30th anniversary of the first Smiths live appearance at The Ritz in Manchester (Oct. 4, 1982)

Re: Just thought I'd mention...

...that it's 30 years to the day since The Smiths' first live appearance at the Ritz in Manchester.

P.

...And now he's singing the heart out of Frankie Valli on coast-to-coast Stateside telly. It's been a long, strange trip; not quite 'Love Me Do' to Charles Manson but queer nonetheless.

Thank you for the reminder.

Just thought I'd mention...

...that it's 30 years to the day since The Smiths' first live appearance at the Ritz in Manchester.

Dave2006 also writes:

Mike - the drummer, remember him? He's the one that played at all the gigs - he tweeted it earlier...
30 years ago to the day The Smiths played their first gig @ The Ritz. I'll have to fire in a few numbers in the show tomorrow.​

And given last week was the 25th anniversary of Strangeways... makes me feel very old. And I'm too young to even remember The Smiths!

UPDATE Oct. 5, 6:45 AM PT:

Posted by MORRIZSEY:

On Johnny Marr's Twitter page:-

Q. "Hey, what's your fondest memory from that first gig at The Ritz?"
Johnny: "Having a future"

http://twitter.com/mvaldezd/status/253833522370973696

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: 30th anniversary of the first Smiths live appearance at The Ritz in Manc

I'm not too young to remember on the other hand.

6 months is a long time, so 30 years seems insane...!!

You can say whatever you like about Mike Joyce. But at least he remembers stuff that The Smiths did and thinks very highly of the band, unlike Marr and Morrissey used to in the past.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom