5,751,133 people listen to Morrissey's lyrics every month on Spotify

INCREDIBLE NUMBERS FOR MOZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

BOBBY IS ALREADY GOLD AND KILLING IT!!! AMAZING!!:rock:

The monthly listeners on Spotify for both The Smiths and Morrissey have increased!

The Smiths now have 5,018,866 Monthly Listeners on Spotify.

Morrissey now has 1,750,874 Monthly Listeners on Spotify.

Morrissey's monthly listeners on Spotify have increased.

He now has 1,800,136 Monthly Listeners!

Morrissey's monthly listeners on Spotify have increased.

He now has 1,800,136 Monthly Listeners!

Just to put this in perspective New Order (another Manchester artist, in case you didn't know) have 4,523,024 monthly listeners.

Just to put this in perspective New Order (another Manchester artist, in case you didn't know) have 4,523,024 monthly listeners.

Don't know what your point is?

The Beatles have 21,374,617 Monthly Listeners.

Taylor Swift has 35,012,055 Monthly Listeners.

Johnny Marr has 238,302 Monthly Listeners.

Another increase!

Now at 664,701 Followers!

Morrissey should hit around 740,000 Spotify followers by the end of the year!

Eye yoused maffs two wurk it owt. Eye lyk maffs eye doo.

Another increase in followers!

Now at 666,465 Followers!

Monthly listeners have increased as well.

Now at 1,830,542 Monthly Listeners.

f*** off to James site and forum Tosser

that loser group James does not have a forum. They are unknown tossers, specially the cluck lead singer who puts clairol in his fu manchu beard.:censored:

That isn’t so good. Bobby was at about 200,000 after the same amount of time.

yes, I know, but I’m only on Spotify on my mobile. No cursor there...

You can see the effect of BMG not giving a f*** anymore. No pluggers to push the songs to the radio, no sign of videos or physical singles, no praising comments from Korda Marshall. Huge tantrums are expected from Morrissey in the near future.

You can see the effect of BMG not giving a f*** anymore. No pluggers to push the songs to the radio, no sign of videos or physical singles, no praising comments from Korda Marshall. Huge tantrums are expected from Morrissey in the near future.

It's interesting that his record company have done this...or are doing this (i.e. nothing, or so it would seem).
I have no idea how these things are supposed to work, but surely they have contractual obligations to an out-going artist?
I would have thought they might have tried it bit harder to recoup some last minute income before the Moz ship sets sail?

That’s a little too simplistic an inference.
Of course BMG want the album to sell well and are this willing to promote the album accordingly. However they would want Morrissey to cooperate. And Moz, no doubt angry about something like for instance the difficult physical release of It’s Over, refuses to cooperate. Which results in this deafening silence. And they all lose in the end.

It’s a pattern that has run through Morrissey’s career since the early days, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone.

He will claim huge victory when the album goes top-5 in the UK, without any promotion and radio airplay :)

It's interesting that his record company have done this...or are doing this (i.e. nothing, or so it would seem).
I have no idea how these things are supposed to work, but surely they have contractual obligations to an out-going artist?
I would have thought they might have tried it bit harder to recoup some last minute income before the Moz ship sets sail?

Well, stuff like promotion and videos cost money and tie up resources, so I guess for BMG it's more profitable to put the album out as cheaply as possible, because the hardcore fanbase will buy it anyway and since Morrissey is an acquired taste, other people are harder to convince. As for contractual obligations, record companies are very good at crafting contracts so, that they can easily drop the artist if s/he isn't succesful or not promote him/her if they don't feel like it.

That’s a little too simplistic an inference.
Of course BMG want the album to sell well and are this willing to promote the album accordingly. However they would want Morrissey to cooperate. And Moz, no doubt angry about something like for instance the difficult physical release of It’s Over, refuses to cooperate. Which results in this deafening silence. And they all lose in the end.

The interviews Morrissey gave when LIHS came out didn't really help, so I'm not sure if even BMG wants him to speak out this time. And other than that, I don't really know what the co-operation would be. Although of course slagging BMG off in his website is not that great an idea either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom