ALO! (Serbian tabloid) mentions skin cancer rumor

Re: Skin cancer rumour

Without even clicking the link...

What does endlessly speculating about what illnesses Morrissey may or may not have accomplish? Nothing. If he wants to divulge anything, he will. Otherwise, it's all just people talking to make themselves feel like they know things they don't.

its llike saying you read it on 4chan along with the bass player from dIIv racist comments

He's also going to be a dad: http://en.mediamass.net/people/morrissey/pregnancy-rumors.html

Hahahaha! Tabloids!

Don't believe a word anyone says unless those words fall outta the main man's mouth and are cited by a reputable publisher (and aren't overly translated from other languages).

;)

No worries.

MIDNITE said it was skin cancer before the Serbian media.

After the C4 Alternative Xmas debacle, nobody should believe a word out of Morrissey's mouth.

best
BB

I know someone with skin cancer- he had chunks taken out of his skin. Unless Moz has it on his legs, I don't see how he would be ripping his shirt off every night.

He didn't take off the shirt for the first half of the US tour, however.

An anonymous person writes:

Please tell me that these rumours from a Serbian online mag are NOT TRUE.

Morisi: Imam rak, želim da umrem na bini! - ALO!

Google Translate to English

An anonymous person writes:

For those that don't know, ALO! is a Serbian tabloid.

and another anonymous person writes:

Is this a real interview or just old information repackaged? He's quoted here saying the doctor said he doesn't have much time left.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Alo!" is full of crap and I don't even want to explain why... This should be removed from the main page ASAP! :sick: :mad:

"Alo!" is full of crap and I don't even want to explain why... This should be removed from the main page ASAP! :sick: :mad:

I would hope that anyone with a functioning brain cell can tell that the "article" linked is nothing more than slapped together bits from other interviews with a baseless rumor glued in for effect. It's a complete non-thing. Why it's on the main page is beyond me, but that's a discussion that probably doesn't need to happen again…

I would hope that anyone with a functioning brain cell can tell that the "article" linked is nothing more than slapped together bits from other interviews with a baseless rumor glued in for effect. It's a complete non-thing. Why it's on the main page is beyond me, but that's a discussion that probably doesn't need to happen again…

The lack of protest over this tabloid link being on the main page suggests that the hoopla over the last link was about the subject matter--pedophilia--and not because of the lack of credibility of the news source/blog. Not that I ever doubted that for a second. Cancer isn't quote as taboo to talk about, is it?

agree it just seems pointless to have again, the discussion. not very credible but whatever

and source is: Kurir, that's even WORSE.
delete this news.

One could say it's just a skinstorm in a tea cup

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The lack of protest over this tabloid link being on the main page suggests that the hoopla over the last link was about the subject matter--pedophilia--and not because of the lack of credibility of the news source/blog. Not that I ever doubted that for a second. Cancer isn't quote as taboo to talk about, is it?

As far as I can tell the cancer story has only recently in the last few hours been promoted to the front page. And yeah it shouldn't be there as others have already noted. Now as to the taboo part, the other rather spiteful link was to a piece that openly opined as to whether Morrissey was involved in something that is an illegal activity. It's not even a question of taboo genius; but I get it you're taking your uber cool Hitch contrarian stance whilst secretly giving yourself a pat on the back for being able to perceive what the 'group think tank' can't and looking forward to rarking up the masses with some robust debate. Your modus operandi is becoming depressingly predictable.

Last edited:
"Mine is melenoma" - it's always been pretty clear to me from that lyric that M's Cancer is of the skin.

As far as I can tell the cancer story has only recently in the last few hours been promoted to the front page. And yeah it shouldn't be there as others have already noted. Now as to the taboo part, the other rather spiteful link was to a piece that openly opined as to whether Morrissey was involved in something that is an illegal activity. It's not even a question of taboo genius; but I get it you're taking your uber cool Hitch contrarian stance whilst secretly giving yourself a pat on the back for being able to perceive what the 'group think tank' can't and looking forward to rarking up the masses with some robust debate. Your modus operandi is becoming depressingly predictable.

Nah. It is because of the subject matter. Not specifically because it is an illegal activity. Tax fraud is illegal as well. But no one cries about links to stories speculating why Moz resides out of the UK. davidt said it best:

Are you sure you are talking about the reportability of an item or perhaps are you applying your own moral outrage to the topic of the article in question? As I mentioned before, there are many links I post which a lot of people don't consider newsworthy. Something to think about!

hopping-bunny-o.gif

Nah. It is because of the subject matter. Not specifically because it is an illegal activity. Tax fraud is illegal as well. But no one cries about links to stories speculating why Moz resides out of the UK. davidt said it best:

hopping-bunny-o.gif

Weak.

Back
Top Bottom