Bono pays tribute to Morrissey during a U2 concert

Surface your a better man than this 4ekin eejit. You don't have to lick anyone's backside and me and you might not always agree with each other but I think we share a respect in some form. Just ignore the Irish Crank he talks shite and to prove he's talking shite I worked all over the place in a past job, they asked me if I would go to Belfast (they said I didn't have to if I didn't want to there was no pressure to make me go) Anyway I decided to go, I went three times in all and guess what ? I came back in one piece ! I never disappeared. I also met some lovely people they're not all like this loon.
One thing that sticks in my mind though was when we sailed into Belfast I went on deck and my first thoughts were what a dull dreary shit-hole with all its shades of black and grey.
My hotel was nice though it was called the Dunaddrie/Dunaddry or something.
Enjoy your week and turn the other cheek with this Irish Crank.

Benny-the-British-Butcher
Wow, they let street cleaners travel for work, at least they stuck you on the ferry so the council didn't have to pay your air-fare

ireland will soon be free, fear not.

ANON, the wind blows
The wind blows
Bits of your life away
Your friends all say
"Where is our boy? Oh, we've lost our boy"

But they should know
Where you've gone
Because again and again you've explained that
You're going to

Oh, going to
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Ireland for the Irish
Ireland for the Irish ;)

PS. 1/4 Irish

Bono and Morrissey both pale in comparison to Billy McKenzie. Bono fessed up to U2 pilfering The Associates but Morrissey alsowas in awe of the operatic singing sensation from Dundee.Like Morrissey, Bono constantly Art-Hound name-checks other artists to try and appropriate them into his aura.

Fcuk Bongo
Fcuk Mollisseey
RIP Billy

Best
_the AnarchicArchivist in Reykjavik

Bono and Morrissey both pale in comparison to Billy McKenzie. Bono fessed up to U2 pilfering The Associates but Morrissey alsowas in awe of the operatic singing sensation from Dundee.Like Morrissey, Bono constantly Art-Hound name-checks other artists to try and appropriate them into his aura.

Fcuk Bongo
Fcuk Mollisseey
RIP Billy

Best
_the AnarchicArchivist in Reykjavik

MacKenzie did indeed leave behind a great body of solo work (The Associates were crap though), but how much of it will be remembered the way Morrissey and The Smiths always wiil be..? The idea that referencing another artist equates to "trying to approprioate them into his aura" says more about your hysterical paranoia and bizarre vendetta than it does about every artist in any discipline throughout recorded history who has ever referenced or been influenced by peers or predecessors. Or was Billy MacKenzie trying to "appropriate" Bowie, Klaus Nomi and Russell Mael "into his aura" too...? Or is it acceptable when it's other artist, but unacceptable when it's Morrissey?

Fcuk Bummie
Fcuk Benny
RIP Trolls

Best
_signature intended to be witty, but isn't and just annoys people

Bunghole, Bonho, whatever, the point is that he acts like he's a big Morrissey fan and then acts like Morrissey is still doing this. I also said Morrissey concert, and I'm pretty sure if I clicked your link that is not what I'd see. It would be the old band, Jeff, Steve, and the guys.

the singer in this video from 1983 is morrissey, other guys are his fellows then, members of the smiths: johnny marr, andy rourke and mike joyce.

and you act like you came on this forum straight from planet mars!!

p,s. there is vast difference when morrissey mocks somebody's name and when it comes from some unknown uninspired internet troll (bunghole, bonho...)

ireland will soon be free, fear not.

Yes, indeed: current estimates are that, some time around 2042, the Republic of Ireland will no longer be up to its neck in debt to external, politically unaccountable institutions like the IMF and the European Central Bank. The Oirish people will then have greater economic and political sovereignty. Their day will, indeed, come - in about a quarter of a century.

Good luck 'til then.

MacKenzie did indeed leave behind a great body of solo work (The Associates were crap though), but how much of it will be remembered the way Morrissey and The Smiths always wiil be..? The idea that referencing another artist equates to "trying to approprioate them into his aura" says more about your hysterical paranoia and bizarre vendetta than it does about every artist in any discipline throughout recorded history who has ever referenced or been influenced by peers or predecessors. Or was Billy MacKenzie trying to "appropriate" Bowie, Klaus Nomi and Russell Mael "into his aura" too...? Or is it acceptable when it's other artist, but unacceptable when it's Morrissey?

Fcuk Bummie
Fcuk Benny
RIP Trolls

Best
_signature intended to be witty, but isn't and just annoys people

epicTROLLFail!

Morrissey fascinates as he's the ultimate trainspotter Art-Hound geek and a genuine talent and innovator. It's particularly amusing to be accused of a vendetta for saving Morrissey's soul from Crank-Fraud Corpsetarian-Cheesetarianism. Every day Morrissey bows before my silhouette in awe and gratitude. He knows I'm here in Reykjavik remixing 'Meat Is Murder-Mordor' in Sigur-Ros's old swimming pool studio. I was at Harpa earlier today and he should come here to help with REWILDING THE ICELANDIC DREAMTIME. That's a new BB song, from nowhere. It samples Billy McKenzie on 'Behind The Sun' with 'Dark Side Of The Moon' and whale songs mixed into 'Meat Is Murder-Mordor'. It works without those samples so it doesn't matter if Morrissey has a sissy fit. Johnny Marr and Jonsi are invited to add whale-guitar washes, but BB is a better guitarist than them so nay boder if they say no. Jimmy Page and Brian May will say YES! Deffo. Nobody will remember Morrissey. Or BB-but until the sun explodes, every sentient being will remember how BB gave birth to The Anointed One.

Best
-the Anarchic Archivist
in Mom's Basement or
in a luxury hotel in downtown. Reykjavik
no midnight sun-just all night Twilight...

Fcuk Morrissey
Fcuk Bono
Fcuk BrummieBoy
Fcuk Morrissey-Solo
Fcuk Anonymous 'Best-Troll-On-The-Payroll'

Morrissey-Inc vs BrummieBoy: What could POSSIBLY go wrong? LOL! *smirks+rollseyes*

Last edited:
Not the least bit fake. Completely genuine. Bono has openly praised Morrissey
On many occasions. He is definitely a real fan.

This!

You can hate on Bono all you want, but he does love Morrissey. He was even in "The Importance of Being Morrissey" if
my memory serves me correctly?

i don't hate bono. my impression on his image is that he's not sincere. but he wants people to believe he is. he failed in my eyes but it is not a sin. i'm not talking about his music but about his non-music 'activities'.

and why do you assume one has to lie about loving morrissey when morrissey is completely loveable.

but this clip from u2 concert reminds me of some 'cheap' move from one politician. this doesn't exclude the fact that bono genuinely loves morrissey.

p.s. i think u2 are o.k. band and bono is proper frontman but i found lack of charisma - kill me :D.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom