Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:
Give the faceberg a call and sing away to your hearts content. If that don't do it, call pink floyd and start a riot as you sing the mob into a Crack frenzy.

¡Cayate imbecil acosador! ¡Fuera! ¡Fuera!
Andate a la mierda de donde sos!!!! es la ultima vez que respondo,
CHE ANDATE AL CARAJO NO PIERDO MAS TIEMPO EN SIOMES ,ALCAUCIL RAJA DE AQUI,MOCASIN DE 4 CUARTA JAJAAAA💣🔪🔪🚀🚀🚀🚀
S I O M E 100 % SI NO ENTENDES BUSCALO TODOS ELOGIOS CHAU

Y exactamente lo que ofrece ... ¿qué?
Ahora háganos un favor a todos, ya que ha sido un día largo ... 4Jódete, lávate todos los calcetines y pon a tu Thomas, el motor del tanque, Jim se atasca, y aleja a los bailarines ...
ESAA!!!!!!

Well, I don't. I'm not cool enough I suppose.

I don't really listen to their new stuff (although I've heard that some of it is good) but I still give Boy or War or Achtung Baby or How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb the occasional spin.

Girl, you're the coolest.

Knowledgeable, kind, generous, patient...

I'm grateful for you.

Girl, you're the coolest.

Knowledgeable, kind, generous, patient...

I'm grateful for you.
That's very nice of you, thanks.

I'm pretty sure that nobody who knows me personally would describe me as patient though 😅

Not sure if this has been posted.
Still showing for myself.
I think how their site updates is broken as there's been posts since that - their main URL doesn't link to them or show them as the latest articles.
Regards,
FWD.

Still showing for myself.
I think how their site updates is broken as there's been posts since that - their main URL doesn't link to them or show them as the latest articles.
Regards,
FWD.
For me the "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" post is still the most recent post showing up on the page.
I don't see the Federalist post or the Dodwell article on any of my devices unless I use a direct link.

For me the "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" post is still the most recent post showing up on the page.
I don't see the Federalist post or the Dodwell article on any of my devices unless I use a direct link.
No, something not right on Central. I've tried it on 2 browsers; if I click messages, then I get 'Elizabeth's birthday', but then if I click to page 2, then back to page 1, the 'Dump' post appears.

Just out of interest, can you check how your browser saves their main site url and if at the end of
www....messagesfrommorrissey...
There is no / - then add one and you should see a difference.
Or try here:
No forward slash:
Forward slash added:

They both yield different results for me.
Regards,
FWD.

No, something not right on Central. I've tried it on 2 browsers; if I click messages, then I get 'Elizabeth's birthday', but then if I click to page 2, then back to page 1, the 'Dump' post appears.
Yes, it has happened many times before but a different browser usually does the trick for me. This time it's the same issue with 3 different browsers and on mobile, desktop and tablet.

Well, what can you do. I bet Sam would like to fix it but he doesn't know how 💀

Yes, it has happened many times before but a different browser usually does the trick for me. This time it's the same issue with 3 different browsers and on mobile, desktop and tablet.

Well, what can you do. I bet Sam would like to fix it but he doesn't know how 💀
I suspect BMG have done a u-turn and an update to central is in progress. :cool:

Just out of interest, can you check how your browser saves their main site url and if at the end of
www....messagesfrommorrissey...
There is no / - then add one and you should see a difference.
Or try here:
No forward slash:
Forward slash added:

They both yield different results for me.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, forward slash at the end does the trick. No forward slash results in the Dump post.

It happens all the time!

Sometimes I'm glad the posts are hidden.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom