Bob Geldof mentions Morrissey in interview

In todays 'Guardian' there is a short interview with 'Sir' Bob Geldof. He is asked what he thinks of people who criticise Band Aid, specifically Morrissey who declared it "undiscussable". He replies "What Morrissey has to say about anything is redundant. He's a bit like me - he says things for effect."

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is Bob Geldof? :squiffy:

It doesn´t matter. What he says is redundant. He said so himself. M23

Bob Geldof is redundant! Morrissey has more truth in his little finger than Bob Geldof has in his whole body.

don't know why the hostility. morrissey does say things for effect. he is the last of the international provocateurs.

"don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Erm - “always pass on good advice..." :p

Whilst Morrissey uses words to thier fullest and most biting, he never says them purely for effect. There is always an underlying substance evident. Geldof wouldn't notice this because he is redundant.

The same person in response to the title MEAT IS MURDER said VEG IS TORTURE...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7fzKpPS71A

I am peeing my pants. I was looking for another clip and in the first that I look at Bono mirrors my stubbornly crossed arms. Yeah, this is how I was standing there and I was thinking "What? Am I supposed to be cheerful because a person dies every 3 seconds from hunger?"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufVvni7lhj0
Hard to believe that they are professional musicians. ;) Punks gone hippie, jippy.

In this f***ed up world it can be quite a relief to at least get a chance to stupidly stand around at a protest concert, well aware that it is a sad publicity opportunity for the people on stage. Had I stood around on my own however or sat at home totally frustratedly, nobody would have noticed.

And now let us all give those people a round of applause, the billionaires that got a mention in the forums for giving a way part of their fortune that they would not have if they had not made their fortune on the expense of others in the first place. It quite sad that in this world people are so superficial that they only see the money that is given away but not where it is coming from.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7fzKpPS71A

I am peeing my pants. I was looking for another clip and in the first that I look at Bono mirrors my stubbornly crossed arms. Yeah, this is how I was standing there and I was thinking "What? Am I supposed to be cheerful because a person dies every 3 seconds from hunger?"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufVvni7lhj0
Hard to believe that they are professional musicians. ;) Punks gone hippie, jippy.

In this f***ed up world it can be quite a relief to at least get a chance to stupidly stand around at a protest concert, well aware that it is a sad publicity opportunity for the people on stage. Had I stood around on my own however or sat at home totally frustratedly, nobody would have noticed.

And now let us all give those people a round of applause, the billionaires that got a mention in the forums for giving a way part of their fortune that they would not have if they had not made their fortune on the expense of others in the first place. It quite sad that in this world people are so superficial that they only see the money that is given away but not where it is coming from.

All excellent points. And that Bono clip is AWKward.

Did you see Sir Bob on The One Show (uk) touting his new album some weeks back? What a bag of banal shit.

Geldof's been redundant since 1985 and he never had anything to say before that!
the whole point of language is its effect so that point is puerile nonsense.
he cant accept that band aid failed, and continues to fail. a whole continent can't be sustained continually by a few insincere papstars.
feel free to ignore, its just for effect.

Geldof's been redundant since 1985 and he never had anything to say before that!
the whole point of language is its effect so that point is puerile nonsense.
he cant accept that band aid failed, and continues to fail. a whole continent can't be sustained continually by a few insincere papstars.
feel free to ignore, its just for effect.

Not quite. If a girl that is just leaving school and has never been to university makes a statement about whether or not Morrissey's lyrics would be better if he had been to university, her statement is for effect, because she does not know what she is talking about. If she had been university however and knew what she was talking about, there'd be at least a little substance to her statement. As long as she has not and does not really know what it means to have been to university, it is just effect, nothing more.

The problems of the continent was not solved and it was not sustained through Life Aid, but awareness was risen and a little money. They are for example still in urgent need for medical equimpment and every penny is something. But go on and spend it instead on the 100th version of Bona Drag, which is of course more important.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom