A word of warmth to the line organisers at Moz gigs

dom

Thats How People Throw Up
Just wanted to drop a quick (late) post to say how touched i was (before the Albert Hall gig) that there was a queeing list being made for people who had been queeing there the longest.

For those who are dedicated enough to arrive from lands afar and get there at 4/5/6 in the morning, this is a lovely gestue for them and one that im sure would make the long journey and tiredness of the hours melt away if that was done for me.

I don't know if people think this is a stupid thing to thread on, but i personally had never known this to be a thing that happened at Morrissey gigs nor do i know the people who organise it, but to them, and all who organise this, you are good souls .. and i wanted you to know that, and thank you for you kindness.

Nice things are ... nice, and worth bringing to light

x

It's happened at all the European gigs I've been to (2/4), and it's certainly a good idea, but I've seen it result in some silly tiffs.

In Prague some Germans showed up at 4pm and the French who had been there since 8 tried to enforce the line, but the Germans protested that it was somehow 'unfair'. Hostile words were exchanged in a number of languages. And it just adds to the pre-gig stress and animosity between fans.

And when additional doors open or there's a muck-up with the box office, there are sometimes feelings hurt (and physical body parts). I'd like to see the crew at the venues take a bigger part in planning and securing the queue. Morrissey's roadies have stepped out and had words with the venue organizers about protocol, but it doesn't always help.

Love the List, though. I have one as a souvenir.

I absolutely agree with you as I and my fellows Aub & Nico joined the queue at RAH at 6.30 in the morning.
This is a perfect "rule" to respect the rank in line.
I also thanks the people who do these lists on tour. I am sometimes one of them when I am the first. It is not rare but many Brits beat the French at that game :)

It is not new and we do that since a long long time, it is great !!
Come over at 6am the next time, and if no one is here then take a piece of paper and put your name at the top of the LIST ;);):D:D

Cheers.

Guillaume
Paris - FRANCE

Last edited:
I agree, p'tit Fantôme, those crazy Continentals-- all charm and arrogance. Don't you think, Gui-gui?

And those barbaric Amurikans don't even have lists!

The lists are stupid :crazy:

Once I get through the doors I will run and if I get in front of someone who was in front of me in the queue, well that's too bad. I never push in when I'm actually queuing though and anyway, most people (in England at least) understand the concept of queuing.

I have never seen the lists in Scandinavia, don't know if there are suchs. But I've always found it easy just to walk to the very front, straight into pit, no bruises, no any other fysical injuries, no panic. These have been small venues, maybe even not soldout. Here in Hamburg venue was seated and I thought Oh crap, but it turned out to be an excellent thing!
In my experience Brits know how to queue. Germans, Frenchs, Italians have no idea! This can be seen in every day life.

I have never seen the lists in Scandinavia, don't know if there are suchs. But I've always found it easy just to walk to the very front, straight into pit, no bruises, no any other fysical injuries, no panic. These have been small venues, maybe even not soldout. Here in Hamburg venue was seated and I thought Oh crap, but it turned out to be an excellent thing!
In my experience Brits know how to queue. Germans, Frenchs, Italians have no idea! This can be seen in every day life.
Don't generalize !!
I am French and I think I know how queing, sorry !!
And I did gigs in Scandinavia, if you consider Danmark and Sweden, as scandinavian countries. Yes, no, maybe ??
And I promise there were some lists at some gigs. I remember Boras this year and it has been perfectly managed by us.
So of course if you joined the queue at 6pm :), the queue is already formed (because of the list) and you cannot see the list.
A list helps but in some countries it is not necesary I guess :lbf:

Last edited:
Don't generalize !!
I am French and I think I know how queing, sorry !!
And I did gigs in Scandinavia, if you consider Danmark and Sweden, as scandinavian countries. Yes, no, maybe ??
And I promise there were some lists at some gigs. I remember Boras this year and it has been perfectly managed by us.
So of course if you joined the queue at 6pm :), the queue is already formed (because of the list) and you cannot see the list.
A list helps but in some countries it is not necesary I guess :lbf:

Yes, Denmark and Sweden are Scandinavian countries. I didn't know if there were such lists used/needed in Scandinavia, now I know (always something to learn). And I haven't never seen the lists because I join the queue at (dare I even say it) 8pm, or even later, so the doors are already open and most of the people are in. It's awful, I know, I must be missing a lots of nice things -and people, too! Try to make it earlier next time.:)
And I love the idea of the list! It's so sophisticated. But just like you say, I too believe that a list isn't needed in every country or every venue.
"This can be seen in every day life." with every day life I mean EVERY DAY LIFE, queuing to see Morrissey isn't every day life to me, unfortunately :p

Well, in Berlin they had a list as well. At first I thought it was a great thing. I showed up some hours early and got spot 20 or something around. I then left the venue and walked around Berlin, grabbed something to eat etc. When I came back to the venue half an hour before it opened, there were 3 queues. I asked some people if they got numbers, they didn't know what I was talking about. The list really didn't work at all, noone cared about it.
Luckily I was still able to make it to the 2nd row :thumb:, but I surely won't rely on the list anymore....

Well, in Berlin they had a list as well. At first I thought it was a great thing. I showed up some hours early and got spot 20 or something around. I then left the venue and walked around Berlin, grabbed something to eat etc. When I came back to the venue half an hour before it opened, there were 3 queues. I asked some people if they got numbers, they didn't know what I was talking about. The list really didn't work at all, noone cared about it.
Luckily I was still able to make it to the 2nd row :thumb:, but I surely won't rely on the list anymore....

Well, you just perfectly demonstrated my problem with the list. The list is perfect and it enables you to go for a coffee, a snack, a toiletbreak. But showing up early to put your name on the list and then walking off (going back to sleep or whatever) until half an hour before the doors open is just not done. It's not fair on people that show up after you, but have to stamina to stay put until the show starts.

Well, you just perfectly demonstrated my problem with the list. The list is perfect and it enables you to go for a coffee, a snack, a toiletbreak. But showing up early to put your name on the list and then walking off (going back to sleep or whatever) until half an hour before the doors open is just not done. It's not fair on people that show up after you, but have to stamina to stay put until the show starts.

Amen :bow:

I agree with you. When we do a list we can leave few times for a coffee or a snack but not longer than 30 minutes. Usually the 20 first people of a list stay all day long standing in front of the venue and for 10 hours. What you describe (put your name in the morning then come back 30 minutes before the doors open) it is, sorry, stupid !!! It is unfair of course and not the usual "rule".
In general the early queuers in Europe know eachothers and it works perfectly because everybody stay in front of the venue.

Last edited:

I don't really get this. Why it's unfair to leave for a longer, when all the others have the opportunity to do so as well? What's the point in standing in the line when you don't have to because of the list? If you are enjoying the experience and maybe think it's part of going to a Moz gig, that is fine with me, but I don't see how you then complain about people leaving who think differently. Guilaume just said, the 20 first people don't leave the line when there is a list. So what difference does the list make? Obviously none. My opinion is, when there is a list, everyone should be able to use it. If everyone who felt like it left the line and came 30 minutes before the opening, everything would be great. If some feel to rather stay, what's the problem?

I didn't show up extra early just to put my name down and leave. I didn't know there was a list in the first place and was ready to stand in line all the hours to the opening. But then someone approached me and told me about the list. She said I could come back right before the opening and eveything would be cool (she didn't know they would open several doors). I was very pleased to hear this because I travelled several hours to Berlin and now had the chance to rest and check the city (I've never been there before). So I really don't see your problem with this...

The lists are stupid :crazy:

Once I get through the doors I will run and if I get in front of someone who was in front of me in the queue, well that's too bad. I never push in when I'm actually queuing though and anyway, most people (in England at least) understand the concept of queuing.

That's not the point.

The point is that it is a very nice gesture.

Tags
dontskipkthxbai getalifeadam havemanners! list is life name's not down not coming in obey the list!
Back
Top Bottom