BMG's Korda Marshall on "Low In High School" first week sales

My apologies if this already was posted here or in another thread. I thought this was a nice little blurb on the LIHS first-week sales that BMG posted, complete with an accolade by Korda himself:

UK: Morrissey's Low In High School marks eleventh consecutive Top 10 UK album - BMG
BMG UK
24 Nov 2017

Morrissey’s latest album Low In High School, his first released through BMG, has landed at number five on the UK Album charts, marking his eleventh consecutive Top 10 album in the UK. The album also topped the Independent Album charts, Vinyl chart, and Cassette chart.

Released on November 17, Low In High School is Morrissey’s eleventh studio album and first since announcing a partnership with BMG on launching his new label Etienne Records.

Korda Marshall said, “This is an incredible result. It’s the first Morrissey album of his career to be released in the fourth quarter and not only he has shown he can compete in the busiest time of the year, he has exceeded first week sales of his last album. Morrissey is back in a big way.”

Leading up to the release of the album, Morrissey announced his first UK tour since 2015 and the Los Angeles City Council declared November 10 as “Morrissey Day” in LA.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me this new album is the weakest of his career! Maybe it’s just me but I don’t like it at all.
Alex

The article that BMG posted and the commentary of Konda they quoted do not really mention anything about the quality of the album.

The whole article is about how well is LIHS doing with the sales and the charts... and it is somehow a self-congratulatory article.
He's running a business. Massaging Morrissey's ego and providing in-depth critical appraisals are not his top priorities. This is the language of business, and he's saying he's happy with the album's performance. That's surely a positive.

"I Bury the Living" is groundbreaking in that Morrissey has the courage to break free from the bullshit, "thank you for your service" nonsense of the brainwashed masses. About time someone had the guts to say it lyrically.

I find it clunky, embarrassing and juvenile. It's the politics of a 15-year-old. Actually, my own 15-year old has more sophisticated views. I sometimes think whatever neurological disorder Morrissey suffers from (and it's pretty evident there is one) has stopped him maturing mentally.

When ISIS come calling, humasexuals like Morrissey will be first in line to be thrown off buildings and he might be glad we have an army.

I find it clunky, embarrassing and juvenile. It's the politics of a 15-year-old. Actually, my own 15-year old has more sophisticated views. I sometimes think whatever neurological disorder Morrissey suffers from (and it's pretty evident there is one) has stopped him maturing mentally.

When ISIS come calling, humasexuals like Morrissey will be first in line to be thrown off buildings and he might be glad we have an army.

The pampered prat

The pampered prat is also unaware that many wars are not fought by professional soldiers but ordinary human beings who have been ordered to invade another country and other ordinary people who have had to defend their own country from attackers. The argument that one could just say no to the state and refuse to fight is not that easy to accept, if one has a family and relatives. If a German soldier refused to fight for Hitler, he and his family would have been headed for the concentration camps. And if other soldiers didn't defend their country, we would be living under Nazism or Soviet power.

My grandfather defended Finland against Soviet attack in the Second World War. And yes, I do consider them heroes.

Thewlis, you do realise a troll isn't just someone who says things you don't like, don't you? If you disagree so strongly with me, why not reply? I'm here for open, intelligent debate, not just to throw insults and emoticons around. I'd be interested in your point of view.

Yes, Korda Marshall defends "his" artist by remaining purely factual, it is quite normal. He takes note of this first positive result as definitively recorded in the statistics of BMG and in the charts after mixed critics during the release of LIHS. And this simple observation means that despite all the polemics around the character of M. Morrissey, KM will continue to follow the evolution of LIHS with attention, accuracy and relevance without being shaken by public opinion.
The end is far for the poet despite everything that has been written here and everything that will be written here in the future. Korda Marshall is the right expert and a straight man for Mr. Morrissey. I wish them a very long partnership.

He's running a business. Massaging Morrissey's ego and providing in-depth critical appraisals are not his top priorities. This is the language of business, and he's saying he's happy with the album's performance. That's surely a positive.

Hey Peppermint, it's FANTASTIC news.

It's not just positive, it's the news that we have ALL been waiting WEEKS to hear. Basically because this means that there is ANOTHER ALBUM on the cards and for many of us - except the usual 3, who still dream of yesteryear and yesterdays - that's SUPERB ! In Soccer scores, that's BBB(et.al) & Moderators 0 Morrissey 4

Hazard
x

Thewlis, you do realise a troll isn't just someone who says things you don't like, don't you? If you disagree so strongly with me, why not reply? I'm here for open, intelligent debate, not just to throw insults and emoticons around. I'd be interested in your point of view.
You insult both Moz and your own son, there's no need for that here.
But you are right, 'redundant' probably is a better rating than 'troll'.

Listened to the album again today from start to finish while on a nice drive on the motorway and realised I like every song on it. Initially I was rating the first half far higher than the second half but I've come to appreciate it all. I followed it with Seventeen Seconds (deluxe edition) by The Cure, just to mix it up a little.
I really hope Moz does a second album with BMG and that the recent furore doesn't jeopardise that.

To the fans who aren’t blinded or are absolute retards we can see he is not getting better with age, if you really listen to his voice you can start to hear an old man voice to his singing, he doesn’t say things thats interesting all he ever talks about is the same old shit bitch and complain his interviews have pretty much been the same shit for last 10 years, and he gets quoted for saying some rather stupid and insensitive shit. f***s his stupid fans over with cancelations and sub standard products. How many times over there years that something that was really good that was going to come out only to have Morrissey block it because mwahhhhhhhhhh! He’s not getting any money from it or because it’s something someone else did that was better then he would eventually put out Hollywood bowl show on dvd canceled only to have Hollywood high come out years later. He f***s himself and he f***s his fans. It’s sad to see how far he’s fallen and how pitiful his career has gone.
I wouldn't mind some of his 'pitiful' career. What great things have you done?
If you think Moz sounds old then you might need a hearing aid.

YOU FORGOT THE LARGE COLOURED FONTS.

:thumb:

Ha, yes.
In his not too serious but failed ironic attempt at impersonating you he forgot that, obviously.

I must say that makes him more sympathetic to me. Am I wrong feeling that?

But now I feel almost confused.
Is that really you posting now Ket?

Can you prove it? :)
Where is the evidence? :squiffy:

Morrissey's worst album is still the best thing out this year .

All The Young People is a glimmer of genius

You insult both Moz and your own son, there's no need for that here.
But you are right, 'redundant' probably is a better rating than 'troll'.

So, you're angry with me because I have criticised Morrissey. Have you any idea how irrational that sounds?

I happen to think IBTL is an awful song with embarrassing lyrics which insult our armed forces. I think it shows not just a lack of judgement on Morrissey's part, but a lack of intelligence and humanity. You don't have to agree with me but I am entitled to this opinion. As for 'there's no need for that here', I'm afraid you don't get to decide what I am allowed to say as long as it's within the rules. As for insulting my son, I'm not quite sure how you've drawn that conclusion or why you feel the need to be personal.

As for the rest of my post, I do believe it is quite likely he has an AS disorder, which would explain a lot. And yes, the reality is we live in uncertain times and it is extraordinarily short-sighted to mock the soldiers who we may all come to depend on to keep us safe - even Morrissey.

Perhaps you could explain to me why my post is 'redundant' when I was simply replying to another poster who said they liked IBTL. Presumably their post is not redundant. Why is only one point of view valid? Are we only allowed to post things that you like? In the real world, there are people who have the misfortune to live under regimes that are run in a similar way, and we consider this abuse.

But if you really can't cope with reading views that don't align with the prepared script, you can always put me on ignore. Either that or consider moving to North Korea.

You are jumping to a lot of conclusions there. I don’t mind your dislike of the song at all. I dislike your assumption that Morrissey has some sort of disorder (haven’t we all, and who are you to judge or tell) and your insulting his intelligence and then remarking ‘even my son has more intelligent views’ thus also insulting him online.

All in all in very bad taste and therefore the redundant/troll-rating.

You are jumping to a lot of conclusions there. I don’t mind your dislike of the song at all. I dislike your assumption that Morrissey has some sort of disorder (haven’t we all, and who are you to judge or tell) and your insulting his intelligence and then remarking ‘even my son has more intelligent views’ thus also insulting him online.

All in all in very bad taste and therefore the redundant/troll-rating.

Actually, I have a lot of experience of these disorders. Several members of my family have Asperger's syndrome, and two have ADHD in addition. I have also had close friendships with two people with clinical narcissism. So I have spent a great deal of time, over many years, reading, researching and living with neurological disorders, and I see lots of similarities with Morrissey's character and behaviour. That's actually a sympathetic point of view. Many people look at his behaviour and simply say he's a knob. You must surely be aware of this. I'm saying, I think there are biological reasons why he's as he is.

I was saying that my 15 year old son has a more sophisticated world view than Morrissey. You keep insisting this is an insult to my son, which is rather funny, because it's like you're insisting that Morrissey is mentally deficient. And I'm fairly sure that's not what you mean.

Anyway, feel free to carry on being insulted/outraged/angry/offended/whatever. That's your prerogative. You see? That's how it works - respect for different points of view. Just don't try to tell me what I can and can't say.

Last edited:
Actually, I have a lot of experience of these disorders. Several members of my family have Asperger's syndrome, and two have ADHD in addition. I have also had close friendships with two people with clinical narcissism. So I have spent a great deal of time, over many years, reading, researching and living with neurological disorders, and I see lots of similarities with Morrissey's character and behaviour. That's actually a sympathetic point of view. Many people look at his behaviour and simply say he's a knob. You must surely be aware of this. I'm saying, I think there are biological reasons why he's as he is.

I was saying that my 15 year old son has a more sophisticated world view than Morrissey. You keep insisting this is an insult to my son, which is rather funny, because it's like you're insisting that Morrissey is mentally deficient. And I'm fairly sure that's not what you mean.

Anyway, feel free to carry on being insulted/outraged/angry/offended/whatever. That's your prerogative. You see? That's how it works - respect for different points of view. Just don't try to tell me what I can and can't say.

I've thought for a while Morrissey is a mild Aspie. His behaviours tend to stack up to it, speaking from experience of being surrounded by them and probably being one myself.

I tend to agree with his view on IBTL in terms of the use of our armed forces in later years which far more times that not have been used to the detriment of us all but at the same time you can't just do away with them. It's a complex subject but Morrissey has always been in favour of making a statement rather than delving into complexities.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom