Morrissey Central "AND THE SOUL GOES OVER …" (October 31, 2020)

unnamed_xiwuxm.jpg

Sean Connery, rest in power.

Regards,
FWD.

It's hilarious and saddening to watch the usual acolytes come to the defence of a character lauded by Moz, and in that very act justify domestic violence. For that is what it is. Just imagine that. Defending your man by defending hitting women. Because you feel you have to.
from the same guy who rushed to post r.i.p.for mark e smith with all his well documented "bad" behaviour.
hypocrite.

Yes, I thought you'd quote that. Google 'wadribuhunna' and learn why that particular translation is problematic. At any rate, there are numerous other Islamic sources, including Muhammed himself, that decry and abhor domestic violence.
And some verses of the Bible are used in support of domestic violence so your racist point doesn't really obtain, does it?
It takes a lot of hubris for someone to give such an assertive opinion about a subject they utterly lack linguistic, cultural, and historical knowledge about. Your analogy with verses in the bible is both smug and ill-informed. Ayat al-ahkam are the main source of legislation in Muslim countries, not some obscure archaic scribblings that only theologians are interested in.

There is no ambiguity about that verse for Arabic speaking Muslims. The different interpretations you speak of are intended for the non-Arabic speaking westerners to make Islam more palatable. your claim that the verb you quoted is 'problematic' or open to various contradictory interpretations is not accepted as a part of the aqidah. No one in the Muslim world has ever heard of those 'scholars' responsible for these anachronistic interpretations, which, again, are not in circulation in Muslim countries and the vast majority of them are published in English or French. these people aren't authorities in Islamic thought by any stretch of the imagination. Different readings for that verse by Islamic jurists disagree only on what constitutes a justification of the beating, and the severity of it.

P.S. There's really no need to berate people paying tribute to Connery's death. He was a despicable man, but I doubt many care (or ever cared) about Connery the person. With the exception of MRAs and their ilk, people only like their perception of him, which is entirely based on the film roles he played.

It takes a lot of hubris for someone to give such an assertive opinion about a subject they utterly lack linguistic, cultural, and historical knowledge about. Your analogy with verses in the bible is both smug and ill-informed. Ayat al-ahkam are the main source of legislation in Muslim countries, not some obscure archaic scribblings that only theologians are interested in.

There is no ambiguity about that verse for Arabic speaking Muslims. The different interpretations you speak of are intended for the non-Arabic speaking westerners to make Islam more palatable. your claim that the verb you quoted is 'problematic' or open to various contradictory interpretations is not accepted as a part of the aqidah. No one in the Muslim world has ever heard of those 'scholars' responsible for these anachronistic interpretations, which, again, are not in circulation in Muslim countries and the vast majority of them are published in English or French. these people aren't authorities in Islamic thought by any stretch of the imagination. Different readings for that verse by Islamic jurists disagree only on what constitutes a justification of the beating, and the severity of it.

P.S. There's really no need to berate people paying tribute to Connery's death. He was a despicable man, but I doubt many care (or ever cared) about Connery the person. With the exception of MRAs and their ilk, people only like their perception of him, which is entirely based on the film roles he played.

A despicable man? Really? Bit over the top. Giving a slap to an unruly and annoying woman hardly makes you Hitler.

Was with you up to the point where you turn on Mr Connery. Judge not - especially when the man has just died. But totally agree with your comments on the Quran.

Just realised, it's Red Stripe beer in that photo, which is brewed in Jamaica, so more than likely the Dr. No era, 1962.
Last time I had that was in Jamaica...in a jewellers store. Weird, yes I know.
Another true story...

Just realised, it's Red Stripe beer in that photo, which is brewed in Jamaica, so more than likely the Dr. No era, 1962.
Last time I had that was in Jamaica...in a jewellers store. Weird, yes I know.
Another true story...
Well spotted. It was indeed taken behind the scenes while shooting Dr. No.

Here's another one featuring the same outfit (and the gorgeous Ursula Andress).

tumblr_mf39cs8MNd1qg4blro1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
If I actually liked James Bond, I would have said Sean Connery was my favourite. I do like him in films as they are all watchable and he had charisma in spades. What is different about his interview with Barbara Walters is he actually answers the question honestly. You don't get this in
interviews anymore, except Morrissey. The correct answer of course is you don't have to slap anyone, no matter how tempting it might be,you've lost the argument at that point.

Ya absolutely right.
If someone is in one of those hysterical states,
ya better off treatin' it as a nurturin' moment.
Wild T would giv'em a hug.

It's hilarious and saddening to watch the usual acolytes come to the defence of a character lauded by Moz, and in that very act justify domestic violence. For that is what it is. Just imagine that. Defending your man by defending hitting women. Because you feel you have to.
All of this is happening ONLY in your twisted, weak mind. Nowhere else.
Because you feel you have to.

Ya absolutely right.
If someone is in one of those hysterical states,
ya better off treatin' it as a nurturin' moment.
Wild T would giv'em a hug.
And then he’d have to reappraise his life, or risk joining Connery in eternal purgatory, for his lazy use of the sexist term ‘hysterical’.

The snowflakes carry big shovels Wild T, and your avine affiliations won’t save you from it. Indeed, the only tender turkeys they like are the fcuked plucked ones, in ovens.

And then he’d have to reappraise his life, or risk joining Connery in eternal purgatory, for his lazy use of the sexist term ‘hysterical’.

The snowflakes carry big shovels Wild T, and your avine affiliations won’t save you from it. Indeed, the only tender turkeys they like are the fcuked plucked ones, in ovens.

Apparently women will be silenced & killed because Sean spoke words in the 1980s - words they've spent two days spreading across Twitter & Facebook so that even more men can hear them & be compelled to throw out their Bond collections or immediately start slapping their wives.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom