All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - TTY

Press release - true-to-you.net

26 October 2012

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother's health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your comment is to be taken seriously, then that would mean I would be the second biggest homosexual to have resided inside her womb...correct?

tumblr_m4le5hLlSm1rwmc9ao1_500.gif

OK, David, Peter, Kewpie, or whoever is moderating this shit ~ is this making you feel good? Does this make your heart swell with pride? Or is this just what 'freedom' looks like? At a time like this just shut this thread down until you can somehow prevent the pondscum from posting in it.

Quite possibly the lowest point in solo's history.

I am truly sorry for the postponement and really hope Morrissey's mother gets well soon.

Personally it is really sad to see some rude people keep posting unkind comments about Morrissey and his family.

However, this site gives a platform for discussions.

Some rude comments from minority DO NOT reflect site administrator and moderators' opinions regarding Morrissey's mother.

These users only show their stupidity and nastiness to the world.

All the registered users are given ignore function to block comments from selected users as well as anonymous users.

...There were times when I could have murdered her
But, you know, I would hate anything to happen to her
No, I don't want to see her
Do you really think she'll pull through?

...There were times when I could have strangled her
But, you know, I would hate anything to happen to her
Would you please let me see her?!

Let me whisper my last goodbyes
I know - it's serious...

Last edited:
That sucks, selfishly I hope the Aus dates aren't effected after all this time and all these false starts, but it's totally understandable. Just gotta hope things go well for him and his mum!

They're showing their stupidity and nastiness to the world but you're enabling them to do it anonymously. Clearly the anonymous posters aren't being held responsible for their comments but to a large degree, neither are the registered users. There's no transparency behind a forum I.D., which leaves a platform for the gutless, not for discussion.

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm all for Betty getting well and leaving the hospital...if only so that when the bill comes she can call them up and say, "don't you think you've been paid enough already?"

Thoughts and prayers are with Morrissey during this difficult time

Morrissey is a hero and savior to many. I included. We should all be preying for him and his Family. Not bad mouthing or making a joke of his situation. Just as many of us are willing to reschedule our daily lives to go to a concert or follow him on tour. I know I would do just as he did and postponed my tour to to be with my mother. You are all selfish cock suckers and remember you reep what you sow. VIVA MOZ. Good Bless you and your mom.

97 Rivera Chicago 7 songs sick, 2012 congress October postponed, 2012 Chicago theater postponed. You have killed me! So many times screwed by the man. This was suppose to be me last day of freedom from baby prison. I guess I just haven't earned yet baby!

I happen to be glad there's still men in this world who love their mothers. Mine in particular taught me to read, and she and I have endured quite a bit of poverty and various issues till the present time. Morrissey's own mother was a librarian, and I can imagine his consumption of Oscar Wilde and A.E. Housman had been inspired by their times together. Then, perhaps, I can boast a little of having this in common with him. Folks on here in their disappointment have said some rather uncouth things, and I wish for them to regret their comments, and most, I imagine, probably will in the subsequent days or weeks when they get to actually thinking about it. I was 16 when Noel and Liam Gallagher, via Oasis, were scheduled to show in Charlotte, NC, and when they canceled it over some sort of a fight over (I can stand correction) a crumpet. I and my family were livid; I just find that my mother, and likewise Mr. Morrissey's mother, both possess more value than anything or anyone else I can imagine, even crumpets and concerts. Keep in mind how much of our fascination with Morrissey involves that fact he is a real man and thus is bound to have that connection with the person who not just gave life to him but gave life to a musical and literary genius.

An ailing parent is something many of us have faced, or will face. I'm sure that Ms Dwer will get the best treatment that Morrissey can find for her and that's important. It's only pop music. Not life. My wishes to the Morrissey family.

Situations like this show the true character of people. There are some complete low lifes out there. There are also some really good folk. Surround yourself with the good folk. The rest are nothing.

I hope Morrissey`s mum gets well soon.

Thanks for posting the song by The Cure Skylarker . It's beautiful and fits right in with the topic of this thread . Think I'll give it another listen and contemplate

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom