Yazoo Live:10 July 2008 Orpehum Theatre, Los Angeles.

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IVEIDUBP

Great show which I was fortune to attend. Kudos to the recorder/uploader for providing it.

2008-07-10 YAZOO (YAZ in USA)
LIVE AT THE ORPHEUM THEATER
LOS ANGELES, CA, USA
2ND NIGHT OF 3 SHOWS
AUDIENCE RECORDING

The beautiful Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles is a vintage 1930's movie theater
recently updated and restored to its original state. It was host to the YAZOO
Reunion tour! It seats a modest 3000-4000 persons, so the show was quite small and
intimate. It is also home to the "Hollywood Week" of the famous TV Show American Idol.

The band was introduced by Richard Blade, famous host of 1980's hit station KROQ Los Angeles,
and who is now hosting his own show on SERIUS satellite radio. He proudly
introduced the band saying he was excited enough about the Police Reunion Tour, and
he was most excited about this YAZOO concert. He recounted his interview with Allison Moyet
who was said to have contacted Vince Clarke this year and told him how it's been 25 years
and that they should consider doing a few gigs. He listened back to his CDs and decided to!

The show was brilliant. The stage was simple - just two stage decks where Vince stood with
2 keyboard stands, and the other deck where Allison stood with a stand for her water bottles
and an occasional glass of wine! The back drops were the same sort of fiber optic lighting
featured in U2's recent tour. The production crew did a great job with the show - including
a few cameos of other 80s US hits like PacMan and Galactica shots during the backing show.

Richard Blade mentioned that this show was going to be recorded and re-aired on his SERIUS Radio
Show, so those in the States with it, please be sure to record it! The crowd was fairly loud on the
first couple of songs but the recording equipment did fairly well to pick up the music instead. The vibe
was definitely wild. No teens were seen in the building. Age range was 25-55. I was shocked at
the gay turn out too. Is this happening at other shows worldwide? Just an observation, not anything else.

RECORDING DETAILS

EQUIPMENT: Sony HD-MD Mini Disc recorder, Sonic stereo mics with bass-roll off, uncompressed audio.
LOCATION: Stage Left, balcony, 7 rows back, isle seat unobstructed
RECORDING TIME: 1:23:20
LINEAGE: Above equipment > USB > WAV > Sound Forge 9 to split tracks > FLAC (level 6) > YOU!
RECORDER: DMLIVE2K(2) / Emmett C.

SET LIST:
1. Nobody´s diary
2. Bad connection
3. Mr. Blue
4. Good times
5. Tuesday
6. Ode to boy
7. Goodbye 70´s
8. Too pieces
9. In my room
10. Softly Over
11. Walk Away From Love
12. I before E except after C (dance version - all from tape/reel to reel)
13. Good Times
14. Sweet Thing
15. Winter Kills
16. Midnight
17. Anyone
18. Bring Your Love Down (Didn't I)
19. Don't Go (false start)
20. Don't Go
21. Crowd Banter

Encore:
22. Only You
23. Situation

I went to see the Yazoo reunion show and it was absolutely brilliant...though I couldn't understand why Alison Moyet kept disappearing off the stage every five minutes or so! She said something about it into the mic but there was so much hubbub around me I couldn't quite catch it. I hope it's cleared up, whatever it is!

Last edited:
did they do that cover of the Flying Pickets' Christmas number one?

No. They do an English version of the Enrique Inglasis classic Solo En Ti :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom