The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
|Name||Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning|
|Album/Single||Vauxhall And I|
The song features a sample of the line "what's your name?" by actress Kay Walsh from the 1942 film "In Which We Serve."
Always looking for attention
Always needs to be mentioned Who does she think she should be?
The shrill cry through darkening air Doesn't she know he's Had such a busy day?
Tell her...shh Somebody tell her...shh
No way, no way There's no movement, no Hooray
It was only a test But she swam too far against the tide She deserves all she gets
The sky became mad with stars As an out-stretched arm slowly disappears
Hooray Oh, hooray No, there's no movement, no Hooray, hooray
Please don't worry there'll be no fuss She was...nobody's nothing
When he awoke the sea was calm And another day passes like a dream
There's no, no way
- Morrissey - Vocals
- Alain Whyte - Guitars, backing vocals
- Boz Boorer - Guitars
- Jonny Bridgwood - Bass guitar
- Woodie Taylor - Drums
- Producer - Steve Lillywhite
- Engineer - Chris Dickie
- Assistant Engineer - Danton Supple
- Photography - Dean Freeman (cover)
- Photography - Jake Walters (Black & White photographs)
- Art co-ordination - Greg Ross
- Sleeve - Whores In Retirement
Play count (Morrissey concert): 0