All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only blue moon you will see at the summer gigs are those on bald men and yes bald as in those that do not have to shave to sport a clean hair free head.

Castlefield are proud to announce a new trio that will perform there instead of Moz and all tickets sold are valid on the night.

384sw22yusw93.gif

Doesn't change the fact you no longer exist!

I exist because your post proves this fact. You certainly don't have to be living to exist in one's heart, soul and mind. Being open to the world beyond what the eyes see is a blessing bestowed upon us. Your view of life and what might lay beyond seems extremely limited, and again I am not trying to convince you of anything, but love is limitless. It has the ability to expand much like the universe.

This reminds me of the story John told of when he first fell in love with Yoko after attending one of her art exhibits and walked up a ladder picked up a magnifying glass and he saw:

yokoyes2_slideshow.jpg

They say that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, and perhaps truth lies in the heart of the beholder. My eyes and heart are open to both.

Last edited:
Cor.

I can't be bothered to go through 43 pages of hysteria.

There are three reasons the tour was cancelled. The tour was always going to be a tough sell.

1. Market Saturation / contracts. He finished the biggest solo tour he's ever done of arenas four months ago. Coming back for a second victory lap was meeting demand that wasn't there. The recent shows have been expensive, with his usual somewhat stubborn setlists. Moz has never done a Greatest Hits tour, and so, there's little appeal for the casual fans who would go to see him once every ten years or so. The tour was announced about two months before it happened (see 3). That's not much notice to put down £80 a night for tickets alone - especially as some of his fans aren't megarich. He was also playing some weird markets (Reading?) away from the high population zones.

Also Insurance and Contracts - sort of related to above. Morrissey may be practically uninsurable, or his gigs run on a %age of tickets sold rather than a flat fee. The gigs might not have sold enough tickets to cover the costs of the tour. Moz would rather cancel than play a series of half-full venues with huge drapes at the back.

2. Politics. He's not suffering from being stifled or political correctness. His fanbase has often been quite liberal, and his very public political statements would put off a lot of people. The market makes its own decisions and the customers may have chosen not to buy.

3. The Cure. The Cure and Moz have sometimes very similar fanbases : The Cure sold 80,000 tickets for the Saturday night in London with a very strong supporting bill six months before this tour was announced. It's poor timing on behalf of Moz, and at least a few thousand across the tour have already spent their gig budget on The Cure.

I reckon another thing you foreigners didn't figure out is that proud American and Catholic Steve Paddy Morrissey is not going to be touring foreign countries on July 4th, the day his country destroyed the Brittish and he not going to miss the Morrissey-Sinatra-Rayner Malibu Beach Bash and the annual beach volleyball game and of course fireworks m8 inn n n nn nn n it.

Last edited:
Easy to understand:
When they will have to refund the tickets (and keep some money by the way) following the cancellation of several concerts, cause:
Nov 23, Mexico City
Nov 27, Lima – Cancelled : due to illness in the touring party
Nov 30, Rio de Janeiro – Cancelle : due to illness in the touring party
Dec 2, Sao Paulo – Cancelled : due to illness in the touring party
Dec 5, Asunción
Dec 7, Buenos Aires
Dec 14, Mostazal – Cancelled : due to Moz’s gastroenteritis
Dec 15, Santiago – Cancelled : due to Moz’s gastroenteritis

Please keep this post in your mind and we'll talk about it again in the end november... :pray:doh::head-smack:
Ah ah ah .....

A successful world tour ... Indeed!

1. Market Saturation / contracts. He finished the biggest solo tour he's ever done of arenas four months ago. Coming back for a second victory lap was meeting demand that wasn't there. The recent shows have been expensive, with his usual somewhat stubborn setlists. Moz has never done a Greatest Hits tour, and so, there's little appeal for the casual fans who would go to see him once every ten years or so. The tour was announced about two months before it happened (see 3). That's not much notice to put down £80 a night for tickets alone - especially as some of his fans aren't megarich. He was also playing some weird markets (Reading?) away from the high population zones.
21 gigs for 2017, you called that a "The biggest solo tour he's ever done".... You kidding me?
The shows has been expensive since more 10 years, not only recently!
About the setlist : make some gig with 21 songs and some with 5 song minus for a same price's ticket, that, that is a shame!
According to you, if there are less ticket's sale, it's because the fans are not megarich et he give gigs in a desert places..... Well, I'm speechless.

Cor.
3. The Cure. The Cure and Moz have sometimes very similar fanbases : The Cure sold 80,000 tickets for the Saturday night in London with a very strong supporting bill six months before this tour was announced. It's poor timing on behalf of Moz, and at least a few thousand across the tour have already spent their gig budget on The Cure.
What.... :squiffy:
All the moz's fans will be at Hyde Park for The Cure....... OMG.... I hope they won't be bannished by morriSSey...
Of course, alle the moz's fans are poor and they can't purchase one ticket for The Cure et one ticket for morriSSey...... Once poor, always poor
La la la la

No. Not kidding you. Morrissey has not played a UK arena tour that large before though March 2015 and December 2006 came near to it.

Be speechless all you want : not all his fans can spend £80 a night on a ticket, especially when they saw him four months ago.

And, its not just about money. Many Moz fans are at the age now where you might need babysitters / childcare, and if travelling long distances, hotels. I daresay many people who *may* have been tempted before the scandal would not have gone anyway as they were at The Cure, and those who *may* have been tempted are now smaller in number. His recent press comments have cost him some fans who won't go to see him live again - even if you don't agree with them.

Also, if they went to Night#2 in Manchester, that's a Sunday, and unless you're driving back after the gig, that's a day off work.. not everyone has this option.

Was supposed to be with Moz tonight through in Edinburgh and it would've been my girlfriend's first Moz show. Bit of a downer.

So we went out for a nice Italian meal at Sarti's instead. And now the Springsteen River Tour blu ray from The River box and a killer Valpolicella. The Boss don't suddenly cancel! (Unless you're from NC in 2016). Actually, Bruce did cancel Hamburg on me in 2005, but that was a rare (and very, very sad) incidence.

Moz will be back. We love him, no?

I reckon another thing you foreigners didn't figure out is that proud American and Catholic Steve Paddy Morrissey is not going to be touring foreign countries on July 4th, the day his country destroyed the Brittish and he not going to miss the Morrissey-Sinatra-Rayner Malibu Beach Bash and the annual beach volleyball game and of course fireworks m8 inn n n nn nn n it.
I bought peanut butter cups at Lidl to celebrate the 4th of July.

125094.jpg

Pilla hated the taste!

Cor.

I can't be bothered to go through 43 pages of hysteria.

There are three reasons the tour was cancelled. The tour was always going to be a tough sell.

Also Insurance and Contracts - sort of related to above. Morrissey may be practically uninsurable, or his gigs run on a %age of tickets sold rather than a flat fee. The gigs might not have sold enough tickets to cover the costs of the tour. Moz would rather cancel than play a series of half-full venues with huge drapes at the back.

2. Politics. He's not suffering from being stifled or political correctness. His fanbase has often been quite liberal, and his very public political statements would put off a lot of people. The market makes its own decisions and the customers may have chosen not to buy.

The gigs were cancelled because of poor sales. I was booked to go to the Edinburgh gig and made the trip anyway as I had some work to do in the city. I called in to the Usher Hall on Wednesday morning and asked at the ticket office if they had been given a reason why the gig had been cancelled. I was told that sales were poor and if it had gone ahead then one of the balconies would have been closed off. I imagine it must have been the same in the other venues too. So there you have it - much as I dislike how things have gone recently it is fair to say that Moz has committed career suicide. where does he go from here?

Was supposed to be with Moz tonight through in Edinburgh and it would've been my girlfriend's first Moz show. Bit of a downer.

So we went out for a nice Italian meal at Sarti's instead. And now the Springsteen River Tour blu ray from The River box and a killer Valpolicella. The Boss don't suddenly cancel! (Unless you're from NC in 2016). Actually, Bruce did cancel Hamburg on me in 2005, but that was a rare (and very, very sad) incidence.

Moz will be back. We love him, no?

The answer IS no.

Unless you're the type that gets off on racism and bigotry.

The answer IS no.

Unless you're the type that gets off on racism and bigotry.

Even ignoring the assumptions behind this statement, Skinny presumably thinks that Elvis and Bowie fans "get off" on underage sex, Lennon and Prince fans "get off" on beating up women, Michael Jackson and the Who fans "get off" on paedophilia, PJ Harvey fans "get off" on foxhunting, Kate Bush and Ian Curtis fans "get off" on supporting the Tories, Spector girl group fans "get off" on shooting people, etc, etc. Nothing else could possibly make sense, could it?

21 gigs for 2017, you called that a "The biggest solo tour he's ever done".... You kidding me?
The shows has been expensive since more 10 years, not only recently!
About the setlist : make some gig with 21 songs and some with 5 song minus for a same price's ticket, that, that is a shame!
According to you, if there are less ticket's sale, it's because the fans are not megarich et he give gigs in a desert places..... Well, I'm speechless.

What.... :squiffy:
All the moz's fans will be at Hyde Park for The Cure....... OMG.... I hope they won't be bannished by morriSSey...
Of course, alle the moz's fans are poor and they can't purchase one ticket for The Cure et one ticket for morriSSey...... Once poor, always poor
La la la la
When The Cure did their reflections shows in Los Angeles, Morrissey played directly across the street on the night I caught it. I felt comfortable on the Cure side of the street. Even got a nearly 4 hour concert out of the deal.

No. Not kidding you. Morrissey has not played a UK arena tour that large before though March 2015 and December 2006 came near to it.

Be speechless all you want : not all his fans can spend £80 a night on a ticket, especially when they saw him four months ago.

And, its not just about money. Many Moz fans are at the age now where you might need babysitters / childcare, and if travelling long distances, hotels. I daresay many people who *may* have been tempted before the scandal would not have gone anyway as they were at The Cure, and those who *may* have been tempted are now smaller in number. His recent press comments have cost him some fans who won't go to see him live again - even if you don't agree with them.

Also, if they went to Night#2 in Manchester, that's a Sunday, and unless you're driving back after the gig, that's a day off work.. not everyone has this option.
Only idiots travel for Morrissey shows. Airfare, hotel, time off of work... For what? To be stood scratching your ass looking at a cancelled sign like a confused chimp? Seriously.

It was supposed to read due to circumcision since he's converting to judaism.

Look what Morrissey could have had if hadn’t have been such a gobshite, Paul Heaton and Jaquie Abbot at Castlefied on Friday night.

Saw him here in salt lake, USA last year, what a joke of a concert. Before he came on n stage, nothing but politics, trump hate, etc. I dont care about all that, was hoping for great Smiths/Morrissey music, but instead left the venue not happy, wondering what happened to the music I loved. If he were to tour as the Smith's, no politics, and came out every night regardless of temperature, image the fan base that would flock.

Saw him here in salt lake, USA last year, what a joke of a concert. Before he came on n stage, nothing but politics, trump hate, etc. I dont care about all that, was hoping for great Smiths/Morrissey music, but instead left the venue not happy, wondering what happened to the music I loved. If he were to tour as the Smith's, no politics, and came out every night regardless of temperature, image the fan base that would flock.
Welcome to the new world. That is what we get for feeding those lefties instead of killing them at birth.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom