Article: Las Vegas (Feb. 9) and Phoenix (Feb. 10) to be rescheduled due to doctor's o

From the official Morrissey Facebook page:

Due to doctor’s orders, the upcoming engagements with MORRISSEY in Las Vegas on Sat Feb 9 and in Phoenix on Sun Feb 10 will need to be rescheduled. MORRISSEY is currently undergoing treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett’s esophagus. These shows are in the process of being rescheduled immediately and all patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as the new dates will be announced within the coming days. MORRISSEY thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes during this time and hopes for a speedy recovery. The tour will resume as scheduled in El Paso at Tricky Falls on Feb 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Las Vegas (Feb. 9) and Phoenix (Feb. 10) to be rescheduled due to doctor

So much for staying anonymous, Amie.

That's my name. Don't wear it out.

Re: Article: Las Vegas (Feb. 9) and Phoenix (Feb. 10) to be rescheduled due to doctor

The rest of the tour will be cancelled on Friday after Morrissey's next Dr. appointment. It is very unlikely he will reschedule these shows as he will be subject to on-going test and treatment in the UK.

Is this really true? Just that Im due to fly out very long distance to USA on Friday. Dont want to fly out if tour is cancelled. If its true please message me the details so I dont fly out for nothing. thanks!

Is this really true? Just that Im due to fly out very long distance to USA on Friday. Dont want to fly out if tour is cancelled. If its true please message me the details so I dont fly out for nothing. thanks!

Morrissey has a very bad track record at keeping his fans in the loop. So you have a proper dillema on your hands there, good luck.

Save your time and money go and watch Johnny Marr instead and witness how Smiths songs really should sound as well as his new stuff.
No brainer that one.

Morrissey sure does get ill a lot. Not exactly a great case for a vegan diet.

Save your time and money go and watch Johnny Marr instead and witness how Smiths songs really should sound as well as his new stuff.

No brainer that one.

Morrissey's shows are much better and I pray that he gets well soon.

Last edited:

Not just the prospect of a biopsy and whatever the results may be, but the aftereffects of the procedure itself kind of suck.

I had an endoscopy in May. It was outpatient but I was put under and they biopsied me in three places (don't know if that's typical or not). I was in and out of the hospital within two hours, so it wasn't a grueling procedure but the thing that surprised me was how much irritation I felt from the biopsies. It kicked in the day after the procedure and lingered for the better part of a week. I wouldn't call it pain, but I was definitely sore -- my throat, my chest, my stomach -- and to a degree that couldn't be ignored by way of distraction. Low level, but annoying.

Once again, nothing major but add those unexpected minor irritations to what Morrissey is already going through and I'm not surprised more dates have been given the kibosh.

I hope everything worked out for you; internal biopsies often leave patients with a rather unsettling, ill-defined soreness.

A singer would certainly have to recover fully from such a procedure before taking to the stage. Fingers crossed...

I hope everything worked out for you; internal biopsies often leave patients with a rather unsettling, ill-defined soreness.

A singer would certainly have to recover fully from such a procedure before taking to the stage. Fingers crossed...

Still sweating on the old "will he won't he" then are we ?

Morrissey we are all filed with sadness of the thought of not seeing you perform live , however I am sure we would rather have you fit and well. So listen to the doctor, thinking about you every day and hope all tests are ok and treatment not too uncomfortable - love you unconditionally!!!

Still sweating on the old "will he won't he" then are we ?

We are concerned about Morrissey's health. We hope that he will be able to continue with this tour (which has been fantastic so far). We have already seen him, and we hope that other people get to see him, too.

Silly person.:)

Morrissey sure does get ill a lot. Not exactly a great case for a vegan diet.

Wow, that's an oldie but goody. :rolleyes: Pathetic.

Thanks, Anaesthesine. I'm fine.

My intent wasn't to bang on about myself, just to use my own experience to illustrate what Morrissey probably went through -- but the only way to do that was to bang on about myself.*

Lower GI tests were most likely done as well, but I'll leave that one alone.

We are concerned about Morrissey's health. We hope that he will be able to continue with this tour (which has been fantastic so far). We have already seen him, and we hope that other people get to see him, too.

Silly person.:)

Morrissey's fans are concerned. I've seen him twice on this tour, and he was great.

It seems that the trolls don't have much to do with their time.

Wow, that's an oldie but goody. :rolleyes: Pathetic.

And the salad you dress with a smile, its murder
And the pumpkin you carve with a smile, is murder
And do you know that veg is un-healthy ?

Mozza in la

My sisters bf claims he just saw Morrissey walking on Sunset Blvd. Finally, he must be in LA.

Is MOZ we trust xxx See u soon xxx

The rest of the tour will be cancelled on Friday after Morrissey's next Dr. appointment. It is very unlikely he will reschedule these shows as he will be subject to on-going test and treatment in the UK.

Well its Friday so when can we expect the TTY Statement and what do you think it will say ? Will it be another typical Mossy-Crap-Cryptic play on words attempt at
sounding the all artistic legend of our time? When in the reall world he's an old 80s pop star/songwriter (with the dries), an awkward bloke with a huge trail of broken friendships behind him, unable to generate any reall interest of a decent recording contract, with a fanbase that is growing smaller and smaller as the days of dryness and the immature, bitter, David Icke-esqe- interviews (by e-mail) continue.

we'll let you know

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom