Back On The Chain Gang - Morrissey Central; Recorded in LA, musicians credited, Chiccarelli produced

Solomon Walker playing bass on BOTCG
And Roger Manning on keyboards...

Back On The Chain Gang - Morrissey Central
April 2, 2018

42719_back_on_the_chain_gang.png

Morrissey has concluded recording at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles for Back On The Chain Gang. The song was written by Chrissie Hynde and was released by The Pretenders in 1982 when it reached number 17 in the UK, and number 5 in the USA.Joe Chiccarelli has produced Morrissey’s Back On The Chain Gang, and the musicians are: Jesse Tobias (guitars), Solomon Walker (bass), Matthew Walker (drums), with Roger Manning on keyboards.Morrissey is hoping for a summer release for the single.
Morrissey is presently number 1 with My Love, I’d Do Anything For You, and number 4 with Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage in the UK vinyl singles chart.

Posted by Famous when dead:

Source appears to be an uncredited war time picture:

42720_back_on_the_chain_gang_original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really not clever, calling a child ugly. Slag the others off as much as you think fit, but leave the kid alone - it's just nasty and unnecessary.

Totally agree. What's in the mind and the soul of a person who acts in this way with a child? Creepy.

yunno, i would've sworn this could have been a left over from the YOR session, seeing as the musicians nearly line up. But no, the Solomon Walker mystery continues to linger on.

I prefer the story about him getting the boot for being caught eating a burger.

I had forgotten the burger version! :lbf:
But Im more inclined to believe the punch thing .

The image and orange font is perfect. Don’t listen to anyone Evs :thumb:

I Go To Sleep was a single, and a bigger hit than Chain Gang.
I was wrong then when I said "I Go To Sleep" it wasn't a single but I never heard it on the radio in the US. It reached 7 in UK and 9 in NZ but has been included in a couple of movie soundtracks so it's probably more well known than I thought.

"Back on the Chain Gang" entered the Billboard charts in early October 1982,[2] then reached no. 5 on the Hot 100 becoming the band's biggest hit in the U.S. It also got as high as no. 4 on Billboard's Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart and no. 17 on the UK Singles Chart. The single's flip side, "My City Was Gone", later became a substantial hit in the U.S. with lyrics about Ohio.​

Really not clever, calling a child ugly. Slag the others off as much as you think fit, but leave the kid alone - it's just nasty and unnecessary.

Nasty and unnecessary, just like the LIHS cover of course. This kid was not chosen from a model agency right. Who had the idea?

I had forgotten the burger version! :lbf:
But Im more inclined to believe the punch thing .

Who talked about tensions before the mexican TV appeance? Any links ? By the way the sacking of Mzndo and Gustavo is good news...
No more disgraceful cover with Mando ' s son - sorry peppermint

Nasty and unnecessary, just like the LIHS cover of course. This kid was not chosen from a model agency right. Who had the idea?
It's a terrible cover but that's not his fault. He's 10 years old. He's no doubt happy and proud to be there. He doesn't deserve to be trolled by pricks on the internet, so leave him alone.

It's a terrible cover but that's not his fault. He's 10 years old. He's no doubt happy and proud to be there. He doesn't deserve to be trolled by pricks on the internet, so leave him alone.

The Internet is like flypaper for people with personality disorders, and attacking children, and then doubling down on it when someone's outraged, definitely fits within the list of symptoms.

Is it really necessary to release this song as a single?

This is the kind of thing you release as a b-side. I just don't understand the motivation.

It's not even a particularly good cover of the song.

I assume the record company is paying for it, and they're just thrilled.

Is it really necessary to release this song as a single?

This is the kind of thing you release as a b-side. I just don't understand the motivation.

It's not even a particularly good cover of the song.

I assume the record company is paying for it, and they're just thrilled.

Maybe it’s just fun. That thing music used to be before we all became armchair agents managers record execs and vicarious artists

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom