All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - TTY

Press release - true-to-you.net

26 October 2012

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother's health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best wishes to Morrissey and his family. They are all in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

AHHHHH! Seriously you - f*** right off!!!!!

What has that got to do with this situation? The man's mother is ill, he postpones dates. What would you do? Your comment was incredibly stupid. If there is derision or cynicality (and what sort of word is that?) relating to previous occurences then it does not belong on this thread

#lovetobetty

NO - YOUR response is incredibly naive...Morrissey has a history of cancelling at the drop of a hat (and specifically dropping dates due to personal "illness" a.k.a poor ticket sales) - I don't think anyone is stupid enough to believe that is occuring this time - but if you see any cynical comments, its due to that history...and btw Stalin - since when do you make the call of what belongs on this thread???...based upon your rationale - your own post doesn't belong...assclown!

I don't anyone here has anything but (at the very least superficial) sympathy for someone whose mother has just been hospitalized.

I think the bulk of any derision or cynicality in this thread stems from how many times, for so many different reasons, Morrissey has cancelled or postponed his shows tour after tour.

No, the bulk of the derision and "cynicality" (er, that would be "cynicism" to the rest of the Engllish-speaking world, I think) stems from the fact that most of the people who post here are not Morrissey fans and don't possess an ounce of intelligence or compassion; they are ignorant, self-absorbed bedroom critics whose only sense of power stems from their ability to post vitriol on internet forums. The fact that you appear to be excusing them is predictable and demonstrates why So_Low is despised.

AHHHHH! Seriously you - f*** right off!!!!!

What has that got to do with this situation? The man's mother is ill, he postpones dates. What would you do?

Well I don't like my mother so I'd probably keep the dates I'd promised.

Your comment was incredibly stupid. If there is derision or cynicality (and what sort of word is that?)?

It means "marked by or a state of cynicism." Also, it's a Superdrag song.

relating to previous occurences then it does not belong on this thread

And neither do you, yet here you both are...what a strange world!

#lovetobetty

#blowme

Are you talking about the old tale of the boy who cried wolf Skylarker ?

Sure.

Derision or cynicality perpetuated by whom? .

Anyone here daring to say express any sentiment less than totally sympathetic regarding the cancellation issue.

Superficial concern? I may not know Morrissey personally but he's played a big part in my life.

I said "at the very least superficial" meaning that although NOBODY here really knows Morrissey at all, but they can still -to be nice, caring, well meaning people- express words of condolences on a web forum he despises. As opposed to offering genuine emotion and consolation to a real person in your real life who has lost a loved one or is dealing with the illness of a family member. There's a difference. The sentiments here are all well and good, but are inherently groundless.

Empty vessels really do make the most noise. Sometimes mate just shut the f*** up. You come across all Mark Chapmanesque.

Really? Because Chapman shot and killed Lennon. Are you saying that what I've stated is tantamount to stalking and execution? You are? Then you must truly have your head so far up Morrissey ass that it's probably pointless to debate this with you.

No, the bulk of the derision and "cynicality" (er, that would be "cynicism" to the rest of the Engllish-speaking world, I think) stems from the fact that most of the people who post here are not Morrissey fans and don't possess an ounce of intelligence or compassion; they are ignorant, self-absorbed bedroom critics whose only sense of power stems from their ability to post vitriol on internet forums. The fact that you appear to be excusing them is predictable and demonstrates why So_Low is despised.

It's not called So_Low, it's called Solo. Oh wait, I get it...you're using the name Morrissey gave it. How cute. He'd give you a gold star!

And I found it here on So-Lo Moz...you might want to open your heart to the person who cared from day one (David T). My Family send their prayers and best wishes to your Mom.

I wonder why she's ill, has there been any light shed on why she's in hospital? I hope it's nothing serious, and that him and his mum are OK.

I wonder why she's ill, has there been any light shed on why she's in hospital? I hope it's nothing serious, and that him and his mum are OK.

She's old, very old. And when you get old, you tend to die. It's sad, yes. But it's life.

Even if she pulls through this time...the end is surely in sight. Hold on, I think I'm going to cry.

She's old, very old. And when you get old, you tend to die. It's sad, yes. But it's life.

Even if she pulls through this time...the end is surely in sight. Hold on, I think I'm going to cry.

tumblr_lmfzbvAu0v1qj19e2.gif

Alright no need to be sarky, I'm guessing she's in her early 80's anyway, you never know though she might have another 10, 15 years left, them Manc Irish folk are as hard as nails.

Alright no need to be sarky, I'm guessing she's in her early 80's anyway, you never know though she might have another 10, 15 years left, them Manc Irish folk are as hard as nails.

I saw a picture of her when she was younger and now I'm as hard as a nail, let me tell you...

Viva and Skylarker, we all realize you have mommy issues and are working it out here by being f***tards, but could you show a little empathy and reign it in? Kthx.

Agreed. She's 74 and the odd health issue is inevitable, but people shouldn't take it as some sort of signal that she's at death's door. By that morbid logic, Moz only has 20 or so years left himself.

Agreed. She's 74 and the odd health issue is inevitable, but people shouldn't take it as some sort of signal that she's at death's door. By that morbid logic, Moz only has 20 or so years left himself.

74 is nothing, my nans 84 and she's fit as a fiddle and smokes 10 a day still.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom