All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - TTY

Press release - true-to-you.net

26 October 2012

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother's health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
74 is nothing, my nans 84 and she's fit as a fiddle and smokes 10 a day still.

Exactly...people worry as soon as the word "hospital" is mentioned, but surely for now we should try to stay optimistic. I think if it was life-threatening then Morrissey would have cancelled the whole tour, no questions asked and no mention of re-scheduled dates. He's just being a good son and seeing that she recovers properly.

Last edited:
You're right...it's ridiculously morbid to assume that anyone could die at any time once they hit 70.

Anyone could die at any time, period - just look at what happened to Jerry Finn. But that's not really the point, is it? It is morbid, and in incredibly poor taste, to say things like "the end is in sight" when we haven't got the first clue what is wrong with her.

Exactly...people worry as soon as the word "hospital" is mentioned, but surely for now we should try to stay optimistic. I think if it was life-threatening then Morrissey would have cancelled the whole tour, no questions asked and no mention of re-scheduled dates. He'd just being a good son and seeing that she recovers properly.

First of all, no one here is saying he is not a "good son" by being attentive to his elderly mother who has taken ill and has been hospitalized. I wasn't going to the Chicago show (and no, it was not an issue of money :lbf:) so it doesn't affect me personally that he cancelled.

But as for the whole optimism thing, yes of course one should be optimistic whenever possible but not at the expense of being realistic. There's a very sad and ridiculous belief that has become circulated through modern western culture that old age doesn't really happen and that sickness and death are somehow detached, rare occurrences in the human experience.

Yes someone can live to be 80, 90, even 100...but it's relatively rare and it should not be used to blind us to the hard reality that after 70 it's a crap shoot. Even today, even with modern medicine. Dying is a part of life. A child being diagnosed with leukemia? That's tragic. A man in his 40s getting killed in a car crash? Very unexpected and unnecessary. But a woman in her 70s becoming ill and dying? Sad for the family involved, yes... but also very, very normal and natural, and in fact this is generally what waits for all of us.

OK, David, Peter, Kewpie, or whoever is moderating this shit ~ is this making you feel good? Does this make your heart swell with pride? Or is this just what 'freedom' looks like? At a time like this just shut this thread down until you can somehow prevent the pondscum from posting in it.

Quite possibly the lowest point in solo's history.

OK, David, Peter, Kewpie, or whoever is moderating this shit ~ is this making you feel good? Does this make your heart swell with pride? Or is this just what 'freedom' looks like? At a time like this just shut this thread down until you can somehow prevent the pondscum from posting in it.

Quite possibly the lowest point in solo's history.

Stop ruining this thread with your ceaseless bitching. I'm trying to grieve over here.

First of all, no one here is saying he is not a "good son" by being attentive to his elderly mother who has taken ill and has been hospitalized. I wasn't going to the Chicago show (and no, it was not an issue of money :lbf:) so it doesn't affect me personally that he cancelled.

But as for the whole optimism thing, yes of course one should be optimistic whenever possible but not at the expense of being realistic. There's a very sad and ridiculous belief that has become circulated through modern western culture that old age doesn't really happen and that sickness and death are somehow detached, rare occurrences in the human experience.

Yes someone can live to be 80, 90, even 100...but it's relatively rare and it should not be used to blind us to the hard reality that after 70 it's a crap shoot. Even today, even with modern medicine. Dying is a part of life. A child being diagnosed with leukemia? That's tragic. A man in his 40s getting killed in a car crash? Very unexpected and unnecessary. But a woman in her 70s becoming ill and dying? Sad for the family involved, yes... but also very, very normal and natural, and in fact this is generally what waits for all of us.

You are essentially forecasting a woman's death based on her age, without knowing anything about her illness or prior level of health etc etc. You're not being "realistic" because you don't know the facts of the situation and nor does anyone else. Your logic is - she's old, she's gonna die soon, that's the way of the world & Moz better suck it up and deal with it. Are you a robot or what?

You are essentially forecasting a woman's death based on her age, without knowing anything about her illness or prior level of health etc etc. You're not being "realistic" because you don't know the facts of the situation and nor does anyone else. Your logic is - she's old, she's gonna die soon, that's the way of the world & Moz better suck it up and deal with it. Are you a robot or what?

Well, she is old and is going to die at some point. If she doesn't die now, she will die sooner than the amount of years she's already lived...that is all he is saying, Amy...it's science.

Calm down, man. If you actually read what I wrote I wasn't being callous at all. I just wasn't offering the same rote blind dumb "get well soon" bullshit that everyone else is...to a guy WHO HATES THIS SITE AND DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE PEOPLE ON IT.

I stand by everything I wrote...my father was in the hospital recently, nearly died, and it was sad and tough but I used the same logic to see myself through it. Just have to hope for the best while realizing, "hey, when it's over it's over."

Realism over optimism any day.

Well, she is old and is going to die at some point. If she doesn't die now, she will die sooner than the amount of years she's already lived...that is all he is saying, Amy...it's science.

Of course. But can't he (and you) see how tasteless and disrespectful it is to talk about her as though she's dying now, without any knowledge of her health?

Of course. But can't he (and you) see how tasteless and disrespectful it is to talk about her as though she's dying now, without any knowledge of her health?

I didn't say she was dying, I said she will die. If not now, then soon. I said that was sad but it's life, once you hit your 70s. Everyone is thinking it, and you know that. Don't shoot the messenger.

Couldn't agree more

Calm down, man. If you actually read what I wrote I wasn't being callous at all. I just wasn't offering the same rote blind dumb "get well soon" bullshit that everyone else is...to a guy WHO HATES THIS SITE AND DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE PEOPLE ON IT.

I stand by everything I wrote...my father was in the hospital recently, nearly died, and it was sad and tough but I used the same logic to see myself through it. Just have to hope for the best while realizing, "hey, when it's over it's over."

Realism over optimism any day.

I'm pretty sure Morrissey is more aware of that than anyone. It doesn't mean that we should act as though she's already gone. Since when did glibly being told, "Hey, death is a part of life" ever make bereavement or illness easier to handle.

Since when did glibly being told, "Hey, death is a part of life" ever make bereavement or illness easier to handle.

Never...because most people live in a fantasy world.

As a better writer than Morrissey once said...

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know what to do if I had already booked a hotel for a date in Tx??

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom