Bad xmas pressies thread!

hatfull

HIM-full
I hope nobody things I'm ungreatful. I appreciate it's hard to get presents for people at this time of year, I'm sure I've got people some bad ones before, but while most of the stuff I've recieved had been lovely (necklace from mum, money, part of a camera etc) I've had one or two things that are just beyond insulting! C'mon, fess up, I can't be the only ungreatful sod on solo! ;)

There was a vomit inducing tea towel with a poem about cats so neausiating I refuse to have it in my flat, a really bad morrissey portrait, and, my favourite, a present from my dad, which, when he realised my uncle had got him the same thing, he crossed my brothers name off the tag and put mine on :mad:

Pj's that clearly are made for a 10 year old for me (from my gran)
boxer shorts that would prob fit Dylan for the shbf (from my gran) it is nice that she thinks we are skinny things but we really are not. :p
haha! That's quite sweet. Oh, there was also a sickening kitten calender that my nan got as a free gift from somewhere and palmed off on me!

A gift card to TGI Fridays from my boyfriends mother (what a vile place), a nail file in my stocking from my boyfriend's mother (the sound of nails being filed makes me feel like dying), and a hidious shirt from my grandfather that was the exact same that he gave my mom, aunt, and cousin hahaha.

I appriciate the thought of the gifts of course and said thank you, but the gifts themselves won't be used at all I'm affriad.

But Hatful- a tea towl with a poem about cats is so horrible its almost funny! :eek:

haha! That's quite sweet. Oh, there was also a sickening kitten calender that my nan got as a free gift from somewhere and palmed off on me!

heheh I must say, I got pretty much lovely things this year. Another of my grans xmas pressies one year was a little foot stool for Dylan and a huge kitchen style wall clock again for Dylan. I know we were all going wow, that is an odd gift for a little boy.
However that sounds terrible, she is such an amazing woman, always gives us money for him, and makes up lots of little gifts as well. Just has a habit of popping in a few little odd things as well.

A gift card to TGI Fridays from my boyfriends mother (what a vile place), a nail file in my stocking from my boyfriend's mother (the sound of nails being filed makes me feel like dying), and a hidious shirt from my grandfather that was the exact same that he gave my mom, aunt, and cousin hahaha.

I appriciate the thought of the gifts of course and said thank you, but the gifts themselves won't be used at all I'm affriad.

But Hatful- a tea towl with a poem about cats is so horrible its almost funny! :eek:
yeah, normally it would have been, but this was just AWFUL...I can't find it on line, and it's gone to oxfam already!

LOL! :D I don't think you can beat my grandmother on that.

About 15 years ago she bought me a bag of Always sanitary towels (I'm not kidding). I remember saying to my Mum: "What is she going to get me next year? Toilet paper????".:eek:
Then I got pjs from the same grandma which, judging by the colour, were made for men. And when I opened them, I discovered that they really were. So I gave them to my dad. :D

heheh I must say, I got pretty much lovely things this year. Another of my grans xmas pressies one year was a little foot stool for Dylan and a huge kitchen style wall clock again for Dylan. I know we were all going wow, that is an odd gift for a little boy.
However that sounds terrible, she is such an amazing woman, always gives us money for him, and makes up lots of little gifts as well. Just has a habit of popping in a few little odd things as well.
awwwwwwwwwwwww! I feel mean bitching (well, except for the one from my dad, that is unacceptable, why he didn't just return it I don't know, he has the reciept etc)

About 15 years ago she bought me a bag of Always sanitary towels (I'm not kidding). I remember saying to my Mum: "What is she going to get me next year? Toilet paper????".:eek:
Then I got pjs from the same grandma which, judging by the colour, were made for men. And when I opened them, I discovered that they really were. So I gave them to my dad. :D
god. My senile gran tried to give me an old biscuit, but my mum stopped her!

god. My senile gran tried to give me an old biscuit, but my mum stopped her!

:p Awww, poor thing.
Grannies are fun, aren't they. My hubby once got a bottle of after shave lotion from his granny, and when he used it, it burnt his skin like hell. :eek: Then he read the label and discovered that it was meant for ladies' legs.... :D

By the way, my grandma is not senile, she just doesn't have any excuse.

*giggles* grans are brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom