1srt Smiths album

I'm not a native english speaker either, but I think I'll have to agree with Kewpie here. The first post in this thread has been written in such a throwaway manner that it really offended me. Is it really too much to ask that people write in whole sentences, so that it actually makes sense without needing to read it three times?

I can understand when people don't write proper English because it's not their first language, but I cannot accept people who are just too lazy or simply do not care!

Do you know if Celibate speaks English as a first language?
And to say that the post ''really offended me'' is very amatuer dramatic:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
As I have a congenital and developmental condition which created neurological anomalies in the brain. I wish for my spelling mistakes not to be corrected. I have been I fan since 1983 and somedays I can spell words whereas the next day I struggle to spell the same words.

I don't have spellcheck so I have to use google to help me. This is very time comsuming and frustrating. Usually it's not until I read back my post that I can quickly spot my errors. (this is why I re edit my posts alot)

So it's unfair to judge Celibate and assume he/she can't be a die hard fan because he/she made a few errors. Dyslexia is undiagnosed (used google) in many adults.

I think people who use acronyms are plain lazy.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jukebox Jury

I'm not a native english speaker either, but I think I'll have to agree with Kewpie here. The first post in this thread has been written in such a throwaway manner that it really offended me. Is it really too much to ask that people write in whole sentences, so that it actually makes sense without needing to read it three times?

I can understand when people don't write proper English because it's not their first language, but I cannot accept people who are just too lazy or simply do not care!

everyone who knows me, akso from the main page as celibate cry know
i make grammar faults in every posts, this is not town hall to write yer weddingvows

it's a website

further it's her again who made this thread into langauge manners post,
instead of our love for The Smiths

my grammar faults are not that weird [sometimes itis] but I'm too hasty
anf put on the letterket above,left/right

thanks for making my birtdaythread into a mess kewpie

and claiming knowing about the Smiths in 1983, spot on this site since 1999
if I stated anything else, also stated i was in prison that time

so spoiling my thread, yer also want to make me look I'm a liar

this is as far as you went Kewpie, I let you in peace

the next time I'll report David T about your constant grammar jamming
and yer not able to be a moderator cause you have a black list, where I;m
on, and a few others, for the last time leave me alone here, as I do the
last year against you

:mad:

i'm became 45, the time I was on english sites is gone down to this

further I'm use the pc not that much, I'd rather live outtsde

sorry I never meant to hurt anyone by my errors

I think I know about 3000 english words

do you know 3000 Dutch?

Last edited:
Re: The Smiths first album

I disagree.
What Kewpie could have said is
''good post, however, I know I get a lot of spellings wrong, but I'd just like to point out that the correct titles of two of the songs are 'Jeane' and 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', hope you don't mind me pointing that out.

But she didn't and she never will..........

Jukebox Jury

Sorry, but that is to demand that other posters go out of their way to be over the top super-dooper nice, which I think is totally unreasonable.

Sorry, but that is to demand that other posters go out of their way to be over the top super-dooper nice, which I think is totally unreasonable.

can we please go on to make a top 10, please

I have a long difficult relationship on here with Kewpie, about splitting threads and moving to other forumparts

a half year I wrote on the forums that moderators should've not been permanent but choosen every 2 year, by vote.

this is her revenge to spoil 'make a first top 10 Smiths album out of the 1983/1984 bit , 10 songs into ridicule me writings and spoilt the original
idea, as you also go on

go to the pigsty if you want to put people down cause they're not english born,lived and teached in whole english, we got 2 lessons a week for 4 years
well 5 for me

after that yer not able to have a talk in a london pub, but you graduate
on schoolbook english

There are a lot of dutch here who write perfectly englsih as Jose who translated a magazin part lately, Houdini, Johan de Witt, spineless swine, and the belgiums like Patten, VINCENT, pETER m, hANS b...ETC.

i DON'T, too hasty, not checking, no worddictionary online

What.....It is unreasonable to ask members to post in a polite manner?:squiffy:
My dad always told me that good manners cost f*** all;)

Jukebox Jury

I'm too hasty anf put on the letterket above,left/right

Whatever you intented to say, I think "hasty" is the keyword here. Maybe you should take yourself a little more time, so that your posts are a little less messy!

As I said before, everyone makes a typo every now and then and nobody who is not a native english speaker is expected to write perfect english grammar. But everyone should take themselves a little time and care when posting here.

Thank you.

Jukebox Jury

thx for your way of seeing this, but Iwould love to see yer 10 songs:thumb:

and I'm indeed dutch, not english spoken raised

[we had the onedin line on tv, and corronation street in the early 70's,
so I learned a bit:lbf:]

we've the Troy Tate sesions
the Smiths [debut album]
Hatfull of Hollow

make yer first Smiths album out those albums
songs like Jeanne, and wonderfull woman/what do you see in him
and bsides on singles included

10 songs [as the others]

hand in glove
girl afraid
Jeanne
miserable lie
the hand that rocks the cradle
real around the fountain
heaven knows I'm miserbale know
still ill
I don't owe you anything
handsome devil

pff difficult

tomorrow I would add add
this charming man or how soon is now

:guitar:

reel around the fountain
Hand in glove
this charming man
what difference does it make?
I don't owe you anything
hand that rocks the cradle
william it was really nothing
heaven knows I'm miserable now
how soon is now?
please please please.......

Jukebox Jury

everyone who knows me, akso from the main page as celibate cry know
i make grammar faults in every posts, this is not town hall to write yer weddingvows

it's a website

Yeah, Kewpie doesn't get that. She is a worthless piece of poo. She is probably too weak to speak out in public, so she chooses to do it here, anonymously, on a fan forum. How pathetic is that?

As for your English, it's pretty good to me! I don't know any Dutch, so I won't even try.

SparkleBoy forever!!

Jukebox Jury

Absolutely 100% with you on that one. There are quite a few people on forums who just post single scathing diatribes designed to belittle people. They contribute very little. Their knowledge and information is often limited and somewhat twisted. They just swoop in and out. Hiding behind their supposed forum 'status'. They are members of several different ones. So they always have something to do with their time!
What happens when these people discourage all infrequent/new members from posting? You get a forum which contains the same people discussing the same old stuff again and again. Most of you on here are nice people. Really encouraging. But, if I had a response like that from Kewpie, I'd think twice about posting again.
There are more acceptable ways to talk to people.

Jukebox Jury

You're not asking her to post in a polite manner. To post in a polite manner is to make your point straightforwardly without recourse to unneccessary insult or aggressiveness, on the implicit understanding that we are all here to discuss things. You're asking her to in essence apologise profusely in advance for bringing this up and make assurances of of the esteem in which we all hold the post despite the teenie-weenie point of a couple of points of detail that should, merely as an afterthought, be brought to light. That's not "good manners", that's ridiculous.

In any case, I'm sure the poster would feel rather better if we stuck to discussing the point raised, instead of the present two-page discussion revolving around his or her spelling. Storm in a waterglass, that was my essential point.

cheers

Last edited:
It is the way you did it. That's the difference.
There are mistakes and there are spelling mistakes - of which you are more guilty than anyone on this site.
It's not what you do, but the way that you do it.

Jukebox Jury

My original post was intended to lighten up , as I knew it was Celibate's Birthday. A gentle reminder we are all fallible. Kewpie does come across as abrupt sometimes and it annoys me. She also does a lot of helpful things here which I appreciate.

My issue with JJ is not that he criticises Kewpie, but the way he does it. Persistantly, and in an apparently irony-free "Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells" manner. His preoccupation with how Kewpie aught to post would be laughable if it were'nt slightly worrying in it's obsessiveness.

While judging Kewpie's post as "appalling and disgusting" he criticises Oso Blanco's defence of Kewpie as " very amatuer dramatic:rolleyes:" without any obvious awareness of inconsistency.

I'm grateful to Qvist for putting it better than I could..

"You're not asking her to post in a polite manner. To post in a polite manner is to make your point straightforwardly without recourse to unneccessary insult or aggressiveness, on the implicit understanding that we are all here to discuss things. You're asking her to in essence apologise profusely in advance for bringing this up and make assurances of of the esteem in which we all hold the post despite the teenie-weenie point of a couple of points of detail that should, merely as an afterthought, be brought to light. That's not "good manners", that's ridiculous.

In any case, I'm sure the poster would feel rather better if we stuck to discussing the point raised, instead of the present two-page discussion revolving around his or her spelling. Storm in a waterglass, that was my essential point."

My favourites

hand in glove
reel around the fountain
still ill
Jeanne
handsome devil
this night has opened my eyes
this charming man
the hand that rocks the cradle
how soon is now
please,please,please let me get what I want

I'm not sure of the order.

My original post was intended to lighten up , as I knew it was Celibate's Birthday. A gentle reminder we are all fallible. Kewpie does come across as abrupt sometimes and it annoys me. She also does a lot of helpful things here which I appreciate.

My issue with JJ is not that he criticises Kewpie, but the way he does it. Persistantly, and in an apparently irony-free "Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells" manner. His preoccupation with how Kewpie aught to post would be laughable if it were'nt slightly worrying in it's obsessiveness.

While judging Kewpie's post as "appalling and disgusting" he criticises Oso Blanco's defence of Kewpie as " very amatuer dramatic:rolleyes:" without any obvious awareness of inconsistency.

I'm grateful to Qvist for putting it better than I could..

You wouldn't have been aware that I had recently agreed with DavidT not to post about Kewpie or comment on threads / posts she has made and she agreed to do the same. This truce lasted about 3/4 weeks and then one day last week she made some comment about me for reasons only known to herself. I sent her a pm kindly asking her not to do such a thing. The following day two further posts appeared - again I sent a pm...... a further post appeared and I thought...ok, it's open season.......
I may post persistantly about Kewpie, but on the vast majority of cases my posts are picking up on her style of moderating or general attitude towards fellow members rather than just picking on her for no reason. You could say I am policing the police.....because in some cases, the police need policing:thumb:

You also wont be aware that Kewpie was also changing my thread titles - believe me, persistantly - (and got caught doing so). She has been sending members who posted on Viva Morrissey threads in events forums private messages ''telling them'' not to post on Viva Morrissey threads again, including a whole load of misinformation as to why they shoudn't post on those threads. I know this for a fact as two members forwarded me the PM's she had sent them. Two out of how many? What gives her (or anyone) the right to tell members what posts they can and cannot contribute too? That is what I find disgusting and appalling and the reasoning behind my attitude towards her.

Celibate, apologies......I did post my top ten.....but then the above posts followed.....

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
My issue with JJ is not that he criticises Kewpie, but the way he does it. Persistantly, and in an apparently irony-free "Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells" manner.

You complete wanker, it's either "Tonbridge" or "Tunbridge Wells" - don't you know anything?! :lbf: ;)

cheers

Thanks for your reply JJ.
You are refering to matters privately discussed. This I accept as your side of the story. I will endeavour to obtain, privately, Kewpie's side of the story in order to get myself better informed.

I will also send a PM, which I would be grateful if you did not share, giving more of my side of the story.

Thanks for your reply JJ.
You are refering to matters privately discussed. This I accept as your side of the story. I will endeavour to obtain, privately, Kewpie's side of the story in order to get myself better informed.

I will also send a PM, which I would be grateful if you did not share, giving more of my side of the story.

Thanks. Yes, just between us:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom