Best Smiths Video Documentaries?

manboynyc

Can any hardcore Smiths or Morrissey fans recommend a few best video documentaries? Particularly on The Smiths..the creation of the band, backstory on Morrissey and Marr before the band came together, etc. I know there are a few on youtube.com but they're kind of short under a half-hour and coddled from various TV profiles. Has anyone done a proper full length feature documentary? Like at least an hour or so?

Also would love a recommendation on the top biographic books on The Smiths.

I see Tony Fletcher just came out with this in September this year (2012)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/sep/06/light-smiths-tony-fletcher-review

The only proper documentary really is "The South Bank Show" which was screened on UK tv not long after they split. Try smithtorrents.co.uk for that. Apart from that there are a few cobbeled together efforts on dvd which will be available on Amazon etc but their not great There is of course the dvd "Inside the Smiths" which is ok and is an account from the perspective of Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce.
Bookwise, the latest one by Tony Fletcher is good and also "Mozipedia" by Simon Goddard. Obviously personal prefrences but they are quite good quality compared with a lot of things that are out there. I hope this has helped.Cheers.

Tags
documentaries
Back
Top Bottom