Billie Joe Armstrong on recording with Morrissey

In an interview promoting Green Day's new album "Father of All Motherf***ers"...

full

Article here... https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...knroll-helps-you-dance-through-the-apocalypse

Excerpt:

This year the band will turn 34. No punk band has made it this far. The Sex Pistols lasted three years, the Clash 10, the Ramones 22. Green Day are writing the blueprint while living it, so it is no surprise that they have sometimes made mistakes. Last year Armstrong duetted with Morrissey on his covers album California Son – a terrible look in the wake of Morrissey’s vocal support for far-right organisations and individuals.

“I wasn’t aware until the song came out,” says Armstrong. “We do the song, and he was very lovely, and then the song comes out and a lot of Brits were like: what the hell are you doing? I really did not have a clue … ” Bewitched by the singer’s status as an 80s indie godhead, he simply failed in his due diligence. Cool pipes up, giggling: “Hey, we’ve all got our Ted Nugents, right?” – a reference to the US rocker and gun enthusiast.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Steve Jones would have joined Morrissey on this record and been more appropriate.
I wonder if M asked him. I wish Morrissey could just do Jonesys Jukebox. Its in LA.
I'm burned by this Billy Jean. Not worthy.

will you ever stop. Seriously you’re a draining wee c***
I thought you’d straightened your self out !!! Jam eaterAKA boy86... have you fallen off the wagon, little joe in the snow, with your Mexican mud..... such a silly boy..

“We wanted to try to bring people together. It’s become something of a far-out concept to love each other!”
says Tré Cool.

You could almost say love is on its way out.

still driving empty ice cream vans around Carlisle, looking for dates?

can you imagine the type of gaff grubby Baz lives in. Defo reckon he’s got a bulldog tattoo
If he turns up in Leeds, 100% nailed on he’s in the middle, sweating and stinking with his shirt off.

Another busy morning for the resident lunatic...

The lunatic is on the grass.
Lunatic is correct.
Still remember him in Bradford, laughing out loud like a hyena. Week or two later he wouldn’t come to Ireland as he was too scared.

still driving empty ice cream vans around Carlisle, looking for dates?
Is that it... and your telling folks to up their game!!!!!you got your cheap cider put away for when you waken at 5am!!! Seem to mention quite often about children??? I’m off to Leeds soon to suck mozzers dick.. I won’t be wearing my usual smiths or moz t shirt..... oh no , I’ve got a special one made .... it’s has Carlislebaz on the front and back... every one welcome to come over for a chat or to confront, human to human... 86 won’t be going as he can’t afford it.... doesn’t get his UC until the following Monday.... has gas and lekky to folk out for .... and his cheap cider and Mexican mud.... this is how you up your game... WHITEHAVEN SON..

I don't trust that he wasn't aware. It's all a show apparently.
Yea, a real Stiv Bators. Not. Put on another musical.

I think I speak for everyone, when I say... :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::barf::barf::barf::barf:
Oh dear ... now relying on those imoji do dhas..... bed time son... no crack left to give me, I’m quite surprised you replied as you’ve blanked me for weeks...

Is that it... and your telling folks to up their game!!!!!you got your cheap cider put away for when you waken at 5am!!! Seem to mention quite often about children??? I’m off to Leeds soon to suck mozzers dick.. I won’t be wearing my usual smiths or moz t shirt..... oh no , I’ve got a special one made .... it’s has Carlislebaz on the front and back... every one welcome to come over for a chat or to confront, human to human... 86 won’t be going as he can’t afford it.... doesn’t get his UC until the following Monday.... has gas and lekky to folk out for .... and his cheap cider and Mexican mud.... this is how you up your game... WHITEHAVEN SON..

Baz. You’re a peasant. I bet your gaff stinks of wet dogs. A dreadful human.

Well it's the guardian saying it's a terrible look, not Armstrong. Armstrong is "Quoted" saying -

“We do the song, and he was very lovely, and then the song comes out and a lot of Brits were like: what the hell are you doing? I really did not have a clue … ”

So basically he's aware people are upset he sang with Morrissey. So what? Doesn't really sound like he gives a shit. It's the band member "The Cool" who chimes in with the slur comparing Morrissey to Ted Nugent. What are the chances someone who calls himself "The Cool" is a tool?
Yet another crock of shit squeezed out by a paper that ironically is used to clean up said shit.

Well it's the guardian saying it's a terrible look, not Armstrong. Armstrong is "Quoted" saying -

“We do the song, and he was very lovely, and then the song comes out and a lot of Brits were like: what the hell are you doing? I really did not have a clue … ”

So basically he's aware people are upset he sang with Morrissey. So what? Doesn't really sound like he gives a shit. It's the band member "The Cool" who chimes in with the slur comparing Morrissey to Ted Nugent. What are the chances someone who calls himself "The Cool" is a tool?
Yet another crock of shit squeezed out by a paper that ironically is used to clean up said shit.
His name is Tre Cool, not The Cool. Can’t you read?

His name is Tre Cool, not The Cool. Can’t you read?
Well don't I feel like an idiot getting this tool's name incorrect when all along it was even more pretentious than I thought. Thanks for the correction. You're reaffirmed my point.

Last edited:
Having read the Guardian for over 35 years, I can assure you that they didn't "make 'em up." Why is it so difficult for people like you to accept the fact that many people dislike Morrissey's espousal of a far-right political party?
you say it like that's a badge of honour,HAVING READ THE GUARDIAN FOR 35 YEARS,a newspaper which doesn't print lies doesn't exist and you know it.

you say it like that's a badge of honour,HAVING READ THE GUARDIAN FOR 35 YEARS,a newspaper which doesn't print lies doesn't exist and you know it.

Someone needs to inform The Guardian's corrections and clarifications editor that there is NEVER anything to correct or clarify.

And their spelling and grammar is impeccable.

And a hack's opinions are never used to distort quotes.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom