Any news regarding the new album?

Has anybody heard any news besides the facts we all ready know? Like, the sound or first single details?

How about this pop pickers?

From The Twitter ~

Lee Thompson‏@leethommo·59 mins

Three new Morrissey singles on the way, folks. One every week, coming soon. Hurrah.

Lee T is music editor at Record of the Day industry site.

As spotted by Ms Nomer at AllYouNeedIsMorrissey.com

How about this pop pickers?

From The Twitter ~

Lee Thompson‏@leethommo·59 mins

Three new Morrissey singles on the way, folks. One every week, coming soon. Hurrah.

Lee T is music editor at Record of the Day industry site.

As spotted by Ms Nomer at AllYouNeedIsMorrissey.com

I was wondering when we'd hear news about a single. Thanks for sharing this.

Interesting. It would have been nice if they had a single out ahead of the tour. Which begins in exactly one week!

Last edited:
Are they all likely to be album tracks or non-album singles?

I ask because the length of the album tracks seem so un-single-like... apart from Istanbul.

Maybe Action Is My Middle Name will get an official single release? It deserves it!

I ask because the length of the album tracks seem so un-single-like... apart from Istanbul.

6 songs on the album are shorter than 'Istanbul', and therefore more likely candidates. Art thou insane?

looking forward to this

no PR before the tour/singles released?

I know he's a bit random...
3 singles... once a week...?
That's oddly prolific even for him.
Regards,
FWD

One a week for three weeks -- what does that odd strategy suggest in terms of the label's confidence? (we already know the man's confidence isn't always reliable...)

High confidence (3 amazing songs landing like tidal waves to say 'awesome Moz is back')
-or-
Lo confidence (Take the hit of disappointing reviews out and done all at once....)

Is there precedent for this strategy?

I've already been impressed that releasing this so close to the Vauxhall reissue seems like high confidence -- makes it too easy for every review of new material to be compared directly to his high-mark.

One a week for three weeks -- what does that odd strategy suggest in terms of the label's confidence? (we already know the man's confidence isn't always reliable...)

High confidence (3 amazing songs landing like tidal waves to say 'awesome Moz is back')
-or-
Lo confidence (Take the hit of disappointing reviews out and done all at once....)

I've already been impressed that releasing this so close to the Vauxhall reissue seems like high confidence -- makes it too easy for every review of new material to be compared directly to his high-mark.

I'm pretty sure I have seen a few indie acts that have taken similar routes. Though I think this speaks more to labels especially major ones just not caring about non-pop singles. Also maybe a more traditional marketing campaign is the way to go with this record?

6 songs on the album are shorter than 'Istanbul', and therefore more likely candidates. Art thou insane?

Yes, I am.

-or-

Also, The Cure released 4 singles back in 2008, once a month leading up to the album release. Seems similar to that really:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4:13_Dream

On 1 May 2008, The Cure posted a bulletin on their MySpace page in which they confirmed that the album would be released on 13 September. The bulletin also said that the thirteenth day of each month leading up to the release of the album (May, June, July and August) would see the release of a single, including B-sides that would not make the final cut.

Back
Top Bottom