2011 All Star Game Tonight? - Anyone else in the US watching?

[youtube]XWsUxkpv2_k&feature=related[/youtube]

I love this movie. One of my friends is in this flick.

Between "desk pop", "bi-racial angel" and the "prious" along with Will Ferrell pimping in college this movie had plenty of laughs.

Dwayne Johnson and Samuel Jackson SHOULD make a cop movie though - the first 10 minutes of their pursuit is comedy gold as is Ice-T's narration.

Between "desk pop", "bi-racial angel" and the "prious" along with Will Ferrell pimping in college this movie had plenty of laughs.

Dwayne Johnson and Samuel Jackson SHOULD make a cop movie though - the first 10 minutes of their pursuit is comedy gold as is Ice-T's narration.

I love it, too. I saw it in the theater twice then bought the DVD.

The other day when I wouldn't let one of my daughters go wherever it was she wanted to go....she replied, "I'm a peacock...you gotta let me fly!!"

Cabrera has been on fire this year for Cleveland. I would like to see how he develops if he can remain injury free and continue to produce the numbers he is.

You know though, I do not think that it is entirely Yankee fans that stuff the ballot. Jeter has name recognition to the average baseball fan in another market. When they are filling out a ballot and they do not know who to place at a position, the casual fan is going to vote for the star that has name recognition. Look at Ripken. Was he the best 3rd baseman at his final All Star Game back in 2001? If you remember, Ripken started that game (Cannot believe it's already been that long.) While Ripken blasted a HR and received the ASG MVP nod, he still most likely was voted in due to name recognition.

Which is amongst the many reasons why the decision to give the winner home-field advantage in the World Series is so ridiculous.

Ahhh Derek Jeter
:love::love::love::love:
If I learned anything from the 2008 elections is vote early and vote often.

Of course I gotta admit that if Jeter had played in the all star game, he'd probably have performed better in that game than Asdrubal did.

Hey, Devils, how'd you like the Indians winning that last series vs the Yankees? :p

My lil injuns are trying hard to hold on to first place in their crappy division!

Whoa, did you happen to see Travis Hafner's walk off grand slam vs the Blue jays when the Indians were down 4-1? One of the coolest regular season hits I've ever seen!

[youtube]XWsUxkpv2_k&feature=related[/youtube]
ahhhhhh :love::love::love::love:
and Derek Jeter has never kicked out or given lifetime bans from Yankee Stadium. He doesn't even ban the evil trolls from mASSlive that invade NJ.com.

Of course I gotta admit that if Jeter had played in the all star game, he'd probably have performed better in that game than Asdrubal did.

Hey, Devils, how'd you like the Indians winning that last series vs the Yankees? :p

My lil injuns are trying hard to hold on to first place in their crappy division!

Whoa, did you happen to see Travis Hafner's walk off grand slam vs the Blue jays when the Indians were down 4-1? One of the coolest regular season hits I've ever seen!
Doesn't matter, the way these Philly fans are talking why bother even playing the world series because it's going to Philly.
No I did not like that at all. :( We lost first place to the evil ones in Red Sox, don't you want to see me happy?

Cabrera has been on fire this year for Cleveland. I would like to see how he develops if he can remain injury free and continue to produce the numbers he is.

You know though, I do not think that it is entirely Yankee fans that stuff the ballot. Jeter has name recognition to the average baseball fan in another market. When they are filling out a ballot and they do not know who to place at a position, the casual fan is going to vote for the star that has name recognition. Look at Ripken. Was he the best 3rd baseman at his final All Star Game back in 2001? If you remember, Ripken started that game (Cannot believe it's already been that long.) While Ripken blasted a HR and received the ASG MVP nod, he still most likely was voted in due to name recognition.

Cabrera is one of my favourite players in the game. I've been following him since he's been a rookie. He's the best fielding ss in the game and (as you mentioned) if he could stay healthy the combination of offense and defense would make him one of the best players in the game. It's about time he starts winning the gold glove every year.

What about Michael f***ing Keaton?

Doesn't matter, the way these Philly fans are talking why bother even playing the world series because it's going to Philly.
No I did not like that at all. :( We lost first place to the evil ones in Red Sox, don't you want to see me happy?

Ah, what are you worried about? It's pretty unlikely the Yankees won't make the playoffs.

Didn't the Yankees purposely choose the Wild Card last year so they could beat the Twinkies again?

I'm scared to death that this week will be the Tribe's downfall. A 4 game series vs the Twinkies, starting with a doubleheader. You know the Twinkies are salivating over that. Then a weekend series vs the Black Sox. Plus, Grady Sizemore is hurt again. Not that Grady's been much good this season, but still, the injuries just never stop.

But, hey, whatever happens, the Indians weren't supposed to be good till next year, so the fun season has been a pleasant surprise.

Especially this:

I'm hoping for an Indians vs Yankees ALCS and an Indians vs Pirates World Series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cabrera is one of my favourite players in the game. I've been following him since he's been a rookie. He's the best fielding ss in the game and (as you mentioned) if he could stay healthy the combination of offense and defense would make him one of the best players in the game. It's about time he starts winning the gold glove every year.

Yeah, his hero's Omar Vizquel and it looks like he's following in Omar's footsteps. But with some surprising power in his bat!

Back
Top Bottom