1 hour and 15 minutes

lilikoi

a poster here who's posts I don't trust much complained that a moz gig is always only 1hr 15 minutes long. is that true or what? no encores?
since I bought an expensive ticket for berlin I would feel a bit robbed if that was true.

a poster here who's posts I don't trust much complained that a moz gig is always only 1hr 15 minutes long. is that true or what? no encores?
since I bought an expensive ticket for berlin I would feel a bit robbed if that was true.

To be honest, I'm not sure for the earlier/The Smiths tours but for the Tour of The Tormentors MMVI, it's true. Some gigs were even shorter. can know for sure that the European leg was more or less 75 minutes, and it has been why much of the press has been complaining.

In a fairly recent interview, Moz stated the reason he doesn't do longer shows is that he simply cannot sing any longer than 75 or so minutes. Probably not a vocal chord issue, but more like...emotional investment.

Whatever criticisms fans and non-fans have, you can't say that Moz does shows on auto-pilot, phoning in his performance like so many bands end up doing when they've been at it too long.

is this autopilot thing for real? I never heard of it. one thing I can guarantee is that noone used autopilot at 'rock an ring'. almost everybody except morrissey was horribly out of tune there (I saw it all on TV). they must have had some monitor or earphone problems there. brian molko was totall off key many times - the sound was crap - the rendition of metallica's nothing else matters was a vocal disaster - and franz ferdinand couldn't even get their guitars in tune. :D

traveling all the way to berlin for 75 short minutes of moz - oh my - well I'm glad I'm interested in sightseeing too then....

The gig may only be short but I can assure you that it is a wonderful experience.

The time is not an issue, the event is special.

it doesnt really matter how long he plays (obviously as long as more than an hour)i dont understand why should it be "lame" because it has 15 mins less in length than you expected.
What matters is the moment you are there.

Earlier in the year when I went to see Moz I was surprised, and also a bit gutted at the length of the gig. However, like the above posters have already stated - it is seeing the great man that really counts.

Enjoy the experience and absorb it all.

75 minutes a night, totally intense, it's enough for me and my tired old legs.

Well, the 75 minutes are going to feel like 7,5 minutes while you're there so...

:D

Honestly, do you buy art by the yard aswell??

I've heard a Katie Melua concert can lst over 2 hours, surely this proves you'd have a much better time counting all the bicylcles in beijing with her!

You will now and again get 80-90 mins. MEN 04 was around 90 with 19 songs.

In 97 on the maladjusted tour I got an hour tops and 13 songs

Honestly, do you buy art by the yard aswell??

no but I know how it feels when you're all wired and excited to see your favourite band and it's over in a wink - which happens at festivals where everyone only plays for about 70 minutes.

I've never experienced a normal concert that was less than twice that time thow - especially from a legend like that - and so that's why I expected it to be very long. so I'm just very surprised, but it's good to know what to expect.

yeah it dublin it was 75 mins and no encore. obviously its the experience but maybe he should break for 7 mins in the middle or something if it helped him go on for longer. Length doesnt matter but you want to hear as many favourite songs as possible

Yes. That's right deary! I wasn't lying, he really is that lazy.

You'd have believed me if I was an otter wouldn't you.

yeah it dublin it was 75 mins and no encore. obviously its the experience but maybe he should break for 7 mins in the middle or something if it helped him go on for longer. Length doesnt matter but you want to hear as many favourite songs as possible

Yeah, but he played 20 songs at Marlay Park (21 if you count Ganglord twice), compared to about the 17 or 18 he'd been doing all tour. I'm sure it was longer than 75 minutes - it definetely felt longer. As for no encore, well it was more of a festival than a Moz gig. He did leave the stage before how soon is now, while the lads played out pigsty for a couple of minutes. How soon is now was the encore really - the band just segued into it from pigsty.
At the end of the day, its all about quality rather than quantity. I rather see 75 minutes of Moz than 3 hours of anyhting else thats out there.

Back
Top Bottom