Balls.IE: "How Robbie Keane Found Out He's Cousins With Morrissey" (August 11, 2020)

how-robbie-keane-found-out-he-s-cousins-with-morrissey.jpg

"It was seven years ago that Robbie Keane discovered he's related to Morrissey, the frontman of The Smiths.

The two are cousins, a fact Keane's mother had forgotten to tell her son.

"You can see the resemblance - he's the image of my uncle," Keane told BT Sport before recounting how found out about his connection with the famous singer.

"I was in L.A. and I was in a shop. You might remember Dougie Freedman who used to play with Crystal Palace.

"One of his friends was in the shop. He said 'Ah, listen, my name is Liam and I'm best friends with Dougie Freedman and I look after Morrissey.

"He said he really wants to meet you. I said, 'Oh, really?' He said, 'Yeah, yeah, he's a cousin of yours'. I said, 'Is he?' I hadn't a clue.

"I rang my mother and asked, 'Am I cousins with Morrissey?' She says 'Yeah, my mother's mother and his mother as sisters'. I said, 'You only took 20-odd years to tell us that Morrissey is our cousin?' She goes, 'Ah, I forgot'.""

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe they cropped out his fabulous hair in that picture. That was some marvellous pompadour...
Eb2V9KNWoAIc1Mg.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom