Yes, there were times/I'm sure you knew - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Thank you Morrissey.
A fantastic album, a great show at the o2, not to mention last year's autobiography, a re-readable pleasure that remains forever.
If I can get to see you again in 2015, I will. I hope you find a good label with a commitment to wholeheartedly supporting your next album.

But for now, enjoy the festive season (or just the time off), relax and recover and know you are loved.

Will support you evermore.

I'm so pleased that, in the end, the album and tour were, at least by Moz's estimation, a success. 20+ years a faithful, if not rabid, Morrissey fan. But I confess this album and tour rocked my faith to it's core. And I trust I am not alone. I continue to struggle to understand the place of WPINOYB in relation to its most recent predecessors. But more deeply I still feel the poignant sting of the NA tour cancellations. I have seen Morrissey probably 30 times over the years (for which I am eternally grateful), and danced around at least a dozen cancellations, always giving him the benefit of the doubt and offering forgiveness, if not redemption. But this time really hurt. I traveled a great distance to the fateful Lincoln, NE show, one of the very few in attendance who seemed actually excited to be there. In all the times I have seen a Morrissey show I have never once been disappointed. And although I am not the first (nor likely last) fan to be stunned by a shortened show, the whole experience left me feeling so bitter and unloved. My salvation was to be Chicago until the unfortunate scrapping of the remainder of the tour. And then there was nothing. And then, like the proverbial Phoenix...triumph. And I find my self hoping more desperately then ever before that this is not yet the end. I pray this ending is good enough to inspire more albums and tours.

These are my honest and heartfelt comments.

Maybe this would be an opportune moment for Barleycunt, Bummie and Benny to remind us what they have achieved, individually or collectively, in the last few months (let alone in their entire careers) and we can all compare their endeavours to those of Morrissey, at whose efforts and accomplishments they never tire of sneering.

I'd be out in the warm sunshine exploring the globe in one of these...

speed-boat.jpg

Not chasing Moz around the dark corners of the world.

Well RB, that says it all!

I'm so pleased that, in the end, the album and tour were, at least by Moz's estimation, a success. 20+ years a faithful, if not rabid, Morrissey fan. But I confess this album and tour rocked my faith to it's core. And I trust I am not alone. I continue to struggle to understand the place of WPINOYB in relation to its most recent predecessors. But more deeply I still feel the poignant sting of the NA tour cancellations. I have seen Morrissey probably 30 times over the years (for which I am eternally grateful), and danced around at least a dozen cancellations, always giving him the benefit of the doubt and offering forgiveness, if not redemption. But this time really hurt. I traveled a great distance to the fateful Lincoln, NE show, one of the very few in attendance who seemed actually excited to be there. In all the times I have seen a Morrissey show I have never once been disappointed. And although I am not the first (nor likely last) fan to be stunned by a shortened show, the whole experience left me feeling so bitter and unloved. My salvation was to be Chicago until the unfortunate scrapping of the remainder of the tour. And then there was nothing. And then, like the proverbial Phoenix...triumph. And I find my self hoping more desperately then ever before that this is not yet the end. I pray this ending is good enough to inspire more albums and tours.

Struggle on, struggle on

Dear media and rumor mongers: these aren't the words of a dying man.

I'm proud to have gone to his number one show on the US leg. I'm hoping for bigger and brighter things next year. The boy is on a roll.
Oppotunist louse is exactly how I personally view him.

So if Solomon is on compassionate leave how come there is no compassionate comments ? A good chance missed also to to sort out the " Lap dancer " rumours (is this the Wham Christmas or not)
I'm surprised London took the número uno though I thought London was supposed to be dead ! What a kick in the teeth for his homeland that's gotta feckin hurt.
I did say in a previous post that this announcement was due, I don't know of any other performer that treats their fans in such a wankerish fashion as to compile a list of best to shit performances.
Harks on about meat is murder ! Do me a favour ! Eats cheese, poses in front of dead pine fir trees, wears leather shoes, sits on leather sofas.
Newsflash !
Billy Whitelaw has died expect another Tosserrey death file load of hogwash bollocks via the zine tty very soon.
f*** tree killers
f*** cheese eaters
f*** hypocrites
Oh yeh nearly forgot ! f*** Soloman

Benny-the-British-Butcher

This winter, in Copenhagen, I had the unbelievable pleasure of attending my first Morrissey gig. I will forever be grateful for that experience, as well as for all of the songs, all the way from The Smiths to WPINOYB - songs that truly changed my life for the better. I know I will always have a friend in your music, Moz - and I appreciate that immensely. My only wish now, is to repeat that experience. I hope you get yourself a proper deal, release a new album and take that album on tour through Europe (Preferably stopping by Norway to play it). Happy holidays.

It's over put a dime in the dukebox G14, I know it's over

So if Solomon is on compassionate leave how come there is no compassionate comments ? A good chance missed also to to sort out the " Lap dancer " rumours (is this the Wham Christmas or not)
I'm surprised London took the número uno though I thought London was supposed to be dead ! What a kick in the teeth for his homeland that's gotta feckin hurt.
I did say in a previous post that this announcement was due, I don't know of any other performer that treats their fans in such a wankerish fashion as to compile a list of best to shit performances.
Harks on about meat is murder ! Do me a favour ! Eats cheese, poses in front of dead pine fir trees, wears leather shoes, sits on leather sofas.
Newsflash !
Billy Whitelaw has died expect another Tosserrey death file load of hogwash bollocks via the zine tty very soon.
f*** tree killers
f*** cheese eaters
f*** hypocrites
Oh yeh nearly forgot ! f*** Soloman

yeah, what is that rating of audiences all about? some are better than others? thats the most bizarre thing ive ever seen.

2015? Imponderable

I love him.

The beginning...

This bodes very well for some touring in 2015. A U.S.A. mini-tour and/or residencies in Los Angeles & New York.

Chicagoans - if he books 5 nights, will you come?

Pardon the tardin', but who in the f*** are Emmeline Pankhurst, Maud Gonne and Constance Markievicz? :squiffy:

R.I.P Solomon - we barely knew thee!
Must admit, ranking the gigs seems a bit odd - its almost as if he has nothing better to do with himself.
Crikey.

Maybe this would be an opportune moment for Barleycunt, Bummie and Benny to remind us what they have achieved, individually or collectively, in the last few months (let alone in their entire careers) and we can all compare their endeavours to those of Morrissey, at whose efforts and accomplishments they never tire of sneering.

Enough to get under your skin to the degree you come here to talk about us rather than the subject of the site, apparently. :thumb:

Nice to see a Morrissey statement without the nasty excesses for a change. More like this and I might start to think he's a half decent hunan being again.

Pardon the tardin', but who in the f*** are Emmeline Pankhurst, Maud Gonne and Constance Markievicz? :squiffy:

I would have thought the most fascinating aspect of Julia's will is how much of the trust fund will be left.

Enough to get under your skin to the degree you come here to talk about us rather than the subject of the site, apparently. :thumb:

Nice to see a Morrissey statement without the nasty excesses for a change. More like this and I might start to think he's a half decent hunan being again.

dedicating your life to singers you totally hate is completely normal behaviour

R.I.P Solomon - we barely knew thee!
Must admit, ranking the gigs seems a bit odd - its almost as if he has nothing better to do with himself.
Crikey.

Now that he's not touring he has nothing to do. I wonder how he fills his days.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom