101 Freeway Sign Gets ‘Morrissey’ Treatment - CBS Los Angeles

Roberto sends the link:

101 Freeway Sign Gets ‘Morrissey’ Treatment - CBS Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) – Morrissey fans driving down the 101 Freeway in Hollywood got a thrill when they glanced up and saw the name of the legendary English musician Tuesday.

40596_morrissey_hollywood_bowl_101.jpg

(Credit: Bill Silva Entertainment)

The Smiths frontman announced Tuesday morning that he will be playing the Hollywood Bowl on Nov. 10. The show will precede the release of his first album in three years, “LOW IN HIGH-SCHOOL,” which will drop Nov. 17.

UPDATE 9:30 PM PT:

Report / video of sign and takedown (starts at 1:39):

Eye On Entertainment (Aug. 22) - CBS Los Angeles
A local freeway sign gets a Morrissey makeover. Suzanne Marques reports.

Last edited:
It's a step up from painting lyrics on the street.
I look forward to the usual gutter press spin:
Evil Morrissey confuses tourists in L.A....
Some actual TV appearances and pre-album promotion coupled with a bit of viral modern tactics will go a long way.
Fingers crossed,
FWD.

tumblr_m5ychhswUW1r7abhoo1_500.jpg

Is that you Tina ?
Look love don't take it personal but it never really began !
It don't matter how big yer tits are ! He bats for the the other team yeh ! On the other bus !
The smell of lavender ?
If it's any consolation I think yer titties are lovely ! Nice to see them to see them nice :thumb:.

#Switzerland is mine :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

O NO! not only is this a very cheap looking sign, likely made up at Kinkos, but its falling off the same day it was glued on! Ominous portents concerning the feasibility of the BMG 'distribution' deal. The thing is already falling apart!!!
Why doesnt BMG make some of those classy spoken word videos? With Moz wearing the tux and the old lady with the blonde wig brining in reading material while he fakes playing the piano! that was classy, not this five dollar sign ffs.

Nice idea for t-shirt. On grey. Like the old Queen Is Dead t-shirt I picked up at a gig thirty years ago.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom