Book: "The Smiths – The Day I Was There" by Richard Houghton (Sep. 29, 2019)

full

Special limited edition hardback numbered from 1-500 and signed by the author.

"The Smiths – The Day I Was There tells the story of The Smiths in the words of over 400 fans from Britain and the US. With memories from the earliest Smiths shows at UK clubs through to the last ever gig at London’s Brixton Academy, you’ll see a portrait of The Smiths from the perspective of fans, promoters and support acts with personal photographs, memorabilia, fascinating anecdotes and stories that have never been published before."

Publication date: 29th September 2019.
Price: UK £24.99 US $32.00

Cover photo by Stephen Wright.

https://thisdayinmusicbooks.com/books/the-smiths-the-day-i-was-there/

The book was announced in January and featured here.

It's written by Richard Houghton.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Houghton did a great job on his book with David Gedge from The Wedding Present. Looking forward to this new book.

Richard Houghton did a great job on his book with David Gedge from The Wedding Present. Looking forward to this new book.
As one of the most underrated bands unknown by most The Weddoes are impressing for producing so many books and even some cartoon I believe?

I only met David once at a Camden gig and was accused of being german by some local lad my age. Saying I was swedish did not make it any better at all.

I see this cover for the new Smiths book is by photographer Stephen Wright who said the band were freezing cold when they were taken in the middle of Dec.

Did Sam choose the font and layout for this cover? :lbf:

Is this limited to 500 all together? Or just 500 hardbacks, and then a further 10,000,000 released on soft cover?? :rolleyes:

Either way. Won’t be buying it. The font puts me off.

For some of us, it was more than just a day!

I know a chap who was present when Marr and Morrissey called to The Manhattan in Manchester to arrange their first ever headliner, and their second ever gig. Instead of just turning up and signing off on the gig they stuck around all afternoon and had a few pints in his company. He speaks well of them, but says that Johnny was the pleasant one.

As one of the most underrated bands unknown by most The Weddoes are impressing for producing so many books and even some cartoon I believe?

I only met David once at a Camden gig and was accused of being german by some local lad my age. Saying I was swedish did not make it any better at all.

I have never meet the author Richard Houghton. I have never once visited the Salford lads club either. It may seem hard to believe but it is indeed the truth. One day lad.

I see this cover for the new Smiths book is by photographer Stephen Wright who said the band were freezing cold when they were taken in the middle of Dec.
People look better in cold cause heat makes people bloated which is why people with nerve problems in their back have more pain during a warm period.

The only benefit from heat is when people have joint pains but even that can be debated as placebo of the mind.

Given the present situation, we cling onto the memories. The happier memories.

Is this limited to 500 all together? Or just 500 hardbacks, and then a further 10,000,000 released on soft cover?? :rolleyes:

Either way. Won’t be buying it. The font puts me off.

Because of the font?? Haha! Well I'm going to wait and read some reviews. The promise of unseen photos intrigues me!

Because of the font?? Haha! Well I'm going to wait and read some reviews. The promise of unseen photos intrigues me!

It’s all about the font ! Doesn’t matter what’s in the book or on the record.

BTW didn’t Morrissey have a song called ‘Font Font Font’?

;)

full

Special limited edition hardback numbered from 1-500 and signed by the author.

"The Smiths – The Day I Was There tells the story of The Smiths in the words of over 400 fans from Britain and the US. With memories from the earliest Smiths shows at UK clubs through to the last ever gig at London’s Brixton Academy, you’ll see a portrait of The Smiths from the perspective of fans, promoters and support acts with personal photographs, memorabilia, fascinating anecdotes and stories that have never been published before."

Publication date: 29th September 2019.
Price: UK £24.99 US $32.00

Cover photo by Stephen Wright.

https://thisdayinmusicbooks.com/books/the-smiths-the-day-i-was-there/

The book was announced in January and featured here.

It's written by Richard Houghton.

Regards,
FWD.

Passions Just Like Mine-ish?

I reckon why doeus eveury sequential fouto ouf this ridiculous Smiuths pic in front of the Brittish YMCA make fat Andy thinner and thinner? I reckon I hate the Smiths almost as much as The California Son hates the Smiths mates inn n nnnn nnnnnnnn n n nnn n c*** wacker tit.

I reckon why doeus eveury sequential fouto ouf this ridiculous Smiuths pic in front of the Brittish YMCA make fat Andy thinner and thinner? I reckon I hate the Smiths almost as much as The California Son hates the Smiths mates inn n nnnn nnnnnnnn n n nnn n c*** wacker tit.
Smurf wants a chat with you by the pool about you over exceeding your weekly allowance again. Plus she wants you to collect the rent from now on.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom