Book: "Save Us Morrissey" - due Christmas by Jared Morris & Brian Clymer (October 14, 2020)

full

Regards,
FWD.

Further, via the author:
"Hey gang. I was asked to provide some more info.

The book is a chronological comprehensive collection of essays re: every non-album recordings + all live bsides and alt versions Morrissey has released. A biographical telling of Morrissey, band members, cowriters and producers thru 478 sources, music theory, analytical review and commentary. Unlike list books, each essay is a "deep dive". every entry gets between 2-18 pages. It's told in a conversational AP style and includes information about live performances, other artists cover versions, reissues, record store day releases etc. It's also not negative! I love Morrissey and his music so there's not any of the snarkiness you find in most writings about Morrissey and his work. It also explores some of the press coverage in recent years which, with my broadcasting career, I feel I have a unique take on.

600 pages? It's cause it goes in depth on every song and recording covered. I didn't intend to write so much, but it's also illustrated to an extent.

Qualifications? It's my fourth book, I have a degree in Communcation, I've been a radio talk show host for 15 years, I've been a radio rock DJ for five years. I've written for newspapers, magazines, radio and TV. I'm also highly trained in music theory and audio production and have produced numerous albums for musicians in my area. And I've been playing music for 28 years at various clubs and venues in the Northeast. I also have 22 albums that are currently actively in print. There's also an art to it that I think makes it more compelling.

I wrote it because I wanted to further explore the very rare tracks of Morrissey and his co-writers. I started writing in during Covid quarantine to keep from going crazy. It was Alain Whyte's stay-at-homes sessions that inspired it.

If you "hard pass" on it, that's fine, Nobody has to buy it. But, there's no reason to be a dick about it. Just move along. Thanks - JMX

Edit: the cover star is named Joe Elmer, 1943. I don't think that's the finished cover art."

Update:
The final cover art:

finfished.jpg

Further details and a sample chapter:

Last edited by a moderator:
You realize this tripe is just a glorified zine "written" by some random fan who doesn't have any inside track, right? And who probably got 100 percent of his information from this forum and Mozipedia?
Given you’ve complained about the author’s grammar, you won’t mind me pointing out that your syntax isn’t exactly flawless.

full

Regards,
FWD.

Further, via the author:
"Hey gang. I was asked to provide some more info.

The book is a chronological comprehensive collection of essays re: every non-album recordings + all live bsides and alt versions Morrissey has released. A biographical telling of Morrissey, band members, cowriters and producers thru 478 sources, music theory, analytical review and commentary. Unlike list books, each essay is a "deep dive". every entry gets between 2-18 pages. It's told in a conversational AP style and includes information about live performances, other artists cover versions, reissues, record store day releases etc. It's also not negative! I love Morrissey and his music so there's not any of the snarkiness you find in most writings about Morrissey and his work. It also explores some of the press coverage in recent years which, with my broadcasting career, I feel I have a unique take on.

600 pages? It's cause it goes in depth on every song and recording covered. I didn't intend to write so much, but it's also illustrated to an extent.

Qualifications? It's my fourth book, I have a degree in Communcation, I've been a radio talk show host for 15 years, I've been a radio rock DJ for five years. I've written for newspapers, magazines, radio and TV. I'm also highly trained in music theory and audio production and have produced numerous albums for musicians in my area. And I've been playing music for 28 years at various clubs and venues in the Northeast. I also have 22 albums that are currently actively in print. There's also an art to it that I think makes it more compelling.

I wrote it because I wanted to further explore the very rare tracks of Morrissey and his co-writers. I started writing in during Covid quarantine to keep from going crazy. It was Alain Whyte's stay-at-homes sessions that inspired it.

If you "hard pass" on it, that's fine, Nobody has to buy it. But, there's no reason to be a dick about it. Just move along. Thanks - JMX

Edit: the cover star is named Joe Elmer, 1943. I don't think that's the finished cover art."

Cover star looks like the bloke from 'Game on' fairly terrible 90s sitcom.
Look forward to the book.
Current top 3 b sides subject to change:
1. Never played symphonies
2. You must please remember
3 I can have both

This book reminds me of the guy I’m talking to right now. We’ve been talking since July and we finally met up at a park for the first time a couple of days ago. We watched the sunset while sitting on a bench. He was holding me in his arms and the way the sun illuminated his face, skin, and brown eyes really got to me. He was truly glowing. This book brought it all back.

I can't find any info on Joe Elmer, but regardless, I don't like the cover at all.

Never judge a book by its cover
Dialling a cliché there I see, very droll.

But no, I'm not judging the book at all & given his expansion of info I'm hopeful of a good & informative read ...but as the author said " I don't think that's the finished cover art. "...I thought I'd comment.

Cover star looks like the bloke from 'Game on' fairly terrible 90s sitcom.
Look forward to the book.
Current top 3 b sides subject to change:
1. Never played symphonies
2. You must please remember
3 I can have both
He does look like that fella...was well worth watching for a very fit Samantha Janus😛🤩

Dialling a cliché there I see, very droll.

But no, I'm not judging the book at all & given his expansion of info I'm hopeful of a good & informative read ...but as the author said " I don't think that's the finished cover art. "...I thought I'd comment.

It was a joke

What kind of book on the subject of Smiths/Moz do you people really want?

Be reasonable in your wish.

another day another moz book;)
another day another no :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: book:laughing:
Lepew must be green with envy🤢
he will probably 'commission' 👉👶👈
to write a book on the dumb :guitar:
riff

Are you making an assumption that this book covers The Smiths, & Morrissey as a solo artist?
I got the impression it was strictly Moz-solo.

Are you making an assumption that this book covers The Smiths, & Morrissey as a solo artist?
I got the impression it was strictly Moz-solo.

believe it is Moz only.

I was casting a wider net with my question of what folks really want in a book, since we already have several.

Saint Morrissey is, for me, the best Smiths/Morrissey related book. I’ve longed for something close for over twenty years.

Landscapes of the Mind occupies the other pole.

It might be interesting to see a book that focuses on the influence of morrissey on culture be it other bands and music interest to read or watch certain books or films clothing sexuality animal rights etc. That might be interesting to me to see someone trace all those lines of influence and where they converged with others

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom