"As a black teenager, I loved Morrissey. But heaven knows..." - Guardian article by Joshua Surtees

Going by how many anti-Corbyn articles the Guardian managed to publish after he was first elected leader, I suspect they've got about another 150 of these anti-Morrissey pieces in the pipeline...

As a black teenager, I loved Morrissey. But heaven knows I’m miserable now - Opinion / The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees
I used to defend Morrissey against accusations of racism. Now I feel betrayed by his support for bigots like Tommy Robinson

(And it's some top class trolling, using "Heaven Knows..." in the article title, given how much they know Morrissey hates that and "Bigmouth" being used in headlines.)

This is never going to end unless Morrissey backtracks/apologises. Which means: this is never going to end.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow betrayal is the latest way to be upset these days isn't it? So dramatic. Who gives a shit if you're a black teenager? How heroic of you to defend Morrissey against accusations of racism.

Sometimes I like to prance around my house in nothing but my ALF hoodie and an expensive lace thong. And I can do that because of FREE SPEECH.

Ok, motherf***ers. I've got to lie down. I have low blood pressure and I think im gonna faint. Play nice.
good for you poli let it all hang out.

For what? Name one actionable deed or sentence. Go ahead. In your own time.
The only things that bothered me was the Guardian chasing down his collaborators on the recent album for comment. If he'd broken laws then I'd understand. It's all getting a bit repetitive now with each comment piece saying basically I used to like Morrissey/Smiths but now not so much.. I'm not making light of individual feelings about his nasty politics but Guardian should rise above it and move on. How many times can they keep saying the same thing.

The only things that bothered me was the Guardian chasing down his collaborators on the recent album for comment. If he'd broken laws then I'd understand. It's all getting a bit repetitive now with each comment piece saying basically I used to like Morrissey/Smiths but now not so much.. I'm not making light of individual feelings about his nasty politics but Guardian should rise above it and move on. How many times can they keep saying the same thing.
I think a lot of people are disappointed. Back in the day nobody had a problem with all the laudatory articles, but now...you take the rough with the smooth.

haha, these new nazi trolls dont realize that with every new post they chase away the proper fans from Moz who dont want to be related with that racist sh*t they're posting.

priceless

I think a lot of people are disappointed. Back in the day nobody had a problem with all the laudatory articles, but now...you take the rough with the smooth.
You should hook up with Siobhan Pigunt #shestheoneforyoufatty ;)

They really don't. Some people do think he's great despite what he did, but they don't work with him or try to help him get movies made.
Now what's really weird is that another director, Victor Salva, did much worse and is allowed to work.
C’mon Truth, tell the truth. Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Ewan MacGregor to name a few have worked with him while Meryl Streep leads standing ovations while they give him an Oscar! The guy is a peadophile rapist, who skipped town rather than face the consequences of his actions. How the hell ANYONE worked with him let alone giving him an Academy Award is beyond me.

These all read like very pointless, redundant, cut and paste hack jobs to me...like, ok, why should I give a shit about you being some minority that projected all your feelings on a singer and now you’re butthurt you don’t share every single view you thought you did? Grow the f*** up.

That is racism! That generalization is the basis for all racism. "I hate all x people because some of them did y."

Is that any less irrational than saying "Group X isn't so bad! I know because some of my friends are Group X!"

If basing your opinion of an entire group based on a small number of negative examples is irrational then it should be equally irrational to base your opinion of am entire group of people based on a few positive examples as well.

That's why you look at AVERAGES!!!! Ya know, statistics and what not.

I once thought of The Guardian as a serious, very respectable news paper and news outlet. One that you could trust. They have now resorted to the pesky means reminiscent of the Sun or the Daily Mail. They are ruining their own reputation.
The Guardian, like any other paper, just wants to make money.

I think you'd be slightly messed up if your mother had been murdered in a concentration camp and your wife and unborn child had been murdered by a bunch of sadistic hippie f***s. And it was the 70's....all the celebs were on drugs screwing everything.

I always thought it was convenient that the Manson fam showed up at his house while Polanski happened to be out of town

Bruce Lee spoke about how he was invited to Europe by Polanski and some industry people. He said when he was there , Polanski and others were soliciting teenage prostitutes for sex and that they looked very young. Bruce was disgusted by this and thought that European Jews had little morals.. Also fun fact, Bruce Lee was a suspect in Sharon Tate's murder for a minute

So true, you don't see these Muslim countries import as many Europeans as possible because they want to keep their identity. These foreigners are breeding out native Europeans
I don't think there is enough European demand to emigrate to countries that have Sharia law to assess the enthusiasm of the welcoming committee of those countries.

They petitioned for him and gave him a standing ovation. Only a few backed off when the bad publicity hit them.

Victor Salva isn't as well known but obviously has good tribal connections.

C’mon Truth, tell the truth. Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Ewan MacGregor to name a few have worked with him while Meryl Streep leads standing ovations while they give him an Oscar! The guy is a peadophile rapist, who skipped town rather than face the consequences of his actions. How the hell ANYONE worked with him let alone giving him an Academy Award is beyond me.
In 2018, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voted to expel Polanski from its membership because of the statutory rape case.

Are you @bhops arguing that Roman Polanski got away with this because he is "a Jew?"
That is the argument you're in.

Debating with liberals will almost always devolve into hairsplitting over the definition of words. Liberals feel if they can prove that what you are saying or believe fits either the definition of "racist" or "fascist" then they have won the argument. It's all word games

The best way to start any debate is to ask someone their definition all the key words in the debate.

Debating if God exists? What do you mean by God?
Debating if something is racist? What do you mean by racist?

I don't think that liberals are any different than conservatives or libertarians in the way they debate. Most people do it poorly and two people debating poorly leads to a very poor debate. I rarely see a debate between 2 people where both are capable of a solid debate that isn't full of logical fallacies and shifting of terms.

These all read like very pointless, redundant, cut and paste hack jobs to me...like, ok, why should I give a shit about you being some minority that projected all your feelings on a singer and now you’re butthurt you don’t share every single view you thought you did? Grow the f*** up.

You could take out "being a minority," and make an even better case I think. Appreciating someone's work is one thing but identifying with someone you don't know and basing some part of your identity on that relationship probably isn't healthy. Being inspired by someone is great. Feeling that someone expresses your feelings better than you can yourself can be therapeutic and healthy.
But thinking you have a relationship with that celebrity and then becoming angry at them personally is a little weird. And I did do that to some degree myself so I sort of understand how it happens.
What I'm saying is that being angry about the issues being discussed is one thing but having a personal grudge against someone you don't know, especially someone who appears to have lived in a bubble for decades, might indicate other issues.

The best way to start any debate is to ask someone their definition all the key words in the debate.

Debating if God exists? What do you mean by God?
Debating if something is racist? What do you mean by racist?

I don't think that liberals are any different than conservatives or libertarians in the way they debate. Most people do it poorly and two people debating poorly leads to a very poor debate. I rarely see a debate between 2 people where both are capable of a solid debate that isn't full of logical fallacies and shifting of terms.
Most people want to win an argument and are resistant to even hearing anything from the other side.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom