BMG's Korda Marshall on "Low In High School" first week sales

My apologies if this already was posted here or in another thread. I thought this was a nice little blurb on the LIHS first-week sales that BMG posted, complete with an accolade by Korda himself:

UK: Morrissey's Low In High School marks eleventh consecutive Top 10 UK album - BMG
BMG UK
24 Nov 2017

Morrissey’s latest album Low In High School, his first released through BMG, has landed at number five on the UK Album charts, marking his eleventh consecutive Top 10 album in the UK. The album also topped the Independent Album charts, Vinyl chart, and Cassette chart.

Released on November 17, Low In High School is Morrissey’s eleventh studio album and first since announcing a partnership with BMG on launching his new label Etienne Records.

Korda Marshall said, “This is an incredible result. It’s the first Morrissey album of his career to be released in the fourth quarter and not only he has shown he can compete in the busiest time of the year, he has exceeded first week sales of his last album. Morrissey is back in a big way.”

Leading up to the release of the album, Morrissey announced his first UK tour since 2015 and the Los Angeles City Council declared November 10 as “Morrissey Day” in LA.

Last edited by a moderator:
The album is strong. Certainly not a classic compared to his back catalog and unfortunately, that is who he will forever be compared with. Low In High School stands on it's own as a good album. Not even the Stones continued making relevant records into their late 50's, so Moz should be proud. Elvis died at age 42, so some perspective for the malcontents.

My Love.... A-
When you open your legs... A-
Home is a question mark B
I wish you lonely.... B-
Spent the day in bed B-
All the young people... C-
Who will protect us C-

Everything else? Complete crap.

Just one man's opinion.

"I Bury the Living" is groundbreaking in that Morrissey has the courage to break free from the bullshit, "thank you for your service" nonsense of the brainwashed masses. About time someone had the guts to say it lyrically.

My Love.... A-
When you open your legs... A-
Home is a question mark B
I wish you lonely.... B-
Spent the day in bed B-
All the young people... C-
Who will protect us C-

Everything else? Complete crap.

Just one man's opinion.
Cannot stand Spent The Day In Bed or I Wish You Lonely, ironically.

Cannot stand Spent The Day In Bed or I Wish You Lonely, ironically.

I felt the exact same about Spent the Day in Bed when it first came out. I thought it was possibly the worst song he had ever done and that he was completely finished as a lyricist. But, alas, it grew on me a bit. I still think its got several horrendous lyrics, but it does have a certain charm to it and has a few good hooks.

I reckon me wish the album would of been called "Low in Hogwarts Polytechnic United" instead of a classic American term like "High School".

Your right its like two albums,if they were in different order I think it makes it a different record.first five are classic Morrissey, then three slow, next two are back to Morrissey and then Israel.theres too much of a lull in the middle,i think if the political songs are spaced out correctly it wouldn't seem as if you were being battered over the head by the arab spring.why doesn't everyone do a bit of jiggery pokery and see what results we come up with.
I agree theirs a mix of musical styles, and a lull, but, I have the LP and the change occurs at the end of side A, so flip the record and side B starts a new theme, seems the album in that respect as been built around the LP format. Overall I think its a top notch record, 9/10

The album is strong. Certainly not a classic compared to his back catalog and unfortunately, that is who he will forever be compared with. Low In High School stands on it's own as a good album. Not even the Stones continued making relevant records into their late 50's, so Moz should be proud. Elvis died at age 42, so some perspective for the malcontents.
The album is weak. Total rubbish, really. ...but yeah... The Stones are an excellent example. Like Morrissey, they should have quit and spared us all the bullshit over 30 years ago. ...dropping Elvis in the same breathe? Get a tiny grip, shooter.

Only “regulular jack-ass” in this dialogue is you, son.

LIHS is one of the best albums he has ever done; a definite 10/10 for me. Perfection! And he hever says anything dumb! Everything out of his mouth is gospel! I bought 80 copies! Der Spiegal lies! Italian Police lie! If it didn't come out of his mouth he didn't say it!

:rock::lbf::rolleyes:

Guess who I am pretending to be!

A hater pretending to be smart, funny and ironic. And not achieving it, of course.

LIHS is one of the best albums he has ever done; a definite 10/10 for me. Perfection! And he hever says anything dumb! Everything out of his mouth is gospel! I bought 80 copies! Der Spiegal lies! Italian Police lie! If it didn't come out of his mouth he didn't say it!

Kevin Spacey,

The album is weak. Total rubbish, really. ...but yeah... The Stones are an excellent example. Like Morrissey, they should have quit and spared us all the bullshit over 30 years ago. ...dropping Elvis in the same breathe? Get a tiny grip, shooter.

Only “regulular jack-ass” in this dialogue is you, son.
Shooter! :gun::rofl:

You forgot the large coloured fonts.

Ye are pretending to be a bright, beautiful, shining light.
A wise and loving Sun.

TurdPolish.jpg

The article that BMG posted and the commentary of Konda they quoted do not really mention anything about the quality of the album.

The whole article is about how well is LIHS doing with the sales and the charts... and it is somehow a self-congratulatory article.

The article that BMG posted and the commentary of Konda they quoted do not really mention anything about the quality of the album.

The whole article is about how well is LIHS doing with the sales and the charts... and it is somehow a self-congratulatory article.
did they not say months ago its his best in twenty years,long before it came out.

I agree theirs a mix of musical styles, and a lull, but, I have the LP and the change occurs at the end of side A, so flip the record and side B starts a new theme, seems the album in that respect as been built around the LP format. Overall I think its a top notch record, 9/10

This artistic concept of LIHS (A-side / B-side) is totally unknown to underdeveloped peasants who whine 24/7 on M-SoLow.

did they not say months ago its his best in twenty years,long before it came out.

It is the label releasing the album... so of course they are going to say that it is his best album, that it's a must-have. I am sure that BMG did not become a big label by giving bad reviews to their own products/releases.

I like LIHS... I simply meant that a review by BMG is not exactly a review.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom