I don't owe you anything
handsome devil

pff difficult

tomorrow I would add add
this charming man or how soon is now

:guitar:

Re: The Smiths first album

:doh:

Sorry mate, Morrissey and Johnny have written songs called 'Jeane' not Jeanne, and 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'.

*edit*
I'm happy with the song order and all the songs in the album.

Last edited:

Sorry mate, Morrissey and Johnny have written songs called 'Jeane' not Jeanne, and 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'.

*edit*
I bet you feel powerful when you correct someone don't you?:lbf:

And by the way Kewpie, you correct people's spelling mistakes. But aren't you the one with the broken English? Irony

*edit*

Sorry Kewpie but your response to the above quoted post is appalling and disgusting - especially when considering a very large number of your posts contain spelling mistakes.
And I don't care if you are an immigrant to the UK and English is not your first language. There is no need for your rudeness. None at all.

Indeed, the fact that you are an immigrant and English is not your first language should make you more sympathetic to those making gramatical errors.

Jukebox Jury

*edit*

Sorry mate , I think you mean , " I'm happy with the songs
and the order they are in ."

I corrected mistakes of a user who claimed in other thread that he is a Smiths fan since 1983.

It is not rude to correct the song titles.

I corrected mistakes of a user who claimed in other thread that he is a Smiths fan since 1983.

It is the way you did it. That's the difference.
There are mistakes and there are spelling mistakes - of which you are more guilty than anyone on this site.
It's not what you do, but the way that you do it.

Jukebox Jury

That should have been

''.....who claimed in another thread.......''

and

''.....he has been a Smiths fan since 1983''

Jukebox Jury

Sorry Kewpie but your response to the above quoted post is appalling and disgusting - especially when considering a very large number of your posts contain spelling mistakes.
And I don't care if you are an immigrant to the UK and English is not your first language. There is no need for your rudeness. None at all.

Indeed, the fact that you are an immigrant and English is not your first language should make you more sympathetic to those making gramatical errors.

Jukebox Jury

Excellent point, JJ. Those who get bullied in the real world, bully online! Kewpie is an eternal troll on here.

It's the way you do it.

Tried, failed. I'm just not able to mess around with this, the historical releases are just too deeply entrenched. I can't imagine changing them.

I'll say this though - I wish they had ended up letting Troy Tate produce their first album. Despite the highly unfinished character of most of the Tate recordings, they just get everything so basically right - above all he puts the guitar further to the front in the sound, and the intertwined guitar/Vocal melodies was the core element of the early Smiths. Ref f.e. Pretty girls make graves - a bit of additional work on the rhytm section there, and it would have been perfect. In Porter's version, Marr's wonderful guitar melody is just buried at the back of the sound. I used to fantasize about what it would sound like if that wasn't the case. Then I heard Tate's version, and knew.

cheers

1. 'Reel Around the Fountain' (fantastic album opener- I explained the reasons why on another thread a while back but can't be bothered to do it again.)

2. 'Handsome Devil' (God, the press would have had even more of a field day with the paedophilia thing if RATF and this had been next to eachother on the album. :eek: Probably for the best that this is only a fantasy tracklisting then. :lbf:)

3. 'This Charming Man'

4. 'Still Ill'

5. 'Accept Yourself'

6. 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'

7. 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want'

8.'Wonderful Woman'

9. 'The Hand that Rocks the Cradle'

10. 'Suffer Little Children'. I don't really think you can follow it with anything as it's so harrowing, so it's best remaining as an album closer.

Last edited:

It's the way you do it.

Oh come on the lot of you, she corrected two among a plethora of misspellings in the original post, and in a fairly straightforward manner. Fair enough, and no cause for umbrage in my opinion - to say nothing of a barrage of angry remarks. Be happy somebody cares. She once corrected me rather curtly for misspelling Morrissey's first name. For my part I found it natural on that occasion to be embarrassed rather than pissed off.

cheers

Oh come on the lot of you, she corrected two among a plethora of misspellings in the original post, and in a fairly straightforward manner. Fair enough, and no cause for umbrage in my opinion - to say nothing of a barrage of angry remarks. Be happy somebody cares. She once corrected me rather curtly for misspelling Morrissey's first name. For my part I found it natural on that occasion to be embarrassed rather than pissed off.

cheers

I disagree.
What Kewpie could have said is
''good post, however, I know I get a lot of spellings wrong, but I'd just like to point out that the correct titles of two of the songs are 'Jeane' and 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', hope you don't mind me pointing that out.

But she didn't and she never will..........

Jukebox Jury

I'm not a native english speaker either, but I think I'll have to agree with Kewpie here. The first post in this thread has been written in such a throwaway manner that it really offended me. Is it really too much to ask that people write in whole sentences, so that it actually makes sense without needing to read it three times?

I can understand when people don't write proper English because it's not their first language, but I cannot accept people who are just too lazy or simply do not care!

Last edited:
As I have a congenital and developmental condition which created neurological anomalies in the brain. I wish for my spelling mistakes not to be corrected. I have been I fan since 1983 and somedays I can spell words whereas the next day I struggle to spell the same words.

I don't have spellcheck so I have to use google to help me. This is very time comsuming and frustrating. Usually it's not until I read back my post that I can quickly spot my errors. (this is why I re edit my posts alot)

So it's unfair to judge Celibate and assume he/she can't be a die hard fan because he/she made a few errors. Dyslexia is undiagnosed (used google) in many adults.

I think people who use acronyms are plain lazy.

Back
Top Bottom