Antidepressant drugs don't work – official study

Right, i am f***ed with this thread and people linking cancer with mental illness.
It is seriously insensitive to people who may read here and know people who or are suffering from cancer, or may have a form of cancer.

So, please could it stop now.

indeed, sir. indeed.

[youtube]JZGIHMsDH70&feature=related[/youtube]​

[youtube]kIXHK0LFD2c&feature=related[/youtube]​

Right, i am f***ed with this thread and people linking cancer with mental illness.
It is seriously insensitive to people who may read here and know people who or are suffering from cancer, or may have a form of cancer.

ok replace cancer with anything. just b/c there isnt a cure for something doesnt mean it doesnt exist, right? that was the point I was making, i wasnt really COMPARING them. i mean, theres no cure for herpes, and herpes definitely exists, haha RIGHT?

Alrite luv, it would seem to be a bunch of whining middle class Americans, feeling a bit 'down in the dumps' and then generally getting ripped off by a drug company for about the tune of £170 a month....so they can 'function' in their busy modern lifestyle; judging by the posts here:rolleyes: Or am I being too sarcastic today?

I'm sorry Cornelius, but ever stop to you think that maybe people with true depression are reading this and thinking its pretty insensitive that some of you are minimalizing their illness to them "whining" and "feeling down in the dumps?"

I'm sorry Cornelius, but ever stop to you think that maybe people with true depression are reading this and thinking its pretty insensitive that some of you are minimalizing their illness to them "whining" and "feeling down in the dumps?"

Thank you, Nugz.

I've already said cancer is a horrible disease. No one wants it. My grandfather died of cancer. But depression is also a horrible disease, and it's made worse when people like Cornelius sneer at us. I guarantee you it is vastly different than being "down in the dumps." It is debilitating and devastating. And, as I've also pointed out, depression is actually a neurodegenerative disease. Living with untreated depression causes brain damage. I will agree that if I had to choose one, I'd rather have depression than cancer, but there is no reason to be so insensitive.

Thank you.

Alrite luv, it would seem to be a bunch of whining middle class Americans, feeling a bit 'down in the dumps' and then generally getting ripped off by a drug company for about the tune of £170 a month....so they can 'function' in their busy modern lifestyle; judging by the posts here:rolleyes: Or am I being too sarcastic today?

BAWHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :D

ok replace cancer with anything. just b/c there isnt a cure for something doesnt mean it doesnt exist, right? that was the point I was making, i wasnt really COMPARING them. i mean, theres no cure for herpes, and herpes definitely exists, haha RIGHT?

look at your post, if you didn't want to compare them then don't quote them in the same paragraph. There was no point to make.

I feel no desire to tell you or post here any of my history dealing with people i know (and myself )that i have dealt with self-harm, attempts at suicide or depression. Any one with any a psychological or physiological pattern couldn't give a f*** of logging here every day and having a 'moan' and just doing some weird attention seeking. You and plenty of people here have depression and i am sorry. Yours i beleive can be treated with a therapeutic relationship with a health professional, as most of the time you really just need to speak to someone and are just attention seeking.

Every day, i see people with various health problems going to various clinics and hospital units. Some, are in wheelchairs because they are missing limbs or have to carry oxygen with them. I also see people waiting to see sexual health doctors, to deal with thier HIV medication for the next couple of months. prositutes going for an examination, at the womens workers unit. Children who have loss most of their hair because of their cancer treatment. People in tears or arguing with partners because they have been to the recurrant misscarriage clinic. So, every day i see pain and disease, in real people.

Thank you, Nugz.

I've already said cancer is a horrible disease. No one wants it. My grandfather died of cancer. But depression is also a horrible disease, and it's made worse when people like Cornelius sneer at us. I guarantee you it is vastly different than being "down in the dumps." It is debilitating and devastating. And, as I've also pointed out, depression is actually a neurodegenerative disease. Living with untreated depression causes brain damage. I will agree that if I had to choose one, I'd rather have depression than cancer, but there is no reason to be so insensitive.

Thank you.

I sneer, yes, because i don't really see you as a very unlucky person with an untreatable disease. Your a fully functioning woman with a mood disorder as far as i can see.

At least now, you and Nugz can see and have commented that that they are different diseases and are not remotely comparable.

whatever, suffering from one disease, or another, - do not tell the person that
their pain is not real.

I sneer, yes, because i don't really see you as a very unlucky person with an untreatable disease. Your a fully functioning woman with a mood disorder as far as i can see.

At least now, you and Nugz can see and have commented that that they are different diseases and are not remotely comparable.

I think we've always said that.

I don't really see Pregs or I coming on here and moping about ourselves or our lives. we never said we were unlucky and of course we didnt say we had an untreatable disease. thats exactly that, the point of this thread is trying to say that you CAN'T treat it. we are saying that you CAN. that in certain cases medications do work. I have a hard time when I log onto a Morrissey forum of all places, and people are belittleing depression. I don't think you can blame us for going on the defensive when certain people here are trying to tell us that this shit doesnt even exist.

I feel no desire to tell you or post here any of my history dealing with people i know (and myself )that i have dealt with self-harm, attempts at suicide or depression.

wait im confused. you're saying you know people who this has happened to, or you saying this has happened to you?

Any one with any a psychological or physiological pattern couldn't give a f*** of logging here every day and having a 'moan' and just doing some weird attention seeking. You and plenty of people here have depression and i am sorry. Yours i beleive can be treated with a therapeutic relationship with a health professional, as most of the time you really just need to speak to someone and are just attention seeking.

I've NEVER done anything in regards to my depression, for attention. I've been accused of that, and it REALLY sucks.

[...] I don't think you can blame us for going on the defensive when certain people here are trying to tell us that this shit doesnt even exist.

if you think that i have tried to say "that this shit doesnt even exist" then you've misunderstood what i've said.

if you think that i have tried to say "that this shit doesnt even exist" then you've misunderstood what has been said.

okay, well please explain HIM. englighten me. and please, not another video. and maybe try not to be sarcastic for once.

Every day, i see people with various health problems going to various clinics and hospital units. Some, are in wheelchairs because they are missing limbs or have to carry oxygen with them. I also see people waiting to see sexual health doctors, to deal with thier HIV medication for the next couple of months. prositutes going for an examination, at the womens workers unit. Children who have loss most of their hair because of their cancer treatment. People in tears or arguing with partners because they have been to the recurrant misscarriage clinic. So, every day i see pain and disease, in real people.

So you are entitled to judge? I worked in the ER and ICU and some time on the ambulance, I won't bore you with the details but i've seen some stuff, and i've taken care of depressed people who were suicidal and not once did i think their pain was any less real than anybody elses. They were also real people, suffering from a real disease.

okay, well please explain HIM. englighten me. and please, not another video. and maybe try not to be sarcastic for once.

i'm never sarcastic :p and, anyway, my videos are great. you love them really :D

If you must be condescending to those who are "whining" for attention, let me suggest a more appropriate thread. Or do you reserve your condescension for American women? (Nevermind that you said something similarly harsh to Hellie a couple weeks ago.) Far be it from me that there may be a touch of misogyny in your statements...

(Nevermind that you said something similarly harsh to Hellie a couple weeks ago.)

I like Corny.:guitar:Anyone that has a beard and loves Moz gets a big thumbs up from me.....he's also a good relationship analyst.:D

Looks like there was more going on in your reply to Hellie than I realized. Which just reinforces my point about targeting American women...

So you are entitled to judge? I worked in the ER and ICU and some time on the ambulance, I won't bore you with the details but i've seen some stuff, and i've taken care of depressed people who were suicidal and not once did i think their pain was any less real than anybody elses. They were also real people, suffering from a real disease.

yep, i also said i am sorry that that person who posted has depression. I never said in any post that i feel they pain is any less. I was just annoyed at the people comparing of mental disorders with people with cancer.

If you must be condescending to those who are "whining" for attention, let me suggest a more appropriate thread. ...
I saw that this morning and ignored it. As I ignore EOH whining nonsense!

Or do you reserve your condescension for American women? (Nevermind that you said something similarly harsh to Hellie a couple weeks ago.) Far be it from me that there may be a touch of misogyny in your statements...

yes, i posted and quoted directly towards these women, because i hate them:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom