guilt-ridden tribute to his dead Mum, whose life his fame had damaged. (Bit inappropriate on a mourning thread, but it went hideously wrong ages ago).

You're too harsh. It's a crappy business & there should be ways of selling someone as introverted as him without wheeling him out for every album release to get sacrificed to the Gods of Copy.

You say introvert and I say extrovert.

Does an introvert wander the streets of Manchester (pre fame) wearing national health glasses and a hearing aid?

Does an introvert live in high end hotels in the heart of the buzzing social scene areas in cities?

There are artists that are introvert and they appear on stage as an artist and do not appear in the limelight and do not have websites where they post adhoc messages. They also don’t take part in deliberate controversy.

And again, the point you ignore, they don’t crave that public adoration by being controversial and therefore generating criticism and by getting attacked and being criticised it generates that pedestal adoration from fanatics which he craves. This is not the characteristic of an introvert.

Really? Not trying to be funny, but does anyone in the general public know or care when the parents of any other pop/rock star dies?

That's true, with all respects. Most of the time we don't even know about the pass away of artists family members passing away. I know how painful might be for him and how very important she was for him, but why he ask for so much attention? I'm sorry, but his attitude it's not mature enough. Part of me feels like he is using the death of her mum to keep himself on the spotlight. I don't understand the need of wanting so much publicity to her mum's death really.

Does an introvert wander the streets of Manchester (pre fame) wearing national health glasses and a hearing aid?

Does an introvert live in high end hotels in the heart of the buzzing social scene areas in cities?

There are artists that are introvert and they appear on stage as an artist and do not appear in the limelight and do not have websites where they post adhoc messages. They also don’t take part in deliberate controversy.

And again, the point you ignore, they don’t crave that public adoration by being controversial and therefore generating criticism and by getting attacked and being criticised it generates that pedestal adoration from fanatics which he craves. This is not the characteristic of an introvert.

I think you confuse introversion with social phobia

You're absolutely tripping if you think he's an extrovert.

Or that walking in Manchester & posting on your own website is Limelight.

I feel my profession has been insulted. And it takes a hell of a lot to do that because it's a pit.

A decent video but it remains one of the shittest songs ever written. Crap tune, dismal, unfunny lyrics.

You lie! Never having to question or fight is a great line.

I like his Confessions of a Wide Boy phase. It didn't quite sit with the other things he was trying out at the same time, but still...

You lie! Never having to question or fight is a great line.

I like his Confessions of a Wide Boy phase. It didn't quite sit with the other things he was trying out at the same time, but still...

"He'd love to touch
He's afraid that he might self-combust
I could say (much) more
But you get the general idea"

...is lyrical gold.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom