Article: Interview: Morrissey Says Obama 'Seems White Inside,' Talks Brandon Flowers Stalking Him -

Re: Interview: Morrissey Says Obama 'Seems White Inside,' Talks Brandon Flowers Stalking Him

Jesus Morrissey rap music stopped being a "danger to society" for american politicians ages ago. It just another simpel entertainment for now, like Taylor Swift. Besides that it was and average, nothing new interview but sweet nevertheless. I Love the man, but i can't help to think that he sometimes comes out sounding A bit one track minded and dare i say it......... :( stupi..............

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: alternativenation Interview: Morrissey says Obama 'seems white inside,' talks Brandon Flowers stalking him

How are you going to rally against "the 1%'s grand scheme of making the people powerless" when both candidates were bought and sold by the 1%? They bet on both horses every election. People need to vote if their vote matters and counts. For the vast majority of the (world) population, this is not the case.

You're a good fit to be a political propagandist. "Move Forward" is the kind of shit a politician spews out when he doesn't want voters remembering all the heinous shit he or she has done.

Well then, I guess we should all just lean back in our chairs and bitch and moan and call ourselves activists then. What's your plan for bringing insight to the masses in an organized way that instills confidence? More riots? Links to old youtube clips and dead leaders?

That cop resigned yesterday. Impact was made, now you say, "What's next?" instead of stewing on the negativity, you plant seeds of positivity so your garden isn't just weeds and thorny rose bushes that occasionally flower on a good day. THe point is the garden be in bloom every day. I hate to get all Chauncey Gardner on you but the negativity is NOT helping. Also name-checking a list of old angels does little to make the current, hard-working angels feel appreciation. You have to appreciate the current angels too beyond just recounting the good ol' glory days. There is a shit ton happening today on stages and in albums. In movies and TV. You have to stay current, reference current material so the KIDS can identify with you as being on their side, the side of the future.

I don't know how else to explain it. I feel like you aren't listening at all. It's not about glorifying a person, it's about moving a body of water to change, that water is people.

Re: alternativenation Interview: Morrissey says Obama 'seems white inside,' talks Brandon Flowers stalking him

You are so stupid, it's astounding. Do you even leave the house?

May the odds be ever in your favor.

(Hint: you're becoming a canon boom on day one.)

Well then, I guess we should all just lean back in our chairs and bitch and moan and call ourselves activists then. What's your plan for bringing insight to the masses in an organized way that instills confidence? More riots? Links to old youtube clips and dead leaders

If you think voting is the only way to make a contribution to political democracy, then there's really no hope for you intellectually. I guess you can vote by mail... The only trouble with grassroots organizing and non-violent protesting is that it requires leaving the house.

I read the Brandon Flowers interview where he talked about stalking Morrissey. It was quite hilarious, actually! He was giddy as a schoolgirl at a Beatles concert seeing Moz.

However...Moz talking about "flesh on plates" being the same as "looking at small children being eaten" is so bloody ludicrous. How would Moz know what looking at small children being eaten look like?!!? Spouting off comparing eating animals to eating children when the man has no flesh and blood children of his own. Oh, how it changes you and your self-righteousness.

I get excited when I see a new Moz interview, then read it, and wish I hadn't. He needs to to stop talking about racism in America, and stop bashing Barack.

I read the Brandon Flowers interview where he talked about stalking Morrissey. It was quite hilarious, actually! He was giddy as a schoolgirl at a Beatles concert seeing Moz.

However...Moz talking about "flesh on plates" being the same as "looking at small children being eaten" is so bloody ludicrous. How would Moz know what looking at small children being eaten look like?!!? Spouting off comparing eating animals to eating children when the man has no flesh and blood children of his own. Oh, how it changes you and your self-righteousness.

I get excited when I see a new Moz interview, then read it, and wish I hadn't. He needs to to stop talking about racism in America, and stop bashing Barack.

He was asked about it. Maybe you should email him and dictate what he is allowed to speak about and what not. THIS would be ludicrous. Actually, YOU need to stop talking about what Moz needs to stop talking about and YOU need to stop bashing Moz for whom he likes to bash.

I'm not a doctor either but.. "eating animals is as dangerous as inhaling tobacco", - said a person with a lot of health issues, wow. But as for the rest - graceful. As always. I don't know how but Moz correctly guessed the situation in my country. Or my own thoughts at least ;) He was surprisingly polite in this case also.

Well, I hate to disappoint you but in SOME CASES It. Does. Matter. Especially when the bulk of the black community voted you into your second term as President and therefore have some expectations of you. Maybe it was wrong of the voters to solely elect their president because he belongs to their own community and maybe it was naive to believe that this would lead to some benefits for you but it is like it is. These people exist and they are disappointed. There's no way ignoring them. If I was gay and would vote a gay candidate into office, then I certainly would not expect him to shit on gay rights regardless of how many other social communities exist.

Can you explain how a 'black' President is meant to act? Watermelon, high fives and jive talking for all!?
Are you implying black people have some sort or propensity to behave in a certain way? Enough so that they'd expect similar of any black person elected? That's exactly how racism works.
The fact that you infer 'they' have a community that Obama is beholdent to act on behalf of due to his skin tone is divisive and perpetuates segregation and stereotypes . I'd expect a President to act like a President (via his political mandate) - much like a Judge being asked to run a trial of a person of any ethnicity.
As for Moz - with millions enjoying the 'thanks Obama' tag line, I don't think he's said anything too provocative when compared to some of it!

Regards,
FWD

Unfortunately it's not the first time he's made such comparisons. As someone who has come to expect progressively less from Morrissey interviews over the years, I enjoyed it. Overall he seemed in good spirits. Also nice to read an English language interview again.

Can you explain how a 'black' President is meant to act? Watermelon, high fives and jive talking for all!?
Are you implying black people have some sort or propensity to behave in a certain way? Enough so that they'd expect similar of any black person elected? That's exactly how racism works.
The fact that you infer 'they' have a community that Obama is beholdent to act on behalf of due to his skin tone is divisive and perpetuates segregation and stereotypes . I'd expect a President to act like a President (via his political mandate) - much like a Judge being asked to run a trial of a person of any ethnicity.
As for Moz - with millions enjoying the 'thanks Obama' tag line, I don't think he's said anything too provocative when compared to some of it!

Regards,
FWD

I didn't say what I expect from a President. I said that many black people are disappointed in Obama because they feel that he doesn't adress their problems and needs enough. These are facts. I didn't make it up. I just say that they have to be taken seriously. Furthermore I don't want to imply that they are the only people who matter and of course a President should care about the problems of ALL people but ALL people includes these black people who apparently feel neglected. Anyway, there are issues which get far too much attention and that at the expense of ALL people. Sorry, that I wasn't clear.

Does anyone else think its weird he worked in his mom, his sister and his nephews into the interview as being exemplary vegetarians?

Does anyone else think its weird he worked in his mom, his sister and his nephews into the interview as being exemplary vegetarians?

It isn't weird at all. Why? It's his family. And it's not the first he mentioned that they are all vegetariens. But I suspect that his father never was and still isn't a vegetarian because he never mentions him in that regard. Sadly not everyone of your family feels like you. I'm the only one in my family. Moz is lucky.

Nah, but I definitely appreciated the fact that he gave carnivores some slack when he mentioned that it's easier to slide into vegetarianism than it is to go full-on vegan. He's correct about the steps. Most people think they'll explode if they have to give up cheese.

I suppose it was a question about family. Something seems...off. Nevermind.

Yes, that was a good give in the game of give and take. The best part of the interview.

No, who else is he going go use as a example. Me and McCartney?
I think its strange that Morrissey has siblings, nephews and a mother :rofl: i always thinks its strange when famous people have a family. It makes them so human, and i always though Morrissey was out of this world. Iam a nutcase

its a sign of his age I think. as to the rest of this convo, ouch to like ninety percent of it

Oh these discussions ... To lighten the mood a bit, there is a concert soon in New Orleans (a city wit a lot of black people, obviously)

https://instagram.com/p/3unXptud4B/?taken-by=8stitches9lives

https://twitter.com/mwbattery

matthew walker ‏@mwBATTERY 3 Std.
welcome to nola

matthew walker ‏@mwBATTERY 3 Std.
it's not every morning you see body parts strewn about the highway
and the wreckage of a car plummeting out of a 6th story window....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom