2018 UK tour announced

Sorry if someone has already posted this.
Ending at Ally Pally

Link and image posted by ten ton truck:

Morrissey announces massive UK tour for 2018 - NME

February 2018
  • 16th – Aberdeen BHGE Arena
  • 17th – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
  • 20th – Dublin 3Arena
  • 23rd – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
  • 24th – Leeds First Direct Arena
  • 27th – Birmingham Genting Arena
March 2018
  • 3rd – Brighton Brighton Centre
  • 7th – London Royal Albert Hall
  • 9th – London Alexandra Palace
41059_morrissey-uk-tour-poster-embargoed-1509034424.jpg

Posted by charmer (original post):

New promotion from Amazon for Low in High School. Order the album through Amazon and you get priority access to UK tour tickets on November 1.

(Worth noting that you don't actually have to order the album through Amazon, just sign up for priority alerts:

Pre-order Low in High School on Amazon

Link posted by 001:

Morrissey snubs hometown Manchester in first UK tour for three years - Sky News

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell are you smoking? Have you not listened to the tracks released/played live so far? Not only that, his back catalogue is phenomenal.

Morrissey has never sold out an arena tour in the UK. In the last one he did, most venues were two thirds full, max, and from memory that only really included weekend dates. If further singles get a lot of airplay and the album does well, that will help shift tickets, but it is pretty unlikely (although not impossible) that he could sell out an arena tour of this scale.
In London he's playing the Ally Pally and Albert Hall which have a joint capacity of 15,000 - quite a bit less than the o2 Arena's 20,000.

Be patient. I understand that one will announced, possibly two!

Possibly two ! You're havin a 4kin laugh aren't you ?
He couldn't fill Brian Potter's Pheonix Club for two nights running never mind the arena.
Best thing he can do is drive a car with his dildo Nephew in the wrong direction up a one way street near the Christmas markets ! Apparently the M E N reports tonight that the markets are going to be protected by armed police, so fingers crossed they'll shoot them both and we'll all live happily ever after.
Ding Dong the wizard is dead ! :thumb:

#Steven is NOT animal friendly.
CARDIGAN IS MURDER !

If you really love animals !
#
Boycott Low In High School
#Boycott the UK tour

Steven has blood on his hands.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Reckon shiver me timbers m8. So old Uncle Steve is supposed to hop on a plane and leave LA in February and fly due East for 250 hours to Brittin? I don't think so inn inn it and Southwest doesn't fly to Brittin wacker lads.

I understand why he does it, as it obviously grosses more money - but I really do hate these UK arena tours of recent years. Huge, soulless venues, terrible sound, and the stage miles away. I really miss the 'Quarry-Ringleader-Refusal' days, when he would still regularly play smaller, interesting venues on full-length UK tours. Will we ever see those heady days again?
Agreed. We need a mosh pit. Sitting down at a Morrissey gig is just awful.

Any standing areas in these venues. Moz without the mosh pit is not a real Morrissey gig!

The Pheonix Club is very flexible with seating arrangements. All standing is not a problem.
Seating is simply removed and stored in the Pennine Suite.

Other than that, in terms of the cities, they are really all much of a muchness. If you were more interested in a 'town's offerings', it might be wise just to ignore the UK, and fly into Dublin - the city is pretty great, and due to his Irish links, there's usually a pretty good atmosphere there.

If you think Newcastle is "much of a muchness" to the likes of Leeds and Birmingham you've either not been to the 'Toon' ever or spent so little time there you have not been able to form a proper impression.

Get a hotel early if you plan to come to Newcastle for the gig. That's not because of the Moz show, it's Friday night and it's stag and hen party central. Even in the dead of winter the bars and clubs are open all night. Come, the locals are friendly, not up themselves at all. Everyone welcomed.
"Much of a muchness"...........not likely.

Possibly two ! You're havin a 4kin laugh aren't you ?
He couldn't fill Brian Potter's Pheonix Club for two nights running never mind the arena.
Best thing he can do is drive a car with his dildo Nephew in the wrong direction up a one way street near the Christmas markets ! Apparently the M E N reports tonight that the markets are going to be protected by armed police, so fingers crossed they'll shoot them both and we'll all live happily ever after.
Ding Dong the wizard is dead ! :thumb:

#Steven is NOT animal friendly.
CARDIGAN IS MURDER !

If you really love animals !
#
Boycott Low In High School
#Boycott the UK tour

Steven has blood on his hands.

Who mentioned the Arena? I didn't. He isn't planning on playing Manchester Arena. He's looking at two possible venues. May play one, none, or both.

Who mentioned the Arena? I didn't. He isn't planning on playing Manchester Arena. He's looking at two possible venues. May play one, none, or both.
Which venues is he looking at then. if not the Arena? I can only think The Apollo would be the next likely one.

Which venues is he looking at then. if not the Arena? I can only think The Apollo would be the next likely one.

He doesn’t know. He’s just guessing, you know, pretending to be in the know.
A blind squirrel will stumble across an acorn eventually.

Please come back to Plymouth dear Moz !!

We'll make it worth your while.

What is wrong with Benny the Butcher ?

Sorry that should be - what is right with B the B ?

Please come back to Plymouth dear Moz !!

We'll make it worth your while.
I'm in the SW as well, still weighing up my options as to which tickets I should buy. Are these the only absolute dates he is doing?

Yes but with that massive gap between crowd and stage. I hate these arena shows, too corporate. Get back to Hammy Apollo or Brixton.

I can see shows being cancelled, and the curtain being pulled back on others. Then the blame game will start. As it always has.

I can see shows being cancelled, and the curtain being pulled back on others. Then the blame game will start. As it always has.

I dunno. Think the publicity this time round may help. Plus the fact a lot of dates are on a weekend night. However touring in February and March - well manflu is very common around then.

Back
Top Bottom