Asunción, Paraguay concert (Dec. 5) cancelled due to food poisioning - @ABCEspectaculos

English translation:

The #Morrissey concert @officialmoz in Paraguay is finally cancelled. Here, the statement released by the producer of the show:

IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE SHOW
MORRISSEY PLANNED FOR THIS EVENING IN THE
CONVENTION CENTER OF CONMEBOL,
CANCELLED DUE TO A
ESSENTIAL MEMBER OF THE BAND HAS
CONTRACTED A FOOD POISONING.
WE WILL TRY TO FIND A NEW DATE
TO MORRISSEY AGAIN WITH ALL
HIS FANS IN PARAGUAY.
REFUNDS WILL BE AVAILABLE
FROM THURSDAY 6 TO 18 DECEMBER
IN OFFICES G5PRO THE RIDE
CARMELITES, FROM 9:00 TO 17:00 HOURS.
WAITING FOR THE SPEEDY RECOVERY
AND THE CONCERT IN BUENOS AIRES
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7 AT DIRECTV SAND
IS PROGRESSING ACCORDING TO SCHEDULE.

45209_paraguay_cancelled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'm so sorry, poisoning brings horrible pain. Wish the poisoned that he recovers soon and without further consequences.

Hope they can make it in Buenos Aires despite the very bad economic situation in the country. I don't have any idea about how ticket sales are going here (I don't know where Skinny gets that information), but anything is good if you consider that even food sales decreased in a very important way. In the last six months people here lost half of their shopping capacity thanks to the huge devaluation of currency (https://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-argentina-peso-20180901-story.html). Well, I just wish it can happen for the good of all.

Last edited:
Isn't it weird how lack of sales causes illness, time after time after time? Is there anyone who still falls for this?

if it was down to ticket sales, they wouldn't have travelled, you thick miscreant. But you keep posting your bile to promote your deluded agenda. Loner.

If ticket sales are to blame, folks here in the Northeast corridor of the USA are still awaiting last December's sold-out-yet-cancelled shows in Boston and Philadelphia to be somehow made up. Easier travel and less risk of food poisoning around here, too.

Two things here. Prayers don't work, and secondly, if they did, they wouldn't force more people to buy more tickets to stop cases of food poisoning occurring.

Life is a prayer in that what you send out to others comes back to you tenfold.
I wish the bandmember a speedy recovery and continued success to Morrissey' on the rest of the tour.

I’ve just arrived back from South America this morning and all the crowds were full, so once again, you’re full of crap. Just leg it, thicko.
I have no view on whether it was sold out or not, but how can you possibly know how many tickets were sold by looking at the crowds?

The thing is, they probably had sold this gig out (or sold a respectable number of tickets) and someone probably does have food poisoning.
But he/they have used that excuse too much and too recently for anyone to take it seriously. You can only 'cry wolf' so many times. I'll still buy tickets for European shows, buy the re-issues, sub-standard singles etc, but you can see how the casual audience just get sick of this shit.

The thing is, they probably had sold this gig out (or sold a respectable number of tickets) and someone probably does have food poisoning.
But he/they have used that excuse too much and too recently for anyone to take it seriously. You can only 'cry wolf' so many times. I'll still buy tickets for European shows, buy the re-issues, sub-standard singles etc, but you can see how the casual audience just get sick of this shit.

the show was sold out for everyone except for skinnys hate brain. food poisining from bad food.

Isn't it weird how lack of sales causes illness, time after time after time? Is there anyone who still falls for this?
Do you know what the ticket sales were? I'm not pointing a bony accusatory finger at you, I'm just curious.
I believe it if they were below 60% of capacity. Someone always comes down with the scoots or misplaces their passport, or just f***s off to the next town because screw the people who bought the tickets, since it's not worth it if the paycheck is too small.

Is that a fact of a belief? The web site for the Paraguay gig is still active and there were tickets still available at the time he cancelled, the next 3 gigs all have availability in nearly all sections, so it will be interesting to see what happens there?

https://www.reduts.com.py/evento/morrissey-en-concierto

https://www.puntoticket.com/morrissey
A MESSAGE FROM MORRISSEY

"It is with heavy hearts and a few words pulled from the fifty cent section of the thesaurus that we accept
our very wordy and familiar fates. From the time we left America, Boz was farting like an old lawnmower full of watered down unleaded, coloring the proceedings with a black cloud and uncertainty. But we soldiered on, our gang of gangly brothers from another mother's aunt's sister's grandmother- resolute in our resolutions to resolve to resume our revenue refilling routine. By the time we got to Paraguay, it was apparent something was terribly wrong. It pains me to refund the money, but they say that I must, and so I do so, with a windy promise to return to the beloved left ventricle of my bottomless heart, Paraguay, and the right, Beunos Ares, and the other places too, and sing once again, prostrate from the prostate, not an excuse, but a song. Because there is a song that must be sung."

-MORRISSEY, 7 DEC, 2018

Last edited:
If the reason was food poisoning then Moz and his band are experienced enough to know how to carry on. The only 'essential' member is Morrissey. They could do a set with no Jesse, with no drums, etc. It would be a bit strange, but could be done. And it would give the audience a unique experience. Plenty of bands can figure it out when someone is unavailable and find a replacement, even if they need to mangle a few songs in the process. I think it is an unprofessional approach to cancel because of one musician being ill.

He needs to stop shaking the hands of all and sundry in the front row. Heaven knows how much infected faecal and mucal matter he must pick up from all those unwashed digits in the course of a show.

A MESSAGE FROM MORRISSEY

"It is with heavy hearts and a few words pulled from the fifty cent section of the thesaurus that we accept
our very wordy and familiar fates. From the time we left America, Boz was farting like an old lawnmower full of watered down unleaded, coloring the proceedings with a black cloud and uncertainty. But we soldiered on, our gang of gangly brothers from another mother's aunt's sister's grandmother- resolute in our resolutions to resolve to resume our revenue refilling routine. By the time we got to Paraguay, it was apparent something was terribly wrong. It pains me to refund the money, but they say that I must, and so I do so, with a windy promise to return to the beloved left ventricle of my bottomless heart, Paraguay, and the right, Beunos Ares, and the other places too, and sing once again, prostrate from the prostate, not an excuse, but a song. Because there is a song that must be sung."

-MORRISSEY, 7 DEC, 2018

:rolleyes:

'the fifty cent section of the thesaurus':straightface:

maybe a Nobel is not in your future. o_O

Got Delhi Belly in India and it was no joke. No matter how careful you are, it happens sometimes. I remember being in a mall in Bangkok and watching with horror as this toddler slid his hand down his rear cleavage and dug around for a while. He then jumped on the escalator and gripped the railing with said hand. It made me never want to touch a public surface ever again.

A MESSAGE FROM MORRISSEY

-MORRISSEY, 7 DEC, 2018

It's wild how accurate this is.

If the reason was food poisoning then Moz and his band are experienced enough to know how to carry on. The only 'essential' member is Morrissey. They could do a set with no Jesse, with no drums, etc. It would be a bit strange, but could be done. And it would give the audience a unique experience. Plenty of bands can figure it out when someone is unavailable and find a replacement, even if they need to mangle a few songs in the process. I think it is an unprofessional approach to cancel because of one musician being ill.

It'd never happen. They're "blood-bubbas," remember? f*** Alain in 2004 though, right? :lbf:

A MESSAGE FROM MORRISSEY

-MORRISSEY, 7 DEC, 2018
Genius :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom