BMG have decided against releasing 'It's Over' as a single - Morrissey Central

Is it over with BMG?

1. October: BMG axed the It´s over single!

Update. - Morrissey Central

BMG have decided against releasing 'It's Over' as a single.

Morrissey has described BMG's decision as "heartbreaking."

Morrissey is presently on tour in the USA, and describes the audiences as "fantastic … and full of hope… at an urgent time when most modern music cannot provide one genuine insight."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it over with BMG?

Morrissey is presently on tour in the USA, and describes the audiences as "fantastic … and full of hope… at an urgent time when most modern music cannot provide one genuine insight."

Related item:
I'm sure it's disappointing for Morrissey when all these songs are so personal to him. At this point long after the albums release, a single probably wouldn't garner much additional interest The tour is doing that and as somebody pointed out most artists make the revenue from touring and merchandise these days.
I dont think it signifies any change in Morrissey's relationship with BMG, it probably didn't make business sense to release another single from this album with a new album coming out in the new year.
And the comment about BMG being annoyed over Houstons "cancellation" and insurance costs - it was postponed. it's the venues call if its location and the weather left it unsuitable.
As someone who likes records and collecting the physical music, Morrissey probably feels it from that point of view, and it would have been another one for the fans collection.
I'm glad for him that his tour is going well. People are lucky who get to be there.

Well, I wonder if Morrissey is being difficult with his demands to BMG and they had enough of him. Also, let's face it, they probably won't make too much money, as vinyl singles don't sell that much. He could release it himself as a limited edition and sell it through M-Porium.
It makes me also think, how easy or difficult it will be for him to find a record company for his next album. Let's face it, his toxic comments have not been helping him.

It's crunch time Steve. Your fanbase has been decimated by over 60% in the UK and a considerable amount elsewhere due to your idiotic and ill-thought out support for unambiguously right wing politicians and parties. They want to slash taxes for the rich, deny the existence of a climate emergency, and increase funds for military expenditure. All of these things are directly against everything you've ever stood for, yet you have been duped into supporting it by your fascination with a vegan, lesbian feminist. To rescue your reputation and prospects of a continuing recording career, simply and unambiguously retract your support for these f***ers. Otherwise, it's over.
60%?
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics".

It's crunch time Steve (says who? some retard in Bradford?).

Your fanbase has been decimated by over 60% in the UK (hmm some evidence required here I think) and a considerable (I've no idea if this is true but I'll throw it in anyway just to make my post have more credibility) amount (a finger in the wind 'guess', seemingly...without real data, this is just an opinion)

They want to slash taxes for the rich (Tories), deny the existence of a climate emergency (Trump), and increase funds for military expenditure (Trump & Tories - are these now considered right wing? f***, I think I'll switch allegiance to For Britain now then).

To rescue your reputation (in my eyes, because deep down I do still love you, & visit your site everyday, even very early in the morning, to see if you have sent me, or my other aliases, a private message) and prospects of a continuing recording career (I sense some knowing & industry-based, credible, advice approaching...), simply and unambiguously retract your support for these f***ers. (Awww, there was no real knowing, industry-based, & credible advice afterall, just 'chemical punnage'...otherwise known as shit...pity).

Otherwise, it's over. (Please don't mention 'It's Over'...bit of a sore point as of this morning apparently)

Just some comments against yrs, skiddy.

If bmg has a 360 deal then they’re making enough money off of morrissey with his N.Y. dates and his us tours. After there comment on ticket sales I think he’s fine. I’m not heartbroken this isn’t coming out. My third least fav track from the album many months after the albums release I just can’t get to excited. It’s not my fav song in general and just to on the nose to arouse
much interest from me. Wonder what’ll happen to the Buckley cover though. Maybe save it. Honestly though he’d make a bigger impact in terms of
singles sales off he took songs like blue dreamers eyes and released them as one off vinyl singles later to be resold as a comp album. Probably not the songs that say what he wants to at the moment but that’s a better sales strategy

A whole load of butthurt on this thread. I wonder who is to blame for the dwindling audiences, lower ticket sales and protests at gigs? Who was it who said all those things that precipitated these occurrences? Was it someone else? Let me help you out - there is one person and one person only responsible for all of this. I told you all months ago that the moment his comments started hitting him where it hurts - his wallet - then he would start to take notice. And not only him - his record company. Who on earth would have thought that bigoted statements would stop th public parting with their money, eh? Remarkable.

Is it over with BMG?

Related item:

Oh the horror

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait BMG isn't going to release a single of a cover from a covers album he did six months ago? Morrissey's career is over. It's all in the name of the song!

A whole load of butthurt on this thread. I wonder who is to blame for the dwindling audiences, lower ticket sales and protests at gigs? Who was it who said all those things that precipitated these occurrences? Was it someone else? Let me help you out - there is one person and one person only responsible for all of this. I told you all months ago that the moment his comments started hitting him where it hurts - his wallet - then he would start to take notice. And not only him - his record company. Who on earth would have thought that bigoted statements would stop th public parting with their money, eh? Remarkable.
Says Lord Butthurt.

Wtf is 'butthurt', some Bratford colloquialism? Skiddy, just get a grip.
Why are you concerned about all this? Psychotic. Just been reading about you on 'Psychology Today'...complete nutjob was my conclusion.

Wait BMG isn't going to release a single of a cover from a covers album he did six months ago? Morrissey's career is over. It's all in the name of the song!

It's not that his career is over because of that, it's that now he'll probably start acting like a brat because he didn't get what he wanted - a la Harvest - and that could bring the BMG relationship to a sour conclusion.

I agree with @SheilaSmith - there probably aren't a ton of major label options left for him at this stage should this go south. For the most part, BMG seems like a perfect setup for him.

It's crunch time Steve. Your fanbase has been decimated by over 60% in the UK and a considerable amount elsewhere due to your idiotic and ill-thought out support for unambiguously right wing politicians and parties. They want to slash taxes for the rich, deny the existence of a climate emergency, and increase funds for military expenditure. All of these things are directly against everything you've ever stood for, yet you have been duped into supporting it by your fascination with a vegan, lesbian feminist. To rescue your reputation and prospects of a continuing recording career, simply and unambiguously retract your support for these f***ers. Otherwise, it's over.
Fake news!

He does have work..............................fighting Nazi's.

Yep, he's on Call Of Duty WWII day and night fighting nazis.

“Protests at gigs” lol

No one wants your opinion skinny, no one but your minions. You like it here, don’t you? You remind me the guy in the 12 angry men. The old man who spreads fake news for attention. Sad.

upload_2019-10-1_15-44-57.jpeg

One person with a Bigmouth placard does not constitute "protests". People are still parting with their money and enjoying the current tour. Sorry if reality doesn't fit with your wishful thinking.
Did you not have a plan for when you retired? Is trolling Morrissey it under the guise of fighting fascism?
What you are doing is in itself fascism. Sad.

The start of the end with BMG one fears. I really couldn’t see the song doing anything chart wise, it is though a belta of a song, he hasn’t sung it live yet as it would be to difficult to tackle live

None of these arguments matter. What matters is Morrissey's bank account. And he's going to start feeling it. The public are not buying his wares as much as they used to. A lot of folk are dismayed by his admiration of bigots and racists and his many, many baffling right wing comments. Will he own his mistakes? Will he f***. It will always be someone else's fault.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom