Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Greatest Hits

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Swords

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Very Best Of

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
swords is fantastic.go back to that every few months and it still feels as good as when I first heard it.

swords is fantastic.go back to that every few months and it still feels as good as when I first heard it.

It's the album I wish tormentors and refusal were. Refusal had some great moments but swords feels so much more like a morrissey album to me. I think it telling he still performs songs from that album over songs from either of the other two. I was a bit nervous until world peace up the ante back to the level I expect

I still consider bona to be a studio album (even without suedehead and everyday, it still makes for a great record) so i gotta go with MEBY, so many good tracks on that one.

I still consider bona to be a studio album (even without suedehead and everyday, it still makes for a great record) so i gotta go with MEBY, so many good tracks on that one.

Got to agree with that. It's got some really good ones. I think some of the issue is that some repeat on other non studio albums. Some of my fav solo songs on there though and of course Jack the Ripper is still going strong live

Got to agree with that. It's got some really good ones. I think some of the issue is that some repeat on other non studio albums. Some of my fav solo songs on there though and of course Jack the Ripper is still going strong live

The issue really is that it's a compilation of songs recorded over a four year period with different songwriters, different musicians and different producers. Why anyone considers it to be a studio album in the first place is absolutely bonkers.

The issue really is that it's a compilation of songs recorded over a four year period with different songwriters, different musicians and different producers. Why anyone considers it to be a studio album in the first place is absolutely bonkers.

Well half of it was an aborted studio album and the rest were new songs to many people myself included. It's not really a b sides album and yet it is in part but only to a few people who got those singles which weren't released everywhere so it's easy to just think of them as all new songs. Especially when a song from the aborted studio album session is considered one of his all time best. a lot of people that are fans became so long after it was released and don't look at the song writers or even care as it still gels as an album to many just based on the song lists quality. His current line up has three different song writers and world peace was great so I don't think the numbers matter much. Also just to be clear only the first sentence of my reply is about bona drag while the rest was in regards to the other comp album mentioned. In the end it's probably just about how much the albums loved before people get the story about its creation that lets people consider it as a morrissey studio album. I bought and listened to it for a while before I really knew anything about him and that was what happened in my case

well, I have all the singles already, so...'Beethoven'.

It's not really a b sides album and yet it is in part but only to a few people who got those singles which weren't released everywhere so it's easy to just think of them as all new songs.

It's a singles collection (A + B sides), hence the inclusion of 'Suedehead' and 'Everyday is Like Sunday'. Every single track on the album had already been previously released when it came out (the only 'new' thing about it was they cut the end off of 'Will Never Marry'). I do understand that new fans who weren't around at the time will not get that, and it does sound pretty cohesive - despite the differing producers and band line-ups. There are probably just as many casual Smiths fans who think 'Hatful of Hollow' is a proper studio album, rather than a compilation!

So many compilation albums in Morrissey's back catalogue must be very confusing for new listeners. What we really need is a new album compiling the best of the compilations all together in one handy package. How about "The Best of the Very Best of the World of Morrissey's Best Greatest Hits, Live." I think that would make a good title.

It's a singles collection (A + B sides), hence the inclusion of 'Suedehead' and 'Everyday is Like Sunday'. Every single track on the album had already been previously released when it came out (the only 'new' thing about it was they cut the end off of 'Will Never Marry'). I do understand that new fans who weren't around at the time will not get that, and it does sound pretty cohesive - despite the differing producers and band line-ups. There are probably just as many casual Smiths fans who think 'Hatful of Hollow' is a proper studio album, rather than a compilation!

Part of them were still recorded with a new album being the intent and that matters in the minds of those believers that it feels like an album. Same with the first mcalmont and butler album even though it's the two singles and besides scraped together after they split the first time. People here aren't really as familiar with the idea of non album singles either so when they here a bunch of singles not in an album except for bona drag and they love the comp they're gonna justify thinking about it as a real album by saying well part of it was intended to be etc. personally my generation is t really familiar with the idea of buying singles at all as they didn't really even exist in stores by the time I was buying cds. hollow I think is not thought of this way probably because it repeats to many songs from the debut to ignore and so many think of it as an alternative debut instead

Looks like Bona Drag is gonna win the poll quite easily but what will get 2nd, Beethoven Was Deaf or Swords or something else?

Back
Top Bottom