‘Pigsty’ has won the downloading vote (please read)

Hey, nearly 2000 hits so that's good. I agree with grim. not being able to sign up is a problem. Hopefully those 2k people return.

Maybe start punting it more when the mailing list is working, and start the page with a 18 pt sign, "please sign up to our mailing list"

hi Tbevie,
I tried to get on your mailing list yesterday & this morning but it's not working.

love

Grim

thicko
1st you are telling us it's a waste of time & money (so therefore you ain't going to even try to help), then you tell us what song we should try to chart Moz with. I don't think your medication is the correct dosage, please go see your G.P. 17 minutes it took you to disagree with yourself, is that a record?

Grim

Hi there Grim

It's not actually my website. It was robertzombie idea and he designed it. I'm not sure when we will be able to sign in. robertzombie said that it should have been ready either yesterday or today so just keep trying I guess. When it is working I think we should start another thread to let everyone know.

Hey, nearly 2000 hits so that's good. I agree with grim. not being able to sign up is a problem. Hopefully those 2k people return.

Hi there,

Hopefully we will be able to sign in soon. When we can I think we should create a new thread to let everyone know. I agree we don't want to loose those 2000 people.

that sites looking great...
love the video, i assume its pigsty playing? (as my sound card is having a 'i refuse to work' moment, which is probably a good thing, cause if i heard pigsty today after the day ive had then i'd be inconsolable)

Also, doesn't Russell Brand have a radio show? Does he let people phone in? Maybe someone could phone in and tell him directly about the campaign, just in case he doesn't read the forums.

I was looking at the calendar and thinking about dates etc, for the big download week.

The mailing list is now working and people are signing up, if we let this carry on till next week (05th/Feb) then I think we will hopefully have enough people. I can't see many more signing up after a week.
Then 5th-11th/Feb I will send out emails to people and the download week should be 12th-18th/Feb, which nicely covers Valentines day.

Of course if not enough people have signed up then we might have to postpone the date, but I think the 12th-18th sounds like a good week :)
(we'll also need to look at the competition, make sure there aren't loads of bands that can beat Moz :p)

I was looking at the calendar and thinking about dates etc, for the big download week.

The mailing list is now working and people are signing up, if we let this carry on till next week (05th/Feb) then I think we will hopefully have enough people. I can't see many more signing up after a week.
Then 5th-11th/Feb I will send out emails to people and the download week should be 12th-18th/Feb, which nicely covers Valentines day.

Of course if not enough people have signed up then we might have to postpone the date, but I think the 12th-18th sounds like a good week :)
(we'll also need to look at the competition, make sure there aren't loads of bands that can beat Moz :p)

I agree with these dates. But how many people do you think we'll need before you send out the e-mails?

Well I'm not really sure about that...

It's is unlikely that 2000 individual people have looked at the site. More likely to be around 250 judging on the amount of people that voted in the poll, (that's 8 visits per-person).
Obviously we will need more than 250 people downloading for this to work!

It all depends on how many people sign up to the mailing list, and how many times people download!

That's something I would like to know, if you download the same song 5 times onto your PC, do the site only count it as 1 download in the charts because it's going to the same machine? (the obvious way around this is to download the song from different sites).
Anyone know any info on that?

Also I was thinking we could start the downloading on Monday 29th of January and continue it through to the 3rd of February. That would give us all of next week to let people know the chosen song and the date that the download will take place. This should give everyone enough time to prepare fOR it.

You cause me confusion, you told me you cared

He's calling these changes that last to the end

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies

The past is your present, the future is mine

You just can't believe me

When I show you what you mean to me

When I show you what you cannot see

You cause me confusion, you told me you cared

He's calling these changes that last to the end

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies

The past is your present, the future is mine

When I show you what you mean to me

When I show you what you cannot see

I apologise I didn't mean to cause any confusion. The 29th hadn't been decided it was just a suggestion until robertzombie came up with the great idea to create a website. So we realized we'd have to change decide the date later.

what a f***ing waste of time.

who gives a toss about whether steve is in 'the charts', or not?

do you have nothing else to think about / do?

My guess is that it will achieve 30 or 40 downloads, the people that download it will then quickly delete the mp3 they bought for 79p as they already had it. I work in marketing I know how these things work.

Morrissey dosent get played on the radio, so I guess it wouldnt achieve radio play for him, even with the 0.1% chance of this experiment working! Also there is no top of the pops anymore, so he wouldnt even get on that!

Being a Morrissey fan, I relish the prospect of this being a dismal , miserable failure.

My guess is that it will achieve 30 or 40 downloads, the people that download it will then quickly delete the mp3 they bought for 79p as they already had it. I work in marketing I know how these things work.

Morrissey dosent get played on the radio, so I guess it wouldnt achieve radio play for him, even with the 0.1% chance of this experiment working! Also there is no top of the pops anymore, so he wouldnt even get on that!

Being a Morrissey fan, I relish the prospect of this being a dismal , miserable failure.

...and...and....there's more... the song choice is waaaay wrong too. Something more uptempo like Daddy's Voice or NF Disco would have caused more of a stir. Or perhaps something rare - Pigsty is so last year! ;-)

GetMozInTheCharts Guestbook said:
Louise: On ITunes two versions of the track are available, one two seconds shorter than the other, does it make a difference which of these we download or do they both count?

I'm not on the "itunes pc" at the moment, is there two versions of Ringleader on there or something?

Back
Top Bottom