YTOFMF joke

ThomasB

I am not privileged enough to comment on old threads, so I had to make my own.

Obviously "You're the One For Me, Fatty" is about an over-weight person.

I think the line "all over Battersea" specifically refers to the Pink Floyd episode involving a giant pig flying over the town.

So not only does he call her Fatty, but also a pig.

What other barnyard animals does Morrissey compare women to?

A cow for sure, any others?

I think the line "all over Battersea" specifically refers to the Pink Floyd episode involving a giant pig flying over the town.

It was an in joke, aimed at his then-friend Cathal Smyth from Madness. It was nothing to do with women (despite the awful video). In Autobio he apparently told Jake he wrote Battersea because it 'rhymed' (sort of) with fatty.

In Autobio he apparently told Jake he wrote Battersea because it 'rhymed' (sort of) with fatty.

You know what also rhymes with fatty?

You guessed it...

Stephen McHattie
8464534C-1E23-48B0-B890-B6B00E1CC98B.jpeg
[spoiler/]

So you can moderate spoiler tags but not do a damn thing about anonymous posts, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what also rhymes with fatty?

You guessed it...

Stephen McHattie
Whom once played James Dean in a biopic, James Dean of course being a major obsession of Morrisseys, so..............................this song is about Stephen McHattie!

Whom once played James Dean in a biopic, James Dean of course being a major obsession of Morrisseys, so..............................this song is about Stephen McHattie!

Original album art.
896B35FB-88B2-434A-873F-18FFF077947D.jpeg

steemah2.jpg

[spoiler/]
:thumb::barf:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an in joke, aimed at his then-friend Cathal Smyth from Madness. It was nothing to do with women (despite the awful video). In Autobio he apparently told Jake he wrote Battersea because it 'rhymed' (sort of) with fatty.

That may explain a reason for writing it, but that doesn't say what it is about.

Otherwise you could say "Meat is Murder" is not about the morality of carnivores, but rather about one of his friends with the nickname T-Bone (which may be true, but in the context of a pop song it only applies to Morrissey, Mr. T-Bone and anyone else in on the in-joke).

That may explain a reason for writing it, but that doesn't say what it is about.

Otherwise you could say "Meat is Murder" is not about the morality of carnivores, but rather about one of his friends with the nickname T-Bone (which may be true, but in the context of a pop song it only applies to Morrissey, Mr. T-Bone and anyone else in on the in-joke).
Yes. Except that it isn't.

im sorry but I have to say it, after being subjected to 20 pictures of him I can no longer hold it in: his skin really grosses me out.

I’ll post some taut skin McHattie just for you, boo.
CE17D0D0-808E-44F1-85AB-B2593511D061.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom