all you need is me "review"

justme

Love me outside!
OK,this is a lousy review but I had a laugh when I looked into the journalist bio...

The review first:

http://www.musicomh.com/singles/morrissey-7_0508.htm

The older Morrissey gets, the more he turns into a parody of himself, from the arrogance of the title (which you know he's singing completely without irony) to replacing the beautiful boys of early Smiths sleeves with a photo of himself.
The second of two new songs which recently appeared on his latest Greatest Hits compilation, his army of obsessive fans will already have All You Need Is Me, of course, but this won't stop them from buying this unremarkable, Moz-by-numbers unit shifter all over again.

"You're going to miss me when I'm gone" he croons towards the end. Only Morrissey would have the nerve to write a song about how annoying he is. Of course we'd miss him, but as he'll never be able bear to live without the adulation and God can't possibly be as impressed with him as he is with himself, he'll never retire and, quite probably, he'll live forever.

- Jenni Cole

Silly review, I know but here is the funny part:

Contributing Editor: Jenni Cole

...earliest pop-related memories , blah,blah.blah
Past and current musical distractions, etc .... ooops :eek:
She now lives in Putney with a Morrissey obsessive and two cats. :D:D:D

OK,this is a lousy review but I had a laugh when I looked into the journalist bio...

The review first:

The older Morrissey gets, the more he turns into a parody of himself, from the arrogance of the title (which you know he's singing completely without irony) to replacing the beautiful boys of early Smiths sleeves with a photo of himself.
The second of two new songs which recently appeared on his latest Greatest Hits compilation, his army of obsessive fans will already have All You Need Is Me, of course, but this won't stop them from buying this unremarkable, Moz-by-numbers unit shifter all over again.

"You're going to miss me when I'm gone" he croons towards the end. Only Morrissey would have the nerve to write a song about how annoying he is. Of course we'd miss him, but as he'll never be able bear to live without the adulation and God can't possibly be as impressed with him as he is with himself, he'll never retire and, quite probably, he'll live forever.

- Jenni Cole

bit cheeky, but it made me laugh. :D

Funny :D Thanx, justme. Live forever, Moz! :)

Moz WILL live forever!

I can imagine him being a great elderly bloke. Just walking around his care home tutting at everything. He'll probably take up pipe smoking and dominos.

There was another review in "The Sun" yesterday. They gave it 4 stars out of 5.
The ex-Smiths frontman always had a wicked sense of humour and this single is such a refreshing return to his upbeat musings some will claim it a pastiche while others will regard it, rightly, as an example of his pop-like genius.

:D

The review first:

- Jenni Cole

Jenni Cole doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground. In, All You Need Is Me- he's being partially serious but mostly tongue in cheek. And we all know how long that tongue of his is...:)

Heat gave it a good write-up (something about rollicking bass lines or some such).
They mentioned the small fat child lyric and commented on how 'fit' Moz was looking on Jools Holland recently!
Despite the positive review they settled on a 3/5 score...

just to add, it seems like most people are pretty keen on this song (reviewers, fans etc) except those who choose what gets played on the radio...

Here's a review from The Mirror! (4/5)

The Mozmeister is fond of a bit of rough. So, no surprise when this latest piece of self-mythology/self-parody comes in with a battering-ram guitar driven by hobnail-boot beat. For the Morrissey hardcore, the man’s inability to get over himself must be a blessing – it certainly yields more than a few choice lines here. “The naked man standing laughing in your dreams/You know who it is but you don’t like what it means,” he declares. It’s a record you either fall in love with – or take to a psychoanalyst.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/ent...-morrissey-all-you-need-is-me-89520-20418872/

Tags
morrissey new single reviews
Back
Top Bottom