Albumism review by Libby Cudmore: IANADOAC 0/5

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the thing that’s forgotten about the Sex Pistols is that they were actually a great Rock and Roll band.

Jesus. That was my view. We’re you in N13 & then moved as far forward as possible?

I was in N5. Which was slightly annoying because he kept looking stage right. I should have picked the other side!

As long as I didn’t look behind me. If you were down there (and I did lower a human down, who took the leap of death) I’m sure you loved it. At the front, I would’ve wanted more; in the gods I needed more. That night was about the first 10 rows. The rest could whistle. I whistled. It was my 30th Moz gig.
Sorry to hear you didn't think much of it. Obviously Wembley is a terrible venue, which is why I knew standing and making sure to be near the front was the only way to make the best of it. But I thought it was a very impressive peformance. Voice amazing. And also he spared us I Bury the Living!

I was in N5. Which was slightly annoying because he kept looking stage right. I should have picked the other side!
He can ignore people from all angles. You would’ve left still ignored. I was one of the few that made it on stage at the Meltdown festival; he stared at my Morrissey T-shirt.

No, but what I do see is that you think you have a command of the English language & you are impressed with your own performances here on a regular basis...almost to narcissistic levels. Problem is, it's only the fool you that you're succeeding in impressing. Everyone else is just mocking or blocking you, so most of your best efforts are sadly wasted. Interesting character you are...a waster, yes, but an interesting one nonetheless. I'll watch out for you.
I clearly impress you sufficiently that you can't resist responding to my comments over and over again. And what impresses me is that you manage to use so many words to say so little.

You're furious. Like a lot of the Morrissey bum-suckers on this site you are in a permanent state of ferment over some perceived slight or other against your pop idol. It's one of the reasons I can't take Morrissey seriously any more - that most of his 'fans' on here are in a permanent paroxysm of impotent rage. It blinds you to the fact that you all bleat on about Morrissey's right to offend whilst immediately piling on to anyone who has the temerity to offend you. That's some hypocrisy and double standards right there.

Hey goofy, read your post and then apply to yourself

Hey goofy, read your post and then apply to yourself
palaptine anger.jpg

He can ignore people from all angles. You would’ve left still ignored. I was one of the few that made it on stage at the Meltdown festival; he stared at my Morrissey T-shirt.

? Wee soul. You could never accuse him of being a social butterfly.

Sorry to hear you didn't think much of it. Obviously Wembley is a terrible venue, which is why I knew standing and making sure to be near the front was the only way to make the best of it. But I thought it was a very impressive peformance. Voice amazing. And also he spared us I Bury the Living!

I saw him there on his first solo London date in 91. You would have wet yourself. It was manic.

Nice one, I was on stage at his Sheffield gig in 95 and am captured on the Introducing Morrissey video, which my kids laugh at every time they see it!!

Hilarious from the usuals:

Positive review: "Yaaay! What an affirmation! A good objective appraisal"

Not positive review: "Booo! What a travesty! A bad objective appraisal"

Never once asking why what is right with the reviewers they agree with has the same logical starting point as what is wrong with the reviewers they disagree with. Must be something wrong with them, right?

One thing is certain: there is most definitely something very wrong with you.

You’re in absolutely no position to judge anybody else.

Stupid bitch

We are giving her attention. By giving a zero, WHICH NO REVIEW SHOULD EVER GET. She is trying to get her 15 minutes of fame. How sad....she has become what she is fighting against and doesn't even know it!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I love your Smiths book that is in the photo. Got hypocrite much?

looks like a f***ing youtuber.any man looks like her the wrong way and she will have you up in court for sexual assault,wouldnt look at her sideways the ugly f***.
Shame on you boy 9 should never talk about a woman that way.... unless she a big birtha ( I’m in benny speak) still wink, wink

She is right about "What Kind Of People Live In These Houses" sounding kind of like David Byrne. I was going to come and write that because I've just been listening to the record and noticed it.
The steel guitar part sounds a lot like "Nothing But Flowers" and the "nobody cares what kind of people live in these houses" is a lot like the early Talking Heads song "The Big Country" which talks about how the people below live and how their lives look when you're watching from an airplane seeing places you'll never visit if you can help it. "I wouldn't live there if you paid me" is a line from that song and if Morrissey wants to do more covers those would be a couple of contenders. Johnny Marr even plays on "Nothing But Flowers," and both of those Talking Heads songs feature a steel guitar.
A David Byrne/Morrissey collaboration would really confuse the critics. I hope it happens sometime.
As far as this review she doesn't really have much credibility but she was right on this one point.
I don't know how a song "could have been great ten years ago" but now somehow isn't.
It sounds like she's making a desperate attempt to derail Morrissey like some of the people that post here every day. And she calls herself a fan, so I agree she is someone who has invested too much of herself into an image she had of Morrissey and now feels spiteful over being tricked somehow.

I'm not excusing the things he has said in the past few years but I'm so happy to have a really great new record that I don't really care anymore. It should be about the songs. If you're idolizing someone that you don't know it's never healthy and that is the real lesson. If you think Morrissey would like you or care about you well, maybe you need that, but you should try to get that from someone you actually can know and have a conversation with. Fandom is only healthy for young people who are developing their identities and while we can remain attached to artists that meant something to us it's better to have some perspective or you'll wind up disappointed.
What an interesting review! Thanks.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom