2 tix Sydney Opera House 4th row Sat 22nd December

In the intro section I mapped out the long version: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/125305-Hello-from-the-far-far-farrr-East-of-NYC-Sydney

Short version:

2 tickets to Morrissey gig at Sydney Opera House on 22nd of December 8pm.
I'm not a scalper but a fan. I just want face value on these great seats. That's $251.90
I have to admit I'd prefer you to pay a bit extra for postage (not a handling fee just the actual cost of postage via Express or registered or whatever which can be cross checked at AusPost)
Perhaps just meet me on the night at the gig or come to my place and pick them up. I can't drive them to you because I'm an idiot who doesn't drive.

They are in row D Stalls. Seats 18-19
Link to seating plan, top right corner: http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/About/Venues/Concert_Hall.aspx
They really are good seats, I happened to find a couple of seats in row B hence why I want to pass them on.

I would also prefer to sell to someone who has a decent post count. I'm assuming scalpers could blow in and try to pick up 'cheap' face-value tix to resell at a high price.
I'm willing to hear from anyone though.

I can send you the screenshots of the receipt(s)...for all 4 tix so you know I ain't a dodgey prick and whatever else if you feel the need, just ask.

hello there, I'm rather desperate for some tickets to this show. I'm from melb and have been toying (too long) with the thought of coming to sydney to see Morrissey (as I did at 16 for the 92 concert - but it was postponed so went home devastated!) I don't frequent any forums but I am happy to give you my name and you can see my facebook page which is covered in photo's and posts and all sorts, I am no scalper. Quiz me if you must!! Thank you

I'm hanging by a thread .... I sent a private message. Sorry if it seems I'm hassling you, I just joined so I'm not not sure if my message got through.

Hey, oh I just had the page open in the background, refreshed for ages hoping to see some movement. Now for the potential bad news. Your second in line to the tix. I actually shot an sms through to my dad to see if he and his partner want to go to the gig. Now through the years and endless conversations about music with my dad...we have never actually once discussed Morrissey :/ My brother reckons he said The Smiths never did anything for him, but does look kindly on Morrissey's voice. I'm honestly not sure if he'd be keen to head down from Newcastle to see the gig. He's at work atm with zero reception so hopefully hear back tomorrow. If not I'll call him tomorrow afternoon. Out of curiosity is it better to know all this or should I have just waited to hear from him and then wrote a simple message like, "hey the tix are gone" etc? It's funny, was talking to my brother about the whole scalpers thing before, I'm skeptical by nature and at a certain point I just have to throw my hands up and say...here's hoping you're not a scalper. There's just always that element of doubt. I reckon I'd have to see a random, months old, facebook post by you that talks about Morrissey to be 100% sure lol. But put all that aside. I do apologise for taking the whole nervousness up a level! I was back and forth and I do tend to prefer to map everything out so everyones on the same page. But again, please do let me know if this is an idiot move - perhaps the next person won't have to suffer :/ Btw, definately entertain the idea that my dad does want to go. If you amp yourself up in the other direction it'll cut deeper if it doesn't eventuate! I'll get back to you as soon as I know.

Talk about timing though. I thought I'd ask my dad then saw your message. It's just not in me to then not at least ask my dad. Yet if I had've seen your message first and responded...I wouldn't have backtracked to then ask my dad.
Keep and eye on ebay. I've picked up great seats before at below face value as scalpers couldn't sell them before show night. It does happen. Plus regular fans do list tix as well sometimes.

Random info: I forgot to mention in original post: tix are hard copy. Should get them from the Opera House within 2 weeks, going by history of tix buying from them.

btw it should be said it goes both ways. Someone in my position could easily turn up into a fan site forum and sell tix that never existed in the first place.
I mean a person would have to be pretty low to do such a thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen.
definately worth keeping that potential in mind when dealing with ppl in these situations.
I will grab ascreenshot of the online receipt and scan in the actual tix before anything else if things progess well ;)

hello, I know this is going to sound terrible but I desperately hope your dad/brother are happy just hear about it!!! I know what you mean though, I've been quite obsessed since 14 and my dad has obviously had to endure it all these years, I thought of asking him to come to a show but I knew he wouldn't enjoy all the lining up and waiting around - even for me it's going to be tiring (I'm nearly 38!). I very much respect that you want the ticket to go to a genuine fan - have you had a peek at my Facebook? Lauren Darley ..... I've been excitedly posting stuff about Morrissey for months .... and probably boring most of my friends to death. I mentioned this earlier but the reason seeing him in Sydney is so important to me is because when I was 16 my friends and I travelled 14 hours by bus to Sydney then waited outside Hordern Pavillion for 6 hours before we were told he had postponed the show. We slept at the airport, we were so sad we barely spoke all night. We also had tickets for Melbourne and Adelaide but it was cancelled. I have an old friend who I've just reacquainted with who is going to be in row C!!! Please do keep me informed, and thank you for writing back, regards, Lauren

nope ... there it is, I just sent you a message of me swearing and cursing about this well thought out message that I thought I lost! I feel like such a nanna.

coming from Melb will make it nigh impossible to grab last minute tickets but thanks for the thought

nanna...someone get this girl a ticket, anyone who uses the word nanna deserves all they desire.

it's definitely better to know ahead that it could all go pear shaped ... I'm nervous anyway, I'm going to be nervous for the next 2 months, panicking that I won't make it close enough to the stage, I was quite shocked in 2002 when I arrived at the venue and there was a huge line and could not get close in. I just made my facebook open to public so I am wide open to receive, so to speak. My photo albums are pictures of things I like, so I have a Morrissey album etc and I assume it shows the dates that I uploaded the photo ... also I've been regularly sharing Morrissey/Smiths clips for many months (prior to that I didn't use Facebook much).

..... just how many of you are awake and looking at this? :)

Last edited:
thanks for the moral support, I feel like a vetran ... I like Morrissey BEFORE CD's even existed! That's nanna status surely?

Would you look at the mouth on her! kiddin. I do that all the time. Well used to. Default highlight and copy these days - just in case - but watch out if I forget to do that ;)
I guess we're opposites. I have had so many good memories of doing road trips interstate to get to gigs. Nothing beats those moments to from and being there. Can barely imagine missing out in such a way.
Yeah I checked out your facebook page. Wow what's the go with the third nipple? Nah it's good to know where you're coming from ;) Hopefully you'll hear back from me tomorrow night.
Well if by chance if I don't know by then, I'll let you know I don't know tomorrow night. Oh and you were after both tix yeah?

damn thought I managed to photoshop that third nipple out! That was not a good road trip, I had met Boz just before we left and he wanted me to meet Morrissey and we had arranged to meet after the Melb show ... which of course never happened (who know's that meeting may never have occurred anyway?) so the whole thing was a terrible debacle ... I missed what would have been an amazing tour (early 90's). I'm desperate to get as much out of this tour as I can because it's very likely to be the last one on our shores. Yes both tickets please! Thankyou. I'll have a sleepless night I'm sure. Did you have a look at the Interview with Morrissey by Cameron Adams that I posted?

.... I'm not quite sure if you're referring to my full pout or my filthy depraved facebook conversations? ... nevermind

yeah just checked it out. As an on again off again student of journalism we are constantly told that email interviews are a no no. But I love them. Perhaps not always appropriate but I love how it gives the person the opportunity to give a well considered answer. Sometimes things are missed when asked on the fly over the phone or face to face.

btw your nevermind = the former. I couldn't look too far into your facebook page. I dunno, you put it out there which was cool, but a persons gotta have their privacy.

Hello! Ok im in desperate need of tickets for this concert, the problem is that i need your row B tickets, but im offering you 2000 AUS dollars for them. I really need them, a really good friend is flying all the way from south america to see him and she really wants row B, A if possible. So 2000 dollars, let me know what you think, and here is my phone number 0466090414

Hi Bethany. 2 grand is a mighty carrot hey. I work with first in first served. I have to hear back from my dad, then Lusty is in line next (bet she's mighty glad to hear that!). Then last night got a message from an american fella whose now third in line. I can put you down of course as fourth in line but really...odds are atsronomical right there. I wouldn't charge you 2 grand either. I have found myself in the past stuck with buying scalpers tix or not going to a gig and waiting a good decade for X to return to my shores. 2000 grand is too much money. http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...sey&_osacat=11730&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313 list of current Morrissey tix on ebay. You're looking at $600 for row B tix. I also think there's slight irony that relative to local circumstances, I'm quite poor...and if anyone could use the extra money I reckon I'm a top contender...but goddamn it is so low to take advantage of music fans. Really wish tix agencies would fix the problem, but once they get their cut there's no bloody incentive to change things! We truly do live in the age of the great stagnation. In more ways than one of course but modern ticket scalping just keeps going on and on and on.

Woah, Oh Christ, I just about had a heart attack ... then was greatly reassured to see your morals left intact, unlike Bethany's. Good on you for not selling out! I know you're desperate Bethany but that is not cool to undercut someone else ... throwing money around like that! By the way I have emailed the American and assured him that if my friend backs out I'll get in touch, now Bethany, if you didn't play dirty I may have offered you the same deal.

Thanks again fellow devotee

and for f***s sake Morrissey plays in South America all the time, he's been to Australia 3 times in 20 years and the first tour was cancelled!

,,,, (p.s. that last rant was not for you!)

Last edited:
Oh im sooo sorry, i didnt mean to offend anyone or to be taken as a dirty player. Like the money is not mine, is a friend of mine from back home, and this concert has a very deep sentimental value for her, but really i didnt mean to overwrite anyones place in line or anything. Im more than happy to wait and see what goes best for you. Like i saidmthe money is not mine, is my friend who is offering and as i said as well she is kind of desperate to find first row tickets. But im more than happy to wait in line! Once again i apologize if i sounded rude or anything

your apology is gratefully accepted, thank you Bethany! These Morrissey concerts have deep sentimental value for a lot of others too, especially for those of us here in Australia, so far away. We have waited a very long time for this and we've been aware of his touring other countries all over the world (including south america) for some time now and finally, after 10 years he is back. we are all getting quite nervy and we still have 2 months to go! Thanks again for the apology, good luck in your search (I might need it too as I have not heard from him tonight as was planned).

Back
Top Bottom