About Ketamine Sun and her complaints about ratings

Is it more hypocrital or just generic brain damage to use the system one protests against

• hypocritical

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • brain-damaged

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • both?

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
You rang. Chiming in here with my thoughts on this...

I think we all have very strong personalities and sometimes that results in certain conflicts. I believe we are quite capable of being understanding, but also of posting some biting and hurtful posts if we so choose. Sarcasm has a tendency to fall flat when delivered in a written format.

Each of us have hijacked a thread or two like a United Airlines plane on 9/11. Bad taste or funny? Does this make you angry, laugh, shake your head, etc.? This is the difference between a :thumbsdown: or :thumbsup: or :lbf: or :crazy: type rating.

As a good, non-practicing, non-believing Catholic, I try to live by their "Do unto Others" mantra. I really don't see any good that comes from negative ratings. In a zen sense, I feel that acting out in a negative way opens one's self up to internalizing the negativity. The high road i.e. "The road less traveled" is most often the best one to take. Although a good knock down, drag out verbal mud wrestling match can be fun every once in a while. :brows:

I could not help but laugh at the Troll rating after delivering such a compelling argument.

I could not help but laugh at the Troll rating after delivering such a compelling argument.

Yes quite. I have called out Biebs as anon poster id# 743... and now I am a target of his insanity. It's funny because after weeks of his trolling I kind of like it when he downvotes my posts beacause then I know I got to him, and that is as rewarding as a thumbs up from a friendly poster.

He is too stupid to realize that if he wanted to be ironic he would give me a thumbs up instead of his obvious, expected troll ratings. Either way, I always suggest that anons register because it gives those who have more than one marble in their head a chance to get a clearer picture of who we are corresponding with. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but troll ratings will never hurt me. :)

It is a combination of things. Clearly you can troll with these and at least you are clear why you are doing it. But if you don't think you are trolling and use it in a arbitrary way anyway, then I feel it comes down to moral character.

Guess what I'm asking is is it worth it, the rating system. Do people like getting things like interesting or like attached to there posts enough to put up with thread fights over the subject and the bickering it causes notto mention festering longer term animosity . Overall do people care about or enjoy the ratings system. I'm curious about the general opinion

It is a combination of things. Clearly you can troll with these and at least you are clear why you are doing it. But if you don't think you are trolling and use it in a arbitrary way anyway, then I feel it comes down to moral character.

And remember, the same two prong test can be applied to morrissey and his years of verbal shenanigans. So, am I really surprised that fans would act the same way, no, and it's one of the reasons I'm not offended by it.

Given the way the voting system is articulated, the only option to avoid being trolled with negative votes is, like Ketamine Sun said, not posting at all. If you don't mind trolls or negative votes because you are here just because of Morrissey, like me, then you go on with your activity. Or not. Who cares?

Given the way the voting system is articulated, the only option to avoid being trolled with negative votes is, like Ketamine Sun said, not posting at all. If you don't mind trolls or negative votes because you are here just because of Morrissey, like me, then you go on with your activity. Or not. Who cares?

^^ THIS ^^
So true, countthree. :D :thumb:

View attachment 40683

I'm asking everyone to rate her posts off topic, troll, redundant, or just "don't like" since she has hijacked many threads to whine about the ratings and then uses them herself.

Why should the members of the forum down vote and give someone negative ratings just because u have a problem with that person ?
I think Ketamine Sun has a good point 2 be made about the ratings system and Is fully entitled 2 make her point known ect theres nothing wrong in objecting 2 somthing if thats what u feel is nessaccery.

The whole ratings sytsem is, of course, designed 2 do just one thing and judging by the comments from the other members of the fourm, Including my own objections of being given TROLL rating all the time, WITHOUT GOOD REASON !!!!! its doing its job quite nicley!

Further more I dont think Biebs is calamine lotion, although I cud be wrong, theres a first time 4 everything I supose !! I think I know who is using this username only 2 cast negative ratings !
Others my be fooled........ but not me!

i have compelling evidence that biebs is calamine lotion

Guess what I'm asking is is it worth it, the rating system. Do people like getting things like interesting or like attached to there posts enough to put up with thread fights over the subject and the bickering it causes notto mention festering longer term animosity . Overall do people care about or enjoy the ratings system. I'm curious about the general opinion

How curious are you? I mean you would have to collect the statistics from all individual posters, members and anonymous posters to get a notion of the general opinion.
So here is mine: :)
I don't care. (anymore) :thumb:
Cheers

i have compelling evidence that biebs is calamine lotion

Upon further reflection u cud b rite rifke, calamine Lotion is fond of posting silly pictures up in relpy 2 someones post, the same is true of biebs, not sure anymore !
Who knows ? and who really cares !
But I DO know one person here who is using a few alternative usernames 2 troll the forum, its easy 2 tell by what and how they write !

Its a wonder the simpleminded simian skankmeister known as Biebs isn't rating all these posts redundant. The whole thing is a bit childish when people abuse voting buttons.

I know...just trying to be more like Morrissey ;)
sorry, but you have to be sexy to be able to get away with racism. do YOU have an eyebrow ridge like a craggily handsome character out of a 19th century romance novel? do YOU have the skull of an ubermensch? the stately bearing of a god? the chest of a... ship captain? yeah... no. i dont think so. you cant be racist.

sorry, but you have to be sexy to be able to get away with racism. do YOU have an eyebrow ridge like a craggily handsome character out of a 19th century romance novel? do YOU have the skull of an ubermensch? the stately bearing of a god? the chest of a... ship captain? yeah... no. i dont think so. you cant be racist.

Ha,ha, I really had to laugh about this. So funny. I was eating some grapes but now I bit on my tongue :tears:.
That's my punishment for liking your posts. :(

Its a wonder the simpleminded simian skankmeister known as Biebs isn't rating all these posts redundant. The whole thing is a bit childish when people abuse voting buttons.

But what amuses me the most, he or she is rating posts in the off-topic forum as off-topic. :lbf:
If you rate a post as off-topic in a off-topic forum it becomes on-topic and the whole thread should be dragged to an on-topic forum. :brows:
Which one? I don't know off course. :ha-no:
Please rate this off-topic Biebs cause otherwise you would dissapoint me. :laughing:
Thanks in advance!

Edit: so funny, it has been rated redundant! :)
Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
i'm shocked, it really wasnt that funny:p sorry about your tongue!!

It's okay Rifke.
I'll survive. :drama:
Maybe no more grapes for me as they tend to get sour as well. :squiffy:
And they are supposed to be collected by illegal workers as well here in Europe.
Which makes me change my mind again, for I don't want them to lose their job.:sick:
'T was funny. I maintain. :p

Tags
stfu
Back
Top Bottom