Morrissey Central "#YourLivesMatter" (July 1, 2020)

...:seenoevil:

Oh give over. This is the same rationale as 'I can't be racist, I know black people'
I've never understood the dismissal of the "I'm not racist. I have black friends" argument. If it's being said by people who are under fire and just want to save their own arses, fine. However, if they genuinely have a lot of black people in their lives whom they love, I think that's a big indicator that they don't hate black people.
There's a TED talk by a black man named Daryl Davis who started attending KKK meetings. He befriended a white klansman, who grew to respect him. As a result of that friendship the klansman resigned from the KKK, because his white supremacy was incongruent with his friendship with Daryl.
It seems to me that friendship and the respect intrinsically opposes hatred and thinking yourself superior to someone, no?

So do you think he's supporting BLM or trying to subvert or criticise it? It's not clear to me which it is. I'd like to think he's supporting it but one can never be sure.

He's supporting it.

He'd have said something contorted & ridiculous by now if he didn't.

he knows that hashtag is controversial, right? I mean, i dont care, but moz haters can take this as a #allivematter sort of statement

It's not a hashtag on Twitter.

And it links to an Instagram - so the 'your' would be the people in the Instagram, which would be black & black queer people.

I hope it's not a BLM endorsement, but some ironic way of using someone like Baldwin (I don't get Moz's apparent obsession with him) against them (much as MLKIII and Muhammad Ali, Jr. have come out against BLM) - which it does not seem to be given the #yourlivesmatter hashtag variant.

BLM is the most prominent and effective racist group active in today's world (their claim to be "anti-racist" is Orwellian doublespeak - similar to SPLC being one of the most prominent "hate groups" while annointing itself as "watchdog of hate").
This rules. I wish I was this brain dead. My life would be so much easier.

Black Power Matters.

I've seen about a dozen videos where black people en masse beat the life out of a single white person. The news is not showing this stuff. If the races were reversed, we'd see nothing but this footage.

the only life that matters should be your own.

Spoken like someone with no kids, no spouse, no friends, no parents...?
i have two children,three grand children and lots of friends.think you were taking that post too literally.

Serious question - has Morrissey ever apologised for calling B.B.C.'s 'scum' on 'This Is Not Your Country'? I don't know how any black man can listen to him after this. :rage:

Serious question - has Morrissey ever apologised for calling B.B.C.'s 'scum' on 'This Is Not Your Country'? I don't know how any black man can listen to him after this. :rage:
Different BBC. But I suspect you know that already.

He's supporting it.

He'd have said something contorted & ridiculous by now if he didn't.
Remember that the next time he says something "racist".

Morrissey is a proud white Irish Englishman and is not a fan of globalism or anti-white hate groups.

The BBC is a television company.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom